Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

It looks like Madden NFL 13 title update #3, which was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, is 1 day early and available now for 360 users, weighing in at 19MB.

*UPDATE: PS3 title update is available now, weighing in at 52MB.

For those that missed out on what the title update contains, check it out below or read more about it here.

Feature Additions:

Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.

Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.

Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.

Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.

Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.

Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.
Gameplay Tuning:
  • Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.
  • Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.
  • Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.
  • Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.
Commentary:
  • Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.
Presentation:
  • Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.
  • Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.
  • Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).
Connected Careers:
  • Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.
  • Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.
  • Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.
  • Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.
  • Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.
  • Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.
  • Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.
  • Fixed an issue where 'Starting a League' would reset Player Schemes.
  • Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.
  • Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.
  • Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.
  • Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.
  • Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.
  • Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.
  • Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.
  • Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.
  • Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.
  • Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.
Stability:
  • Fixed numerous crashes.
  • Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.
Madden Ultimate Team:
  • Changed the Packs button to Store Button.
  • Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.
  • Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.
  • Implemented Store Panel Changes.
  • Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.
  • Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits
Playbooks:
  • Fixed an issue where theHail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Anners @ 10/15/12 12:33 PM
Quote failed, @SECElit3

Nope, had about 7 or 8 of the play clock left to run.

# 102 shugknight @ 10/15/12 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Maybe it saw something in your D it didn't like against its play call.

You never know... they might have added that logic to the game... tall order I know.
It's scripted.

Anytime it gets down to a minute or specifically 1:01 left in the 2nd or 4th quarter, the computer will always call a time out.

# 103 Danimal @ 10/15/12 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealGooch
I can confirm that you CAN play coach mode. I traded my pre-order copy in for NHL when I found out that coach mode wasn't originally in the game. I play in coach-only leagues for NCAA, and we were looking forward to doing the same for Madden.

When you go to My Madden, go to settings and turn "coach mode" on. This will allow you to call offensive and defensive plays and just watch the CPU run them. The QB will be controlled by the CPU as well, and will throw the ball instead of sitting in the pocket waiting for you to take control of him.
Just to confirm you need to set your setting to this? Meaning if I want a coach mode only CCM i need to count on all the owners making this a personal setting and not a league wide setting?

I guess I was hoping when I created a CMM the choice to make it coach mode only was there.

# 104 xCAGEx @ 10/15/12 12:40 PM
Finally got Coach mode and Broadcast view to work in Offline CCM on 360

I deleted all prior saved CCM

Went into settings and changed my camera view to Broadcast and turned on Coach Mode...
Started new offline CCM Coach.. The only time I do not have Broadcast View is when doing the practices ...

# 105 Ninomarley @ 10/15/12 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Only prior to the start of a CCM.

Thank you sir and its about that time i go pick up a copy

# 106 JasonZimmerman @ 10/15/12 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhalljr
How bad is ur Internet service, it took me 45 seconds
I got full strengh as far as I can see, lol

# 107 Steve_OS @ 10/15/12 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAGEx
Playing offline ...
Whats really strange is when practicing its in standard view but when in a game its in broadcast view ...
To get this to work I changed the settings to broadcast before starting my CCM
Very strange. You on PS3?

I tried that as well, same thing. No broadcast view in CCM. LOL

# 108 Flightwhite24 @ 10/15/12 12:46 PM
Any word if assisted tackles see fixed??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

# 109 Gatorfan89 @ 10/15/12 12:47 PM
I see you can change coach schemes now, but can you change the ratios in addition to that now? As in if Im 50/50 pass at the start of my CCM, can I change it to 60/40 pass, etc.

# 110 ramspeedkill @ 10/15/12 12:49 PM
damn wished they would let us select cpu's unis

# 111 Anners @ 10/15/12 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
It's scripted.

Anytime it gets down to a minute or specifically 1:01 left in the 2nd or 4th quarter, the computer will always call a time out.
To be fair, it didn't happen in the 4th quarter, just the 2nd.

If anyone is curious, the 2 games had Mathews run for 152 yards from 21 carries, and Bush run for 205 from 23 carries. Better stats than pre-patch games I've had.

# 112 DetroitStyle @ 10/15/12 12:52 PM
Everything is working as advertised, however I do have two issues.

#1: WR drops were not tuned in my opinion. It says they were tuned on All-Madden but that just doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe for the CPU but not the User. I was playing on All-Madden with the catching slider at 50 and had 10 dropped passes in the first half of a game.

#2: Playcalling and tendencies were not changed, fixed, or tuned. It wasn't stated in the patch notes and it wasn't secretly changed. If you say otherwise it's just placebo. In one half game I played against the eagles they had 7 passes to 18 rushes. I was seeing the same types of playcalling and the unbalanced rushing attack from various teams. The one I mentioned was just my latest since the patch.

# 113 mavfan21 @ 10/15/12 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Anyone check the arm/build editing on RBs to make sure it doesn't have the same glitch as NCAA? The glitch in NCAA causes a player (usually only RBs) to get really skinny in-game no matter how big you made his arms/chest.
Wondering if anyone can run a quick test on this.

# 114 roadman @ 10/15/12 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Everything is working as advertised, however I do have two issues.

#1: WR drops were not tuned in my opinion. It says they were tuned on All-Madden but that just doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe for the CPU but not the User. I was playing on All-Madden with the catching slider at 50 and had 10 dropped passes in the first half of a game.

#2: Playcalling and tendencies were not changed, fixed, or tuned. It wasn't stated in the patch notes and it wasn't secretly changed. If you say otherwise it's just placebo. In one half game I played against the eagles they had 7 passes to 18 rushes. I was seeing the same types of playcalling and the unbalanced rushing attack from various teams. The one I mentioned was just my latest since the patch.
#2 is different results than I had, then.

Started an offline franchise and the Niner, a conservative play calling team, out of 4 drives, three passes on first down and passes on 3rd down plays.

I was specifically watching for this, too.

# 115 Danimal @ 10/15/12 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Started an offline franchise and the Niner, a conservative play calling team, out of 4 drives, three passes on first down and passes on 3rd down plays.

You also said you played a quarter. Not trying to be negative but I would think people need a bigger sample size before forming an opinion one way of the other.

Also if they had patched this they why wouldn't they put it in the patch notes?

# 116 durrrr @ 10/15/12 01:05 PM
Has anyone experienced panning around when playing a ranked game? After I ran a play, we would both pick our plays and the game would pan around the stadium, while the play clock was stopped.

This is on the PS3

# 117 NINJAK2 @ 10/15/12 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Bummer. Can't use broadcast view in CCM. Only available options are Zoomed, Standard and Wide.
That's odd. I finished a preseason game in coach ccm with broadcast camera.

# 118 KBLover @ 10/15/12 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

What was the run/pass ratio for the game?

# 119 KBLover @ 10/15/12 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Oh ye of little faith Detroit. Were you playing with an existing CCM or did you start one from scratch? Were you playing with sliders or without? In my game this morning, Brady was throwing all over the place. I should have gotten stats, but I had to leave for work. I have had so much experience tweaking sliders for CCM pre-patch, I know what I saw this morning was not placebo.
Same question - what run/pass ratio did you get?

Having Brady throw a ton is encouraging, but I'm hoping to see some stats/data.

# 120 KR817 @ 10/15/12 01:09 PM
Was editing my roster in my new CCM and I noticed all offensive linemen have tiny arms. Not just on my team.

So I start another CCM with week 1 rosters. Same thing.

Start an offline CCM with a custom roster. Same thing. Is this a glitch everyone is seeing or just me?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.