Home
Football Manager 2013 News Post

Slow and steady wins the race. That’s the impression I get after spending a whole week with the Football Manager 2013 beta.

Of course, there’s no point playing it slow and steady if the series didn’t have a solid base to build upon — houses and foundations and all that — but that is the case with FM, as the series’ continues to improve year after year.

It's the same "evolution not revolution" mantra for 2013, as developers Sports Interactive continue to make subtle adjustments across the board, to what is already a very high quality game to begin with. At first glance, there are no earth shattering changes in 2013 that will immediately distinguish itself from the 2012 version. But after spending a little more time with the game, you may just start to notice, and more importantly appreciate, all the little things that have been improved, and like yours truly, finally be able to let go and press the uninstall button on FM 2012.

Read More - Football Manager 2013 Demo Impressions

Game: Football Manager 2013Reader Score: 9.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 3 - View All
Football Manager 2013 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 EddieH28 @ 10/31/12 04:37 PM
Prepare to have days just disappear thanks to Football Manager 13.

# 2 thbends @ 10/31/12 05:05 PM
Wish there was an American Football version of this.

# 3 Matt Diesel @ 10/31/12 05:18 PM
I played over 100 hours of FM12 and I don't particularly like soccer. That is how addictive it is.

# 4 tarek @ 10/31/12 07:43 PM
I'm the same as Matt Diesel. Brilliant and addictive game.
Naturally I wished alot more sports had such an in-depth manager type game but alas they are few and far between. But they ARE out there if you look for basketball, american football, hockey, wrestling, etc.

# 5 paconaifas @ 10/31/12 10:47 PM
Been playing it for 20 years, since championship manager, and every year i'm excited for the release, as if it was the first year playing it. I played the demo and it looks great, the small improvements are indeed awesome. This is simply the better and most addictive sports' strategy game ever. I don't think there can be such an addictive manager game as this, in any sport, simply because they have been doing this, and perfecting it for 20 years.

For me it is not only the most addictive managerial game ever, but the most addictive game ever!

# 6 HKPound @ 11/01/12 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieH28
Prepare to have days just disappear thanks to Football Manager 13.
Know what you mean. Only quality and depth in an american football game that comes anywhere close to FM is Head Coach 09.

# 7 Whomario @ 11/02/12 03:07 PM
i encourage everybody to try it. I know guys who knew literally nothing about soccer grow into fans of the game within weeks.

# 8 MattyEdgeworth @ 11/03/12 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
I played over 100 hours of FM12 and I don't particularly like soccer. That is how addictive it is.
Thats a bit strange to be honest, do you still not like football after playing over 100 hours of FM?

# 9 ZenPancakes @ 11/05/12 02:52 PM
@Matty it's because SI have revolutionized tactile crack transference, every time you boot up FM, the equivalent amount of crack is transferred through your mouse to your skin, keeping you playing sometimes for days. My longest session was 72 hours 😳

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.