Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

It looks like Madden NFL 13 title update #3, which was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, is 1 day early and available now for 360 users, weighing in at 19MB.

*UPDATE: PS3 title update is available now, weighing in at 52MB.

For those that missed out on what the title update contains, check it out below or read more about it here.

Feature Additions:

Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.

Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.

Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.

Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.

Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.

Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.
Gameplay Tuning:
  • Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.
  • Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.
  • Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.
  • Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.
Commentary:
  • Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.
Presentation:
  • Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.
  • Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.
  • Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).
Connected Careers:
  • Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.
  • Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.
  • Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.
  • Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.
  • Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.
  • Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.
  • Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.
  • Fixed an issue where 'Starting a League' would reset Player Schemes.
  • Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.
  • Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.
  • Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.
  • Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.
  • Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.
  • Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.
  • Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.
  • Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.
  • Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.
  • Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.
Stability:
  • Fixed numerous crashes.
  • Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.
Madden Ultimate Team:
  • Changed the Packs button to Store Button.
  • Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.
  • Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.
  • Implemented Store Panel Changes.
  • Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.
  • Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits
Playbooks:
  • Fixed an issue where theHail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ozzy57 @ 10/15/12 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
If anybody with the patch gets the chance could you please check out "coach mode" in the game play settings for CCM/Play Now and see if it's a true coach mode where the User does NOT control any players, just playcalling, not the auto QB stuff of the past? Thanks.

DirtyJerz32_OS just beat me to it, lol.

I'll check it out here in a short bit and then edit this post

*Edit for Coach Mode*

Unless I'm completely missing it I don't see the option for coach mode in either online or offline CCM.
However using coach mode in play now it still is just the qb auto throw so I'm thinking for some reason it's not working properly at the moment.

# 22 RajonRondo @ 10/15/12 10:03 AM
Tried a game on default on madden offline ccm and the cpu run game is much better and overall more difficult.

# 23 Virix @ 10/15/12 10:06 AM
Has anyone figured out where to change the scheme for your team in CC? Its not in the personnel/schemes menu like i expected.

# 24 ozzy57 @ 10/15/12 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virix
Has anyone figured out where to change the scheme for your team in CC? Its not in the personnel/schemes menu like i expected.
It is in offline CCM's when I looked earlier it wasn't for online CCM's though

# 25 feeq14 @ 10/15/12 10:17 AM
Is the amount of XP in offline mode comparable to online mode now? I noticed that in offline mode there were a whole lot less points to be made in practice and game modes Vs online mode. I havent tried it since the first patch

# 26 Glenn33 @ 10/15/12 10:19 AM
I'm getting excited. Been waiting for this patch to restart my franchise ... Keep the impressions coming!

# 27 WaddupCouzin @ 10/15/12 10:22 AM
Have they patched the camera glitch, you couldn't change views in CCM. You could only play out of the standard view.

# 28 NYBorn81 @ 10/15/12 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Have they patched the camera glitch, you couldn't change views in CCM. You could only play out of the standard view.
Yea, I use wide view in play now. I've noticed it's using wide view in my CCM now as well.

# 29 NINJAK2 @ 10/15/12 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
Can someone check on the coach mode part during CCM? Is it like NCAA's coach mode?
Dirty telll me where to look for option to change to coach mode and I will check. I'm in connected coach mode and I can't find option to turn on coach mode any where.

Tril- u can change camera angles. Have mine on broadcast

# 30 niftyjets @ 10/15/12 10:27 AM
So for anyone who has downloaded the patch and is not restarting their online ccm your supposed to still be able to edit players equipment etc. without restarting is that true?

Also what can u edit all the same things that you normally except for raitings obviously in a current online ccm?

thanks!!!

# 31 roadman @ 10/15/12 10:31 AM
Quote:
If anybody with the patch gets the chance could you please check out "coach mode" in the game play settings for CCM/Play Now and see if it's a true coach mode where the User does NOT control any players, just playcalling, not the auto QB stuff of the past? Thanks.

DirtyJerz32_OS just beat me to it, lol.
Dirty and Big;

Not sure how it is in NCAA, but I went into play now and put it on coach mode.

If you want to control the QB, you can after the snap of the ball. If you don't, it will auto throw.

I made two throws in the game with Rodgers at QB.

# 32 roadman @ 10/15/12 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
I'll check it out here in a short bit and then edit this post

*Edit for Coach Mode*

Unless I'm completely missing it I don't see the option for coach mode in either online or offline CCM.
However using coach mode in play now it still is just the qb auto throw so I'm thinking for some reason it's not working properly at the moment.
In Play Now, I was able to throw with Rodgers on two passes in coach mode. In the description, it does say, if you don't control your QB, the QB will auto throw.

# 33 Drudown54 @ 10/15/12 10:33 AM
so i thought you were posed to be able to play with multiple teams on connected careers?? I tried to start a new on using a coach and there is no where that i can select multiple users, and i also dont see the coach mode or change schemes. any one help please

# 34 Sturzinator @ 10/15/12 10:34 AM
Anyone start pre-season and notice if the CPU depth charts were fixed (no K as P, etc) ?

# 35 roadman @ 10/15/12 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudown54
so i thought you were posed to be able to play with multiple teams on connected careers?? I tried to start a new on using a coach and there is no where that i can select multiple users, and i also dont see the coach mode or change schemes. any one help please
1st, it was not confirmed by EA you could use multiple teams.

Coach mode is in play now and changing schemes I think is under the More category in online and offline CCM.

# 36 Dj_MyTime @ 10/15/12 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudown54
IIRC they just added the ability in Offline CCM's for users to have multiple controllers plugged in to play 'coaches only'.

# 37 ProbieByKO @ 10/15/12 10:38 AM
Left work early (cough, cough, sneeze) It's good to be the boss, lol.

-and loving the patch so far. I think the physics may have been tuned, as the play seems smoother, and the offline ccm ai runs the ball on default all-pro.

Custom rosters in ccm!!!

Awesome!!!

# 38 roadman @ 10/15/12 10:38 AM
Quote:
I have no idea where the setting/option would be in CCM, maybe someone with NCAA13 can comment on where it is in that game. I really want confirmation on this because a true coach mode is the only way I am getting this game back.

Has anyone actually tried playing it, at least in a Play Now game to see if it's has changed to true coach mode or just looked at the setting?

In Play Now it should be in the game play settings with accelerated clock, etc.
Please refer to my post at the top of the page. lol

# 39 La Verite @ 10/15/12 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
No doubt in my mind now that they touched the physics. The players feel much more grounded and less twitchy. Threshold seems to work properly now. Tackling is indeed cleaned up.
To be honest, threshold was already working.

# 40 Drudown54 @ 10/15/12 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
IIRC they just added the ability in Offline CCM's for users to have multiple controllers plugged in to play 'coaches only'.
So someone can just play against me or on my team then??? Well hell that sucks i wanted to run with multiple teams

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.