Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 New York Knicks home and away uniforms have been updated in-game to match their new designs for the 2012-13 season.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rasco11 @ 10/19/12 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGotti
Ppl must have a bum TV because the blue on mine for the Knicks jersey is royal blue.
Yeah, we all have Haier's

# 42 Smokey @ 10/19/12 11:00 PM
I can't get them in-game.... Did I miss a step or something? I'm playing with the Knicks and they have the same exact v-neck as always.

I'm confused.

# 43 videobastard @ 10/19/12 11:11 PM
Its improved at least from what is was before. The knicks on the road out the box looked like the miami dolphins.

# 44 scottyp180 @ 10/19/12 11:31 PM
Definitely not a nba license issue. Nba live 10 had some pretty accurate colors for jerseys and courts, plus why would the nba not allow 2k to use proper colors? Unless it is an issue with addidas which still would make sense since the game has addidas shoes and newer addidas jerseys in the game. Maybe there's an issue with the color they are programmed and the color that is displayed? Who knows it would be nice of they could release an update that adjust both jerseys and courts

# 45 cookemcurt @ 10/19/12 11:34 PM
Quote:
Lmao man. I'm just saying ne'er understood why ppl complain about the blue because its spot on. Some ppl need to learn how to work the settings on their tvs
Can you take a pic

# 46 JrueTheFuture @ 10/19/12 11:37 PM
Quote:
Lmao man. I'm just saying ne'er understood why ppl complain about theblue because its spot on. Some ppl need to learn how to work the settings on their tvs
Go take a pic then -__-

# 47 Bulls321974 @ 10/20/12 05:00 AM
Guys at 2K just have bad or no color perception. That's my opinion about that...

# 48 DR Russell @ 10/21/12 05:13 PM
What worries me most is... for how long have we been requesting correct colors?, its clearly the wrong color ingame compared to real life, but year after year we keep pointing out the same mistakes. I have not played a 2k basketball game where it represents the real knick blue.

# 49 DR Russell @ 10/21/12 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Next season, 2K should give us some customizing room. They should let us alter the uniforms anyway we please .... if we want the Knicks to wear V-neck, we can give them V-neck. if we want the Knicks to wear pink, they can be pink.

i think thatd be pretty dope.
per NBA, im sure this wont be possible. But neat idea, especially the jersey color edit!

# 50 Boilerbuzz @ 10/21/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMizzle
I think the reason why the colors seem off is because of the lighting/rendering engine that 2K is using. Maybe on the computer screen it's correct but on TV's it's different....kinda like printing from your computer and getting it off the printer.
If that were the case, mods wouldn't be right. Yet they are.

# 51 Boilerbuzz @ 10/21/12 08:16 PM
Quote:
Lmao man. I'm just saying ne'er understood why ppl complain about the blue because its spot on. Some ppl need to learn how to work the settings on their tvs
I agree that is the case for many people. But if you watch a Knick game and then turn on the game and see a different color, then there is an issue. As a Bulls fan, I feel the Knick fans pain.

# 52 Shinyhubcaps @ 10/21/12 10:40 PM
Not for nothing, but some sports games are "required" to use the league style guides for colors and logos. Problem is, the style guides are made by a third-party company and are not always accurate. For instance, MLB The Show does this, which leads to the Brewers missing multiple jerseys (including the Brewers blue alt home, one of their most popular ones) and having erroneous colors (sky blue throwback, anyone?). This seems to be the standard for developers. A few years ago, people complained about this process in Madden, which led EA to ditch the style guides and just replicate what they saw on film and in photos.

Other developers have insisted that they need to follow the style guides precisely. I wonder why, because if they DIDN'T use the style guides, how would anyone know? The errors that persist in the style guides prove that no one audits them for accuracy.

# 53 Shinyhubcaps @ 10/21/12 10:44 PM
Also, I'm fairly certain that the problem isn't the calibration of our TVs. If the Clippers logo and player images have red, why do the jerseys look pink? There is a disconnect between the jerseys and the logos despite both being displayed on the same screen.

# 54 Bulls321974 @ 10/22/12 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Also, I'm fairly certain that the problem isn't the calibration of our TVs. If the Clippers logo and player images have red, why do the jerseys look pink? There is a disconnect between the jerseys and the logos despite both being displayed on the same screen.
Absolutely true! Has nothing to do with tv settings at all. 2K keep using wrong colors again and again! What's annoying me the most is the fact that they were actually doing things right one year in order to do them wrong next year. For example: The Miami Heat black road uniforms! All of a sudden they're gray for whatever reason. Why? It definitely has something to do with either bad color perception or insufficient quality management. Apart from that this game is a beauty in (almost) every sense...

# 55 xRobertitox @ 10/22/12 10:46 AM
People stopped talking about Bulls red being pinkish for yeeeeeears.

They gotta fix that. Other teams are darker so it's not like it's impossible to them

# 56 seanbarkley @ 10/22/12 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Definitely not a nba license issue. Nba live 10 had some pretty accurate colors for jerseys and courts, plus why would the nba not allow 2k to use proper colors? Unless it is an issue with addidas which still would make sense since the game has addidas shoes and newer addidas jerseys in the game. Maybe there's an issue with the color they are programmed and the color that is displayed? Who knows it would be nice of they could release an update that adjust both jerseys and courts
BINGO!

This is exactly what I could check when I was hex editing team colors for 2k12. I checked websites and photos with photoshop to extract the "real exact" colors team used in order to add them to the game. Those colors in my computer and in photoshop looked great (even I printed them to see if my screen wasn't properly calibrated), but when I added, for example, the real Bulls red color to the file, you'll never guess what color was displayed in the game...yes, pink.

Same happened with blues, oranges, yellows and navy, all of them were different; so I'm 99.9% sure that it must be an issue with some kind of filter they use in the game.

# 57 alecast @ 10/22/12 11:49 AM
This color issue has nothing to do with the calibration of the TV. I play a lot of other games and all the colors in these games are always spot on.
The only time I see this issue is when I play NBA 2K.

# 58 alecast @ 10/22/12 12:03 PM
I don`t know if anyone noticed or if anyone cares, but the 94/95 Knicks also have sky blue jerseys that have nothing to do with the real color they used at the time.
To solve this issue, I traded all the 95 Knicks players to the 72 Knicks squad and guess what: the Knicks uniform now looks pitch perfect. 2K nailed the colors for the 72 Knicks and screwed the 95 squad. How is that?
At least, when I play away games with the knicks in 72 uniform they look exactly like they did back in 94/95 and you can always play them against the 80`s teams, which makes up to a very satisfying experience.
Try it out!

# 59 jebediah @ 10/22/12 02:23 PM
Every time I load my roster the Knicks jerseys go back to v-neck. Anybody know why?

# 60 chilidogbeefcake @ 10/22/12 05:25 PM
So you must restart assoc for new courts?

Important to know as I just started bcats assoc Dk if I should proceed

Oops sorry thought this was courts thread

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.