Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K13 video, featuring the first roster update.

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Gosens6 @ 10/10/12 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
74 is pretty good for DeRozan.
Raptor fans always seem to think they have the best team in the league. I don't know where it comes from but they continually think their players are getting shafted in the ratings.

# 42 Steve_OS @ 10/10/12 10:23 AM
Just added the video to our new OS Youtube channel. Please subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOperationSports

# 43 AmR @ 10/10/12 10:24 AM
Has anyone hexed into the disc and checked if the international players are even there? Some of the user edited rosters had the 2nd rounders yesterday but all the international players were not there. I wonder if they even made them....sadly I want to start my assoc. but I am really into the realism part of the game and its far from that right now.

This was posted by PJT in the Rosters Thread. I think 2K needs to give a look at these and make them happen. Even if they just dropped the non-guaranteed contracts in the FA would be great.

Fully Guaranteed Players missing from NBA 2K13.

Knicks:
James White – 1 year Guaranteed contract
Pablo Prigioni – 1 year guaranteed contract
Magic:
Kyle O’Quinn – 1 year guaranteed with team option for 2nd year
unguaranteed
Nets:
Mirza Teletovic – 3 year guaranteed contract
Tornike Shengelia - 1 year guaranteed contract with 2nd year team option unguaranteed.
Pistons:
Kyle Singler – 3 year guaranteed contract
Slava Krostov – One year guaranteed with unguaranteed team option for
2nd year
Raptors:
Alan Anderson – One Year Contract Guaranteed
Rockets:
Shaun Livingston missing from game
Scott Machado - 2 year partially guaranteed contract
Spurs:
Nando De Colo - 2 year guaranteed contract
T-Wolves:
Alexey Shved – 2 year Guaranteed contract
Trailblazers:
Joel Freeland – 3 year guaranteed contract
Victor Claver – 3 year guaranteed contract

Unguaranteed Players Missing from NBA 2K13:

76ers:
Maalik Wayns – Unguaranteed
Cavs:
Donald Sloan - Unguaranteed
Kevin Jones - Unguaranteed
Michael Eric - Unguaranteed
Celtics:
Kris Joseph - Unguaranteed
Dionte Christmas - Unguaranteed
Jamar Smith - Unguaranteed
Hornets:
Brian Roberts - Unguaranteed
Lance Thomas - Unguaranteed
Jazz:
Kevin Murphy – 2 year unguaranteed contract
Chris Quinn - Unguaranteed
Knicks:
Rasheed Wallace - Unguaranteed
Chris Smith - Unguaranteed
John Shurma - Unguaranteed
Chris Copeland - Unguaranteed
Lakers:
Darius Johnson Odom - Unguaranteed
Robert Sacre - Unguaranteed
Chris Douglas Roberts - Unguaranteed
Nuggets:
Julyan Stone – Unguaranteed contract
Suns:
PJ Tucker – unguaranteed contract
Warriors:
Kent Bazemore – Unguaranteed

Players to Remove from Free Agent List as they signed overseas for 2012-2013 Season

PG:

Earl Boykins - Retired

Carlos Arroyo - Signed overseas

Zabian Dowdell - Signed Overseas

Willie Warren - Signed Overseas

Lester Hudson - Signed Overseas

SG:

Rudy Fernandez - Signed Overseas

Maurice Ager - Retired

SF:
Tracy Mcgrady - Signed in China

Andres Nocioni - Signed Overseas

Al Thornton - Signed Overseas

Ime Udoka - Retired - Asst Coach with Spurs

Julian Wright - Signed Overseas

Jawad Williams - Signed Overseas

Patrick Ewing Jr. - Signed Overseas

PF:

Craig Brackins - Signed Overseas

Pops Mensah-Bonsu - Signed Overseas

Vernon Macklin - Signed Overseas

C:

Greg Oden - Out for 2012-2013 with Knee Injury Recovery

Etan Thomas - Retired - NBA Blogger/Analyst

Erick Dampier - Retired

David Andersen - Signed Overseas

Jarron Collins - Retired

Alexis Ajinca - Signed Overseas

# 44 ffaacc03 @ 10/10/12 10:26 AM
So, no detailed info on the added players and the corrected accesories ? ... what is happening to OS ? ... lol ...

But seriously, where are the details of this update ? ... did they made all transactions up to october ? ... did they fix the home/away accesories/socks color issues of CHI, BOS, NY, OKC, etc ? ... did they added the 25+ players already on the disc, of over the 40+ missing players ?

And those 40 are with guaranteed contracts, there are 20+ with unguaranteed contracts.

P.S:
I know there is a video but for whatever reason, cant see it.

# 45 ekie0 @ 10/10/12 10:28 AM
No fix for Kawhi Leonards Atrotious 69 Def awr rating and 74 on ball rating

No fix for Danny Greens atrocious defensive ratings either.

But hey The insider managed to update his hometeam Lakers again. That's a surprise.

Company is becoming a joke.

# 46 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 10/10/12 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
Does anyone know if they updated Online Associations? If not, has anyone heard of a date those rosters will be updated? I've tried to tweet both Ronnie and LD2K and no answer from either. Figures...

Cheers!
Online Association rosters have NOT been updated. To me this is the biggest disappointment because I have 30 guys who thought we were going to be starting today with the release of the update. Go figure they put it out and it doesnt apply to OA's. If anybody knows when they will update that please let me know.

# 47 Ceothachosen1 @ 10/10/12 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renotiongson
Lol, deron is one of the best pg in the league and his rating is just right. Anyway, what happened to the euro players?? Most of them are signed already! Mirza??
point is deron is not better than melo

# 48 Rori Daed @ 10/10/12 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
Online Association rosters have NOT been updated. To me this is the biggest disappointment because I have 30 guys who thought we were going to be starting today with the release of the update. Go figure they put it out and it doesnt apply to OA's. If anybody knows when they will update that please let me know.
ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

Any answer on when this will apply to OA!? I have a 22 looking to start up tonight as well...

# 49 Myxtapes @ 10/10/12 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenAintEasy
Please tell me they upgraded Valanciunas.
Definitely not. Though they did add Quincy Acy...who has a 62 rating.

So, yeah.
Acy - a second round pick - is rated 62, meanwhile Valanciunas - a FIFTH OVERALL pick - is rated 59.

Makes perfect sense. Also, black is white.

# 50 Bananafresh17 @ 10/10/12 10:36 AM
I hope that we aren't sol on remaining missing players.

# 51 Gosens6 @ 10/10/12 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceothachosen1
point is deron is not better than melo
They play completely different positions, comparing the two really isn't fair.

They're both good shooters, Deron is obviously a better passer, and defender in my opinion.

Melo is just better in ISO situations and driving to the hoop. If Deron was a forward or Melo a guard, then it would be fair to compare.

People never take this into consideration when having a hissy fit over ratings.

Derons rating is probably so high because he has high ratings for the PG position, he's a top 5 point guard.

Melo probably got dropped because of his less than stellar defense and rebounding attributes. You can't just base ratings on offensive output.

# 52 Sportsfan0290 @ 10/10/12 10:45 AM
No Kyle Singler Come On 2k.

# 53 IowaAJ @ 10/10/12 10:53 AM
They put in Amundson but not Sheved I don't get it.

# 54 8and9 @ 10/10/12 10:54 AM
Some folks are just never happy.

# 55 Itsfuntobethespurs @ 10/10/12 10:54 AM
I don't understand why ratings change without a single game played so far. They had the whole off season to come up with accurate ratings and a week after release they drop Melo and Ginobili, while improving a guy like Delfino and those from the raptors?

What is more unbelievable is that they drop 2 players that had every reason to go up after their olympic showing

# 56 MrBigShot1 @ 10/10/12 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan0290
No Kyle Singler Come On 2k.
No Kyle Singler, or Slava Kratsov. Both signed contracts over a month ago. Probably closer to two months...

The problem with these updates:

1. When they come, they are not complete.
2. They don't come frequently.
3. Once a player is rated low, especially a role player or a 2nd round pick sleeper, you know for a fact that it will take them a very long time for their rating to be updated, even if they start off the season better than anyone expected.

Normally I wouldn't expect anyone to have a complete roster, but this isn't just one person, this is a professional company. Plus it was pushed back from the weekend, so they had time...they should honestly fire the 2k insider and just hire 5 guys who will each watch over one division and work together to push out updates frequently and accurately. Cost more? Maybe, but its been proven that the way it is now isn't enough.

NBA live 10 use to update player ratings on a daily basis based on how the players played on a game to game basis. Injuries were also updates almost daily. Trades/signings updates weren't every day, but they were frequent.

# 57 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 10/10/12 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori Daed
ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

Any answer on when this will apply to OA!? I have a 22 looking to start up tonight as well...

Sadly I am serious... I wish someone could give us a solid

# 58 omniged @ 10/10/12 11:02 AM
Besides "another" roster update that is needed after this roster update. A HUGE patch is needed for this game!! HUGE!!!

My List of things to be fixed/patched/tuned ASAP!!!!!!!!!
(My experiences when playing online and from what I hear its off line issues as well)

O Rebs: Teams get WAY to many O Rebs its just ridiculousness. The game doesn't punish people for taking horrible shots. I can win or lose JUST from O Rebs ALONE. Hustle players are WAY too good because of this. NOTHING TO STOP or Counter O REBS. You are at the mercy of the Governing Ai Assist. To fix this issue Position should mean more then the hustle ability. When I have 3 to 4 people in position but someone just swoops in and snatches a O Reb, there's a HUGE problem! Besides we still have PG who grab rebounds over C and PFs NOT TALKING ABOUT RONDO OR WESTBROOK... MUST FIX ASAP

Over Governing Ai Assist: This is used in every game. Its used to make the game harder to beat a user/ cpu or easier for a user to win a game, for example in a way that helps. You take a well contested shot the CPU makes a would rebounder move out the way so that your cpu controlled team mate can get the O Reb, you can imagine what happens when it makes it harder. This is in offline and online games... This HUGELY EFFECTS user skills as well. This will not allow you steal, block, move correctly, dribble correctly, pass correctly or make EASY WIDE OPEN shots. Its bad enough that this is in all games but to have it in user vs user or online games is a REAL PROBLEM! This changes a GREAT sim game to a FRUSTRATING arcade game. What's the VERY WORSE is it varies between teams instead of varying between user skill and timing. Basically if you pick a "better" team. You probably wont ever really notice if you only play with OKC NETS LA HEAT how the Gov Ai Assist help you so much but for your opponent that is more skilled than you will get CHEATED out of their experience.

Example I play with the Knicks my boy plays with a "better" team Jay Z's Brooklyn Nets. (The game and Jay Z thinks the Nets are the better team) So here goes. Late in the game D Will catches a "O Reb" and the goes for a Lay Up I user control "TYSON CHANDLER" to meet D Will, BEFORE he get to the rim, D WILL shoots, I USER CONTROL Chandler to block the shot as I am in "PRIME Position" to make a GOOD defesive play but the Gov Ai Assist forces me to jump out of position but thats not all. Chandler actually reaches for the ball still but the Gov Ai assist is way stronger than he or I. A force field blocks Chandlers hand from not blocking the ball D Will MAKES the SHOT... I could understand if D WIll got fouled or at least I change his shot and he made it but nothing of the sort. True Story I have VIDEO proof. This was only ONE of MANY example that happen to ALL of us who play this game... Cheezers need not to comply this does not effect you, so cheese away.

Icon passing: You can not MANUALLY icon bounce pass. Easy fix tap icon for normal pass, HOLD for bounce pass

User Controlled Player Pass: Not many people know this but you can press the RB button and hold the icon of the player of choice then take control of that player to pass to them. But for some strange reason "RANDOMLY" when you do this and try to pass to the player on your team, that team mate you are controlling will RUN away from the ball which will result in needless turn over.. MUST FIX

Cherry Picking: This a very cheese move here. If you think your opponent is going to miss a shot leak ANY player down the opposite side of the court then icon pass to that person for an EASY 2 points. this also can be fixed easily for short term use... ANY pass down court should be inaccurate and results in a T.O. Long term fix is when someone does this, they only have 2-3 people getting the D REBS, so why not use Gov Ai Assist for the user that crashes boards to get a EASY O REB??

Cheese: Big one here not too long though. To me, cheese is anything a user does without consequence REPEATEDLY without strategy. Example played a game against the spurs. I won because Im NICE lol so no hating the game cause I suck talk here lol. So playing against the spurs my opponent only strategy was to drive Spin move JUMP Pass to someone open. It didn't matter if his team was close of far away or accross court, he made MOSTLY accurate passes... He did this 95% of the time and was successfully 90% percent of the time. He never subbed out PARKER NEVER subbed out Ganobli but was still doing this with easy, AGAIN I have VIDEO PROOF... I won the game but what does that teach anyone about BBall and if you can do that what else can you repeatedly in this game. No matter the player or team, users should still have to play bball. This is a sim game right!??!

2K you has A LOT of work to do for this game to be great.. And this just the online experience imagine the bugs that are in association and myplayer... I love the game but it so bugs me. 2K i know is hard at work but this patch for stuff like this CAN't come fast enough!

# 59 Bulls321974 @ 10/10/12 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
So, no detailed info on the added players and the corrected accesories ? ... what is happening to OS ? ... lol ...

But seriously, where are the details of this update ? ... did they made all transactions up to october ? ... did they fix the home/away accesories/socks color issues of CHI, BOS, NY, OKC, etc ? ... did they added the 25+ players already on the disc, of over the 40+ missing players ?

And those 40 are with guaranteed contracts, there are 20+ with unguaranteed contracts.

P.S:
I know there is a video but for whatever reason, cant see it.
Kings: Still have black shoes/socks at home instead of white
Thunder: Still have white socks/shoes on the road instead of black

Didn't check the other teams yet...

# 60 ProfessaPackMan @ 10/10/12 11:08 AM
How is it that the Nets signed/drafted 2 players back in June and July(Shengalia/Teletovic) and they're STILL not on the roster?

I can understand if they were they just signed to the team last week, but these signings happened back in the summer so what gives 2K? Seriously?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.