Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The Madden NFL 13 team has decided to remove the ability to edit existing NFL player bodies for online CCMs, starting tomorrow.

As some of you noticed in the early impressions of Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3, there were issues when editing offensive and/or defensive linemen, causing arms and/or legs to get skinny or oddly shaped.

Below are tweets from the official Madden twitter account discussing their plans to disable the editing of existing player bodies in online CCM.

Quote:
(1 of 2) Due to complications editing existing NFL player bodies, this functionality will be disabled for Online CCMs starting tomorrow.

(2 of 2) This will address the player body type issues that have been seen. Created Player editing for bodies is still available.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 lilgame06 @ 10/27/12 09:58 PM
so...now my offensive linemen are gonna be stuck as skinny guys forever?

I edited all my offensive linemen to have the bulky foot wraps on when editing first became available...didnt realize about the glitch until i read on these boards about it a few hours after i had already edited all my starting linemen.

They all look like they're 180lbs...but they have big arms...smh

# 42 KR817 @ 10/27/12 10:28 PM
So if you edit o-linemen now they don't go skinny?

What about the mysterious bug that gives random people white sleeves forever? Is that gone?

# 43 RogueHominid @ 10/28/12 01:48 AM
I just started a test online CCM and edited every position. Wile the arms change in the edit screen, on the field they all look normal. All is right with the world.

# 44 La Verite @ 10/28/12 09:23 AM
Were talking about arms tho. Smh. Its cool that EA still is putting patches out but at this point we either like the game or not. Hopefully this works out for people that like to change the appearance, I'm just glad aall this patching didn't ruin the gameplay and fun factor.

# 45 bobtrain @ 10/29/12 05:51 PM
I'm sorry, but do they test anything before they release it? I'm seriously doubting it.

1) Editing players was highly requested on release date back in August.
2) Madden dev team announces in September that they are working on adding it in for Patch 2.0 which was released Oct 16
3) They release the patch with edited players and then realize the lineman arms look strange.

DID THEY TEST ANYTHING? I just don't have faith in the product anymore. It would be like GM constantly producing cars where the breaks sometimes work. That would not last long.

# 46 Nuke LaLoosh @ 10/29/12 06:35 PM
I noticed this today, before seeing this thread. I also started a thread asking if anybody else noticed this. Sorry

1) I see the skinny arms but only on the edit screen. In game they all have been normal.
2) I didn't notice before, but never really looked, the ability to flip players positions. RE to LE, ROLB to LOLB. I'm able to do that now and like that a lot.
3) I can edit D-line and O-line equipment without the body getting f'ed up
4) I'm ok not being able to edit the bodies.

# 47 KR817 @ 10/29/12 09:09 PM
I still have at least one player with white sleeves that will not go away.

I changed some of Mathias Kiwanuka's equipment and he now has white sleeves in every game.

I took sleeves off of him in the edit menu but it didn't help.

I can live with it though. Just glad the skinny arms are gone and I can now edit all players with out worrying about them looking freakish.

# 48 Fist Of Kings @ 10/30/12 12:45 AM
This has to be the buggiest Madden ever, even worse than one of the ps2 Madden's that corrupted your memory card, 07 I think. I'm still puzzled how IGN gave this game a 9 when it has so many problems. The things you expect from football games you can't do, and the game doesn't play as advertised. I can't think of a game that has disappointed me more than this.

# 49 The Real Ma$$ive @ 10/30/12 06:23 AM
My question is has anyone who had their lineman turn skinny, got them back to normal size? And if so, how did you do it?

# 50 Nuke LaLoosh @ 10/30/12 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Ma$$ive
My question is has anyone who had their lineman turn skinny, got them back to normal size? And if so, how did you do it?
No more skinny linemen. They're arms appear skinny in the edit screen but everything is normal in game.

# 51 N51_rob @ 10/30/12 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Ma$$ive
I gave Trent Williams a dark visor and he still hasn't changed back. I took the visor off, and I will see if he goes back to normal.

# 52 Falconfreak @ 10/30/12 04:26 PM
Are they going to fix this for offline CCM as well?

# 53 Falconfreak @ 11/02/12 09:33 AM
No response to my last question? Does anyone know if they are going to patch this for offline franchises as well?

# 54 TheCalvin @ 11/04/12 08:39 PM
Bummer. Still not fixed for my Online CCM. Players look fine in the edit menu but in-game they're still twigs. Do i have to do anything to reset the players default sizes?
Looks like my O-line is going to be skinny until I can get some new players in...

# 55 Falconfreak @ 11/06/12 03:18 PM
So...still no answer to my question? Are they going to patch this for offline franchises as well? Or those of us with offline franchises stuck forever with horribly skinny looking linemen on both sides of the ball?

# 56 Dj_MyTime @ 11/06/12 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconfreak
So...still no answer to my question? Are they going to patch this for offline franchises as well? Or those of us with offline franchises stuck forever with horribly skinny looking linemen on both sides of the ball?
Stuck, it doesn't reverse the issues.

# 57 bigdfan76 @ 11/07/12 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconfreak
I believe it would have to be a patch #4 and that is not going to happen. Your only solution is to start your offline CCM over and completely avoid editg D-linemen and O-linemen in any way. Which of course means you can not edit LG to RG, LE to RE, etc.

# 58 fhs2 @ 11/20/12 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
I believe it would have to be a patch #4 and that is not going to happen. Your only solution is to start your offline CCM over and completely avoid editg D-linemen and O-linemen in any way. Which of course means you can not edit LG to RG, LE to RE, etc.
What if i edit one roster before i start my offline ccm, and start that ccm with my custom edited roster? Will i have problems with that?

# 59 CatMan72 @ 12/10/12 01:47 PM
Just edited several d-lineman in my offline CCM and there was no distortion to their build, noticed all the build settings are gone except for height and weight, just like online, so it appears they did patch this?

# 60 marktwain77 @ 12/15/12 12:06 PM
Cat,

I noticed the same thing. It appears that offline CCM was patched at some point to fix this. I edit player #'s a lot, and equipment as well for my OL and they did not become skinny anymore, nor was there an option to edit their body size

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.