Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Origin has posted some Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 features, which include some information on the courses for the Historic Edition. Also, check out the pre-order offers.

ONLY IN THE HISTORIC EDITION—GET FIVE ADDITIONAL COURSES PLUS THE AUGUSTA PAR 3: Includes historic 1934 Augusta, County Down, Birkdale, Sheshan GC and TPC Blue Monster.

Get ready for another season of PGA TOUR golf with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 for Xbox® 360. Take on the world’s top professional golfers as you play for fame and fortune on the world’s most beautiful and demanding courses. Face dynamic weather conditions and hazards that affect gameplay, powered by the Weather Channel in real time based on actual weather patterns. Work your way up the leaderboard or take on the pros. Whatever your motivations are, go inside the ropes with the most-authentic golf experience on the planet.

Game Features:
  • Become a Masters Champion: For one week each spring, golf’s greatest players from around the world gather on the sacred grounds of the Augusta National Golf Club. Now you can take part in one of the greatest traditions in sports, the Masters Tournament.
  • Get excitement on every swing: Huge galleries, digital leaderboards, and dynamic crowd reactions throughout the course add to the intense experience of real tournament golf.
  • Play as or against more than 20 pros: Take to the links with legends such as Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus or modern day pros like Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson or Rickie Fowler.
  • Travel to all the championship courses: Take on the best of the best on some of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass.
  • Kinect for Xbox 360 support: Hit like a pro with the most advanced virtual golf swing to date. Controller-free and voice-enabled controls provide a unique and immersive sports gaming experience.
Historic Edition Courses:
  • Augusta Par 3: The smaller course at the legendary Augusta National Golf Club. Home of the annual Par-3 contest held the same week as the Masters.
  • Augusta 1934: Travel back to the golden age of golf and the very first Masters Tournament on the hallowed grounds of Augusta Golf Club.
  • County Down: Play the charming and challenging holes on one of Ireland’s oldest and most noted courses.
  • Birkdale: Awarded “Royal” status in 1951 and host to several Open Championships, Birkdale remains one of one of the great classic British clubs.
  • Sheshan Golf Club: One of Shanghai’s premier courses, Sheshan boasts an elegant layout that embraces a mix of the old and new.
  • TPC Blue Monster: This prestigious and spectacular course has hosted PGA TOUR events for more than 50 years, made famous by its numerous water hazards and signature 18th hole fountain.
Pre-Order Offers
  • Gamestop: Pinehurst No. 2 DLC Course
  • Amazon: Bethpage Black DLC Course
  • Best Buy: 1986 Jack Nicklaus Exclusive Character
  • Target: Whistling Straits DLC Course
  • Wal-Mart: Kevin Love and Andy Roddick Exclusive Characters
  • Origin: Set of Exclusive Historic Golf Clubs

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DivotMaker @ 12/08/12 07:10 PM
Unfortunately I can't go into any specifics and yes I am aware of most of the new features and improvements in the game. I also did not play the game in final code, so for me to give you an opinion on an unfinished product, I can't really. What I will say is that it appears that EA has focused on gameplay challenge, presentation, cameras, etc. there are a number of features they want to add to the game, but they are running into the limitations of current console hardware. Can't wait to be able to discuss the new game sometime after the beginning of 2013.....

# 22 OnlookerDelay @ 12/12/12 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
What I will say is that it appears that EA has focused on gameplay challenge, presentation, cameras, etc.
So nice to see that the cameras are getting some attention. This was the most correctable item from Tiger13 that needed attention, IMO!

# 23 Lieutenant Dan @ 12/12/12 10:55 AM
Quote:
What I will say is that it appears that EA has focused on gameplay challenge, presentation, cameras, etc. there are a number of features they want to add to the game, but they are running into the limitations of current console hardware.
I kind of figured they would finally hit the wall in that regard.

Thanks for telling us what you can, sounds good to me so far as long as it's a step forward from an already really good game last year.

# 24 Thrash13 @ 12/12/12 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
sounds good to me so far as long as it's a step forward from an already really good game last year.
I bought Tiger Woods 13 when it was released, but I haven't played much at all since then. I pulled it back out the last week, and it really is a pretty damn good game. I'm glad I decided to give it a chance because I've enjoyed it! I'm even more excited now for Tiger Woods 14.

# 25 jbd345 @ 12/12/12 02:49 PM
Divotmaker: not sure if you can answer this but will Oak Hill east course be in the game this year, the sight of 2013 PGA championship? I'm buying the game regardless but it will be a bonus to have a course that is less than 20 minutes from my home in the game.

# 26 DivotMaker @ 12/12/12 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I bought Tiger Woods 13 when it was released, but I haven't played much at all since then. I pulled it back out the last week, and it really is a pretty damn good game. I'm glad I decided to give it a chance because I've enjoyed it! I'm even more excited now for Tiger Woods 14.

Sorry, can't answer that one yet. Hopefully soon...

# 27 cdawg44 @ 12/12/12 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Divotmaker: not sure if you can answer this but will Oak Hill east course be in the game this year, the sight of 2013 PGA championship? I'm buying the game regardless but it will be a bonus to have a course that is less than 20 minutes from my home in the game.
I'll help you out. I keep hearing rumors that it may have made it in on the EA boards. Plus someone on here mentioned that the EA guys were at the course scanning it if I remember right. Nothing is for sure, but EA has gotten the PGA Championship course in the past 5 years.

# 28 cdawg44 @ 12/12/12 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I just picked it up again after I went into an Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption and NHL 13 binge. Tiger 13 is just as fun as the day I first played it. There are truly needed tweaks in the gameplay, but damn it plays a fun and good game of golf still especially with the Playstation Move.

# 29 DivotMaker @ 12/13/12 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
So nice to see that the cameras are getting some attention. This was the most correctable item from Tiger13 that needed attention, IMO!
John,

In the builds we played, did not see the improvements in the cameras that are planned as they weren't in yet. Plus there was a whole bunch of new commentary recorded that had not yet made it in the game either. But we did get to see what they plan to implement in the final build and I think they will be much improved along with the entire presentation....think "playing TW14 as if you are playing a PGA TOUR televised event"......

# 30 SinisterAlex @ 12/13/12 06:26 PM
Quote:
"playing TW14 as if you are playing a PGA TOUR televised event"......

Music to my ears.

# 31 acelang123 @ 12/19/12 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex

Music to my ears.
Yes, me too. I usually buy every iteration of Tiger Woods golf at some point. For example, I paid full price for the TW 12 CE. I then bought a discounted course pack, which left me without Bethpage and Turnberry. So I paid $87 for that game.

I waited on TW 13 CE. It was 19.99 with a 75,000 coin code thru Origin on Black Friday. Then, they sent me another code because they thought they messed up. That code was 5 courses plus another 75,000 coins. I have all but two fantasy courses, plus TPC River Highlands (Great track) was unlocked for me. All for $19.99. Great deal.

TW 14 Hist Ed. - Best Buy - Jack 86 Masters Character. SOLD!

Seriously, I want a few things.

1.) Improve the ball cup interaction physics. Just something to make it look more natural. More lip outs.

2.) Improve the contextual commentary and presentation. When I'm in the lead of tournament, 3rd or FINAL Round the atmosphere should reflect that and every shot is televised and commented on. When I'm middle of the pack, 1st or 2nd round, let me play some holes where it's not televised and then have an indicator telling when it is televised.

3.) Improve the putting system, its still just not natural enough. I wish I could enter the game and putt for myself, I would do a better job.

4.) Career Mode - its been long enough. Give me a career mode that WWE 13 has with WWE Universe Mode. PGA Universe Mode. Give me a calendar, give me options to edit names of players, tournaments, equipment, etc. We live in an era where we download rosters of uncompensated athletes. WWE 13 lets you download user creations. Guess what? Philly Mick won't do a deal to be in the game, lets create him and share him. Boom, fair use, EA disclaimer, and were playing with Mickelson in a career mode. As for the events, give me something to look foward to, give me the grand event, on the grandest stage of them all. Make it mean something, so I have the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat, all while Jim Nantz comforts me with his calm intensity.

5.) LET ME SET MY OUTFITS FOR THE FOUR ROUNDS OF THE TOURNAMENT. IM WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES ALL THE TIME AND I PROBABLY REEK LIKE TIGERS ARMPIT AFTER A 15 HOUR PRACTICE SESSION.

# 32 Chairman7w @ 12/23/12 03:15 PM
BRB Calling Best Buy to Pre-Order.

# 33 pokerlife @ 12/24/12 09:38 PM
You guys are easy to please.. I wont but another Tiger game until they add real life swings for individual players..
have fun watching Keegan Bradley swing just like Tiger and the rest of the golfers in this game..

Also gets boring hitting every fairway and green .. Tiger 07 had the best swing mechanics you could actually miss a green if your swing wasn't perfect!

I would still be playing that online but EA took the servers down

# 34 mrsaito @ 12/31/12 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I am a friend of the head of the grounds comittee for Oak Hill and he told me that a team of folks came around to do GPS data gathering for the next version of the game (this was last summer). So that may not be 100% definitive but pretty close...

# 35 OnlookerDelay @ 12/31/12 10:58 AM
Quote:
John,

In the builds we played, did not see the improvements in the cameras that are planned as they weren't in yet. Plus there was a whole bunch of new commentary recorded that had not yet made it in the game either. But we did get to see what they plan to implement in the final build and I think they will be much improved along with the entire presentation....think "playing TW14 as if you are playing a PGA TOUR televised event"......
Tim, just knowledge that they are treating the camera production as a separate issue is reassuring. I wish you had gotten to see a preview of the options, but they will have had several months to work with their new approach before release.

"Playing TW 14 as a televised PGA Tour event" would be an interesting option, and certainly one I would prefer to the "Follow Cam" only option we have now in Live Tournament play, but I still hanker for a player perspective oriented presentation, where I'd be seeing the action unfold from my golfer's 'swing camera', transitioning to the golfer's "True-Aim" view... and then an option to cut to a downrange, panning camera view at my discretion. I just hope they have some camera configuration control options in this one.

# 36 jesusismyairbag @ 01/08/13 12:22 PM
looks "promising", like every other let down...

# 37 nyrangers81 @ 01/16/13 09:34 AM
So which is the best place to pre-order?

Also is Kapalua Plantation in or planned as dlc? It's my fav course after Pebble Beach.

# 38 cdawg44 @ 01/16/13 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
So which is the best place to pre-order?

Also is Kapalua Plantation in or planned as dlc? It's my fav course after Pebble Beach.
Gamestop by far. They always give you a free real course every year.

# 39 Jgainsey @ 01/16/13 05:41 PM
Will we actually be able to play as Tiger Woods in historic Augusta, or will he be forced to work as a caddy?

# 40 Triggerfish @ 01/16/13 08:38 PM
hoping they make the old clubs legit and not be able to bomb it 350. Would make the whole thing pretty useless. Shotmaking was the way back then ..not bomb and use one of 4 wedges to get out of the so called rough. Anyone know if the old clubs are pay extra or they come with it? Thanks in advance!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.