Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Steve McPherson and Keni Glover go into some strategy talk for NBA 2K13 and discuss things like whether Zone defense is practical, how effective the pick and roll is, and whether you need to build a team around a superstar or not. Check it out all and give us your thoughts in this week's edition of Fact or Fiction!

Read More - Fact or Fiction: Basketball Strategery Edition

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 xBOSMANx @ 11/01/12 02:10 PM
"Zone defense is impractical in the NBA and thus should never be used as a core defensive strategy"

True in real life,but In previous 2k games zone had its disadvantages and sometimes youll pay the price playing zone cause people that ran those plays would be able to break it down, but zone is crazy this year in game against other online players. Im a sim type of player running my plays to catch the corner and shoot threes to take advantage and break down the zone, but even that is really hard cause defensive players are able to pick up on the guy quick and trap you, and im also seeing this as an exploit in online games since more people are catching on.

# 2 Gramps91 @ 11/01/12 03:49 PM
I agree with steve on winning a championship without a main start. If you have a really good well balanced team you can make it a long way, including winning a championship.

# 3 acolbert @ 11/01/12 03:55 PM
FACT, that you can't win the chip without a star!

I'm playing with CHA and we couldnt do anything with MIA! Good read though!

# 4 Jimbo614 @ 11/01/12 09:56 PM
Great big men: Extinct?

Traditional big men truly are no longer necessary to win consistently in the NBA.

FACT; The NBA All-Star Ballot will no longer have a C position listed.

# 5 chris63 @ 11/02/12 02:55 AM
The Pistons won without a 'STAR'.

# 6 rockchisler @ 11/02/12 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris63
They had 4 all stars tho with one guy headed to the Hall of Fame.

# 7 acolbert @ 11/02/12 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris63
Billups was definitely a star, we all didnt know it until after that series

Ben Wallace was star for a couple years

Richard Hamilton..eh, not really a star, but one of the best role players ever during that run

Sheed was an animal (not a star though)

Prince was the best wing defender in the league at the time.

I was just saying with me using CHA in my Association, I wasnt gonna beat MIA with scrubbs! I needed some fire power! (I did get it too, with no cheese)

# 8 Speedy_Bronco @ 11/02/12 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
Billups was definitely a star, we all didnt know it until after that series

Ben Wallace was star for a couple years

Richard Hamilton..eh, not really a star, but one of the best role players ever during that run

Sheed was an animal (not a star though)

Prince was the best wing defender in the league at the time.

I was just saying with me using CHA in my Association, I wasnt gonna beat MIA with scrubbs! I needed some fire power! (I did get it too, with no cheese)
Sure, those guys were stars in the league, but they won it without a superstar that could literally carry a team on their backs throughout an entire game. They didn't have a Durant, Lebron, Or a Kobe.

# 9 acolbert @ 11/02/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy_Bronco
Sure, those guys were stars in the league, but they won it without a superstar that could literally carry a team on their backs throughout an entire game. They didn't have a Durant, Lebron, Or a Kobe.
Agreed good brotha

I was speaking in terms of my association, where my best player was Kemba Walker . So my point of view was coming from the stance that I needed at least a 'star' to win the chip.

That Piston squad definitely werent bums (not to go in on my squad but..) and the 04 Pistons we are not!

# 10 mpenias @ 11/02/12 05:45 PM
Basketball goes 2 ways. Ben Wallace was a superstar paint-defender and Prince was a superstar wing-defender.

# 11 mvspree8 @ 11/02/12 08:12 PM
People need to stop citing the Pistons when arguing that you "don't need a star." Their run almost a decade ago was a complete anomaly. Extreme exception, not the rule at all.

# 12 cusefan74 @ 11/03/12 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvspree8
People need to stop citing the Pistons when arguing that you "don't need a star." Their run almost a decade ago was a complete anomaly. Extreme exception, not the rule at all.
You are right, it is an exception, but it still leads to what people are saying. You can win without a star.

# 13 biggiejerseys @ 11/05/12 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvspree8
The Pistons proved that if you play solid-team defense you don't need a "Star" in the classical sense of the word. Billups & Ben Wallace were "stars" IMO but in the classical sense of the word.

# 14 Sasquash @ 11/05/12 02:51 PM
Zone d shouldn't be a primary defensive strategy but until 2k decides to fix both on and off ball movement so user d and help defense can be played for man to man zone will be ran and I hope people continue running it until 2k gets it right. Until 2k fixes the problem people will abuse zone.

# 15 Morzak @ 11/21/12 09:25 AM
For the Pick and Roll, run PNR plays they really help with the spacing on P'n'R or Fades. The Floppy plays seem the only ones where i get players open a good percentage of times, many other plays for shooter just brake down. Allthough Floppy Base often isn't run correctly and players don't use the screens.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.