Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

The Houston Astros revealed their new uniforms at Minute Maid Park, a few days ago.

Check out the new uniforms in MLB 13 The Show. They include the standard home and away jerseys, as well as alternates they will use on all home games played on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

UPDATE: An HD video has been released by ESPN, which we have embedded into the site. If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Polo Bandit @ 11/06/12 01:11 AM
Does anyone know if there's a reason this game has never had the mid-late 90s unis? Those are my favorites.

# 22 DubTrey1 @ 11/06/12 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo Bandit
Does anyone know if there's a reason this game has never had the mid-late 90s unis? Those are my favorites.

This!!! I have wanted these in game for the longest.. I would love to see these make an appearance at some point. These (at least for me) were the best Uni's in our history.

# 23 Factzzz @ 11/06/12 01:43 PM
if the Nike undershirts mean that Nike gear is in the game now, that would be the best announcement ever, to me at least.

# 24 seanjeezy @ 11/06/12 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
if the Nike undershirts mean that Nike gear is in the game now, that would be the best announcement ever, to me at least.
While a step in the right direction, IMO if you include one brand you have to include them all. The best option would be an accessory creator that builds on the uniform editor in Diamond Dynasty.

# 25 dalger21 @ 11/06/12 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Not sure I'll go that far. That's more of a cosmetic thing. After a few weeks, people wouldn't even notice it anymore.

# 26 Perfect Zero @ 11/06/12 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Eh. They look like the Tigers now (and the Mets, as somebody else mentioned). The red and black they had been wearing was pretty unique.
If you discount the Diamondbacks I guess you could say that. The thing is, the Tigers don't wear much orange at all, and neither do the Mets. If I remember right, the Orange that the Astros are now wearing is a unique shade, and it should do well in the new American League West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Also, that Sunday jersey looks too Spring Training-ish.
Yeah, this is their BP jersey... I don't know why they are doing that.

# 27 baseballsim @ 11/06/12 06:39 PM
I like the old school look. Also, the spectrum look (blue uni's) is a nice touch.

I think blue and orange is a lot better than gold and black or dback red and black.

I wonder if stirrups will ever make a comeback in our lifetime.

# 28 Factzzz @ 11/06/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Not sure I'll go that far. That's more of a cosmetic thing. After a few weeks, people wouldn't even notice it anymore.
Yeah, for most people definitely, but for me I'd notice that every game, especially in RTTS. For some reason i just really like accessories and batting stances.

# 29 Factzzz @ 11/06/12 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
I agree, I love Nike and wear combat gear always when I play (those undershirts)

HOWEVER!!! watch out, this was made for the Houston Astros to show the most realistic design, this by no means makes it that Nike liscense was obtained. I just wouldnt get your hopes up. A presentation at a conference would have far less legal/copyright issues as opposed to a game that hits shelves everywhere across North America... Just saying, as much as I hope this is the case I wont believe it until I see it in new screenshots from the SCEA team itself.

Be aware...
Ye I agree with you on not getting any hopes up, but i was just thinking if they were doing it just for the presentation, then why only have a couple nike undershirts, why not all undershirts, and all shoes. Idk though, i'm just hoping right now.

# 30 Lovesports @ 11/22/12 09:15 PM
I honestly think its from Mlb the show 13 because the sleeves don't look silly baggy anymore. I swear I'm the only one noticing this but in 12 the sleeves are soooo big lol

# 31 Lovesports @ 11/22/12 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
I agree, I love Nike and wear combat gear always when I play (those undershirts)

HOWEVER!!! watch out, this was made for the Houston Astros to show the most realistic design, this by no means makes it that Nike liscense was obtained. I just wouldnt get your hopes up. A presentation at a conference would have far less legal/copyright issues as opposed to a game that hits shelves everywhere across North America... Just saying, as much as I hope this is the case I wont believe it until I see it in new screenshots from the SCEA team itself.

Be aware...
Honestly, if they didn't have the rights they wouldn't be able to show the logo in the game. It's a good sign in the very least with possibly more brands on the horizon. Not gonna lie, those current no brand shoes look kinda crappy. I'm not too concerned with the under shirts but the shoes definitely need a touch up

# 32 bp4baseball @ 11/22/12 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Honestly, if they didn't have the rights they wouldn't be able to show the logo in the game. It's a good sign in the very least with possibly more brands on the horizon. Not gonna lie, those current no brand shoes look kinda crappy. I'm not too concerned with the under shirts but the shoes definitely need a touch up
Yes but I think his point was that this video is not MLB 13 The Show. It's a presentation for the Houston Astros made with MLB the Show's models. They most likely have different legal requirements.... Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that we will have the Nike logo in the game.

# 33 Lovesports @ 11/23/12 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Yes but I think his point was that this video is not MLB 13 The Show. It's a presentation for the Houston Astros made with MLB the Show's models. They most likely have different legal requirements.... Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that we will have the Nike logo in the game.
Oh okay, I didn't understand what he was trying to say before. In that case we can only hope for the best.

# 34 mlblover15 @ 11/23/12 06:24 PM
Ok Monday this has to be proven dis proven by a member of the dev team... i know it will be cause they can't allow this rumor to run for long they are too on top of this type of stuff.

# 35 Perfect Zero @ 11/24/12 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
Ok Monday this has to be proven dis proven by a member of the dev team... i know it will be cause they can't allow this rumor to run for long they are too on top of this type of stuff.
To be honest, they don't have to do jack crap with rumors that run around. The theory that the official gear was in because of the official unveiling is probably the correct one.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.