Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 court floors for the Lakers, Suns, and Thunder have been updated in game to match their new designs for the 2012-13 season.

Other court floor updates should be coming soon, which include the most anticipated Spurs and Bobcats. We could see a few subtle changes in other courts, but nothing has been announced.

(Lakers - Should have a white center court line, as seen here.) - Thanks domidomdomz!

Suns

(Thunder - Slight change, double line in the key is now gone. The difference is seen here.) - Thanks Josh Thomas!

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 eko718 @ 10/23/12 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakercj

You must be able to see the difference in the shading of the wood?
I noticed this yesterday after having played on the court. Between the darker wood and the deep purple color, there is something quite off about the court and its distracting.

The wood color they had pre-update was fine, which is interesting.

# 102 gator3guy @ 10/23/12 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
There are a lot of Sixer fans on this forum, including me, but we're not the 'this is the wrong color shade 2k sucks' bunch.
I never said 2k sucks. I'm just trying to help, because it annoys me and since they have the power to change it, it would be nice to see it fixed.

# 103 Bulls321974 @ 10/23/12 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
I never said 2k sucks. I'm just trying to help, because it annoys me and since they have the power to change it, it would be nice to see it fixed.
Same here!

# 104 erickonasis @ 10/23/12 10:59 AM
They did a good job

# 105 erickonasis @ 10/23/12 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I noticed this yesterday after having played on the court. Between the darker wood and the deep purple color, there is something quite off about the court and its distracting.

The wood color they had pre-update was fine, which is interesting.
i like the darker color...feels like i'm playing in a totally diff stadium

# 106 eko718 @ 10/23/12 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
i like the darker color...feels like i'm playing in a totally diff stadium
A totally different stadium from the Staples Center...lol. I don't like it... its inaccurate. I does not resemble the actual floor.

They did a good job with the other two updates though.

# 107 Lakercj @ 10/23/12 12:12 PM
the devs read this forum though right? So i'm sure they will change it

# 108 Advanced @ 10/23/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Not always the case....

I hope they do for the console users though.

# 109 Mauer4MVP @ 10/23/12 12:29 PM
I think they need to find another way to do the Nets court. It looks terrible on the game. So visually distracting.

# 110 juancruz @ 10/23/12 12:33 PM
Quote:
yeah.. and hoping that they also change the lakers midcourt line from purple to white (if possible) to make it more realistic

# 111 inception6189 @ 10/23/12 02:51 PM
why are they missing Kareem's number from the retired numbers section of the court? it has everyone's but his...

# 112 24ct @ 10/23/12 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c15dubb
I know we want everything to be exactly how it is in real life especially for the teams we like most but at a certain point you just have to take what you can get.
LOL @ take what you can get. SMH
Thats never the mentality to have.
I mean...I get it...but the reason 2k hasnt stepped up the art is because we've all be taking it for what its worth instead of really asking for changes like we have with gameplay and other areas of the game.

Its not that serious....but 2k has ALWAYS slacked on art. ALWAYS. (same CAP since 2k) Smh...
Art is a HUGE part of the game.
Little things like that white line or the collar on the jerseys are annoying because these are very SMALL details but we can have Jay-Z & Wale courtside but STILL have the players jerseys wrong just shows how much care they really take into making sure these things are right.

Its not even a big deal to me but obviously some ppl pay exclusive attention to that stuff. Im actually not an OCD with the art in the videogames but I can definitely understand why ppl make it a point to complain about it. We have in game commercials and rituals but some colors and art is ALL wrong? It doesnt add up. Just saying.

# 113 juancruz @ 10/23/12 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
I mean...I get it...but the reason 2k hasnt stepped up the art is because we've all be taking it for what its worth instead of really asking for changes like we have with gameplay and other areas of the game.

Its not that serious....but 2k has ALWAYS slacked on art. ALWAYS. (same CAP since 2k) Smh...
Little things like that white line or the collar on the jerseys are annoying because these are very SMALL details but we can have Jay-Z & Wale courtside but STILL have the players jerseys wrong just shows how much care they really take into making sure these things are right.

Its not even a big deal to me but obviously some ppl pay exclusive attention to that stuff. Im actually not an OCD with the art in the videogames but I can definitely understand why ppl make it a point to complain about it. We have in game commercials and rituals but some colors and art is ALL wrong? It doesnt add up. Just saying.
bingo... nice one 24ct

# 114 d11king @ 10/23/12 07:04 PM
I never nitpick, and the Lakers wood color is definitely wrong. Staples Center is my favorite place to play during my player especially on Turbo camera where I get to see the arena as if I'm an actual player, so the wood color is definitely distracting.

# 115 d11king @ 10/23/12 07:06 PM
Quote:
I don't think I could ever forgive 2K for having Justin Bieber courtside at Laker games over Jack Nicholson... seriously, Jack Nicholson. If you're not gonna put Jack sideline at Laker games, NO OTHER CELEB should be there.

I don't think I could ever forgive 2K for having Justin Bieber period.

# 116 LD2k @ 10/23/12 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
I don't think I could ever forgive 2K for having Justin Bieber period.

# 117 tetoleetd @ 10/23/12 08:38 PM
the suns court looks like Oklahoma State colors and design to me. and the black and orange is strange considering the suns colors are purple and orange.

# 118 juancruz @ 10/23/12 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
hey ld2k, just asking, is that the final update for the lakers court? or shall we see an improvement?

# 119 c15dubb @ 10/23/12 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
the suns court looks like Oklahoma State colors and design to me. and the black and orange is strange considering the suns colors are purple and orange.
I was thinking the same thing but the suns are getting new jerseys next year. I dont know if they'll switch up the logo a bit or not but they should match better next year.

# 120 c15dubb @ 10/23/12 09:07 PM
Quote:

I was saying that because the amount of complaining will not change... they make the colors on the court the right color and then people complain about beards and hairstyles on the players and spacing in-between numbers on the jerseys and things that do not effect how the game plays whatsoever... a few years ago after a game was released that was it, you had a problem with the game too bad that's how it is until next time. now with all the patches and updates people expect these multi-million dollar companies to cater to their every need.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.