Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, the NBA 2K13 patch has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony and we should expect it to arrive in about 2 weeks.

The NBA 2K13 patch details will not be revealed until an official date of release has been announced.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Bobhead @ 11/22/12 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
So is this game any good guys?

I dont wanna blow $25 bucks....it's only 25 bucks, but i'd rather keep it than throw it away on a frustrating game

I cant say I lovd 2K12 with all of it's issues, so is this game, gameplay wise, any better?

Thanks
Honestly I'm far from impressed by it. I bought it on release day and I've accumulated maybe 10 hours total, and half of those hours ended with me quitting in frustration over some of the head-scratching bugs and issues.

I'd wait til the patch drops. See how much the game is addressed, and if it turns out they fixed a lot of the issues, It will probably be worth it then.

And the game is really only 25 bucks already? Or are you talking a used or discounted game somewhere?

# 62 rangerrick012 @ 11/22/12 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Honestly I'm far from impressed by it. I bought it on release day and I've accumulated maybe 10 hours total, and half of those hours ended with me quitting in frustration over some of the head-scratching bugs and issues.

I'd wait til the patch drops. See how much the game is addressed, and if it turns out they fixed a lot of the issues, It will probably be worth it then.

And the game is really only 25 bucks already? Or are you talking a used or discounted game somewhere?
Black Friday at Walmart (tonight at 8pm actually).

# 63 Flightwhite24 @ 11/22/12 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Black Friday at Walmart (tonight at 8pm actually).
You don't have to wait till 8pm. The systems ring up $25 right now

# 64 JasonWilliams55 @ 11/22/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
lol

no

think

again
Well then how is it done?

# 65 NealN42 @ 11/23/12 02:13 PM
Reading most of the comments in here makes me think most of you don't even play My Player. If you did, you would know that the mode is largely broken for the majority of players, with the glitched/non-existent playvision for any non-PG players, as well as the starter/6th man glitch, where your team will only play you as a starter for 1-2 games max before placing you back into the 6th man role regardless of how well you play. If you haven't seen this glitch yet just check out Smoove's videos, as he has it in full effect as well. This patch is 100% vital to fixing My Career...and to be honest I'm worried 2k won't deliver...but we'll see.

# 66 MVP9072 @ 11/23/12 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Reading most of the comments in here makes me think most of you don't even play My Player. If you did, you would know that the mode is largely broken for the majority of players, with the glitched/non-existent playvision for any non-PG players, as well as the starter/6th man glitch, where your team will only play you as a starter for 1-2 games max before placing you back into the 6th man role regardless of how well you play. If you haven't seen this glitch yet just check out Smoove's videos, as he has it in full effect as well. This patch is 100% vital to fixing My Career...and to be honest I'm worried 2k won't deliver...but we'll see.
Since i got 2k on the xbox i haven't been put on the bench over an entire season and 19 games in the 2nd.

# 67 nova91 @ 11/23/12 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
Since i got 2k on the xbox i haven't been put on the bench over an entire season and 19 games in the 2nd.
The glitch/problem exists and needs to be fixed. 37 games into my SFs rookie season with the Bobcats, I'm an 82 and I average 24.3ppg, 9.3rpg, 7apg, and 1.4topg with an A- teammate grade I have started a total of 5 games and after every start I get benched. I have 5 triple-doubles and 16 near triple-doubles, all of this in 27mpg off the bench.

I'm in January and I just got tapped for my 6th start(1st this month), I am averaging 29.8ppg, 11.8rpg and 11.2apg in 6 games this month, 3 of my 5 triple-doubles have come during this time. These are above and beyond starters numbers, I should have been starting since mid-December when I dropped a career high 46 off the bench in a OT comeback win against the Lakers.

Being a starter means nothing to me except not having to come in with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter down by 14 and having to try to engineer a comeback only to get pulled when we get it down to a reasonable margin only to have it balloon by the next time I see the floor.

# 68 Majingir @ 11/23/12 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Being a starter means nothing to me except not having to come in with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter
That's the thing that sucks. I think that's exactly why 2K gave everyone the Gatorade pack for free on myplayer, cause they know your guy barely plays in the 1st, and the point of the gatorade pack is so that your guy won't lose stamina for the entire 1st quarter.

But that becomes useless when all you do is play 3-4 mins in the 1st, 3-4 mins in the 2nd, 4-5 mins in the 3rd, and 7-8 in the 4th(and within 2-3 mins into the 4th,your guys energy is completely drains,despite having almost max stamina)

# 69 LiMiiTzZ @ 11/23/12 06:48 PM
I got the game before release and played a couple of weeks worth. Mainly My Player, just to many issues for me to get involved with. SO.... instead of ME being on the bench so many times. I gave it a taste of its own medicine. NO PLAY TIME for you 2k13

# 70 worm91 @ 11/23/12 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Who are you? Do you work for the 2K Dev team? Just wondering, anyone could put "2K" in their username somewhere and proclaim to be someone in the know.
He does work for 2k, he posts here fairly often. Also i think purple highlighted names are for company representatives/devs

# 71 Bobhead @ 11/23/12 08:58 PM
Yeah you can't change your username's color. Every color means something and can't be faked. I don't bother to memorize the whole color scheme, but generally bright colors mean they are either banned or important.

# 72 harvs28 @ 11/23/12 11:05 PM
Rookie Season. The Playoffs. We (Jazz) beat the Wolves 4-0 in the 1st round. Went through the Grizzlies 4-1 in the semis. Won a hard fought 7 game series against a stacked Lakers team in the West Conf. Finals. Then, surprised me that we are up against the 76ers in the NBA Finals, the team that originally drafted me. We were down 3-2 but were able to win the next two games. Champs!!! in my rookie season. I got the Season MVP as well as the Finals MVP!

# 73 blues rocker @ 11/23/12 11:47 PM
looking forward to it...top of my list for hopeful fixes:

1. broken playvision in MyCareer

2. cheesy CPU offensive rebounding

3. cutting players stop cutting when you pass to them in the paint

4. CPU's overpowered on-ball defense on All-Star difficulty and above.

# 74 Seagram @ 11/24/12 01:46 AM
Man, until they FIX the SLOW SHOOT RELEASE (If ever) im not buying this garbage game.

# 75 Norris_Cole @ 11/24/12 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvs28
Rookie Season. The Playoffs. We (Jazz) beat the Wolves 4-0 in the 1st round. Went through the Grizzlies 4-1 in the semis. Won a hard fought 7 game series against a stacked Lakers team in the West Conf. Finals. Then, surprised me that we are up against the 76ers in the NBA Finals, the team that originally drafted me. We were down 3-2 but were able to win the next two games. Champs!!! in my rookie season. I got the Season MVP as well as the Finals MVP!
Cool story bro

# 76 Doomz92 @ 11/24/12 08:18 AM
Hope they made blacktop 5v5 Fullcourt. 3v3 halfcourt has no longevity to it, it's already boring.
Only 2 courts, Defense doesn't exist, only spamming the X button, can't block dunks nor stop animation dunks and difficulty is obviously on Pro and the biggest flaw to me is not every Signature Skill can be used in Blacktop. This is why it needs to be Fullcourt 5v5, so I can use my Chasedown Artist (which means nothing in Halfcourt)

# 77 PJBrownHeat @ 11/24/12 10:12 AM
Fix the issue at the end of the game, i can't watch every action of the game.
it was the issue in nBA 2k12.

a better realmaker !!

possibiliites to trade Barkley (or maybe we have to wait a dlc i prefere a dlc)

improve strategy for Classic team again (for exemple on 52 roll for Jordan, Longley make the screen, if there is a double team on Jordan Longley goes on the sideline to be sure to be alone to make a sideline mid range shot
or a 13 quick up for Jordan, Jordan can make a fade to go on 3 pt line center and come back to the basket for a alley oop!!

Give us more beautiful dunk/lay up for Jordan

do something against the runner of Penny Hardaway because he didn't play like in the reallity (payton too and every point guard who are able to do that) it's an impossible shot and they are able to make the basket everytime (100 % success) with this horrible runner!!!

and find something to avoid some big off reb of CPU a better Bball address for us because it's diificult to understand that Jordan can loose the ball when he didn't dribble and when we make a good defense, a block or a steal, sometimes CPU recover the ball while our player could recover the ball, it's frustrating!!

Maybe a better rotation for classic team because sometimes it's weird

Improve Malone Free throw please, and maybe Stockton jumpshot (less quick)

# 78 Goffs @ 11/24/12 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
There are a lot folks who post here often. Some have 20-30k posts are in no way, shape or form affiliated with any game maker. You could be right on the 'purple' issue, though. Even so, I'd be interested in finding out just how folks prove they are really affiliated with a game maker.,
I can't believe you're actually questioning this...I mean c'mon you think OS will just change the color of the names without any proof of affiliation?

here this was before 2k was released...Ronnie2k vs LD2k (who actually posts here!)

if embedding didn't work here's the link...action doesn't start till around 20:40
http://twitch.tv/2k/b/332757742

Watch live video from 2K on TwitchTV

# 79 DG_I_AM @ 11/24/12 11:57 AM
Hopefully full access to Adidas Gear beyond My Player.

# 80 Angel_G @ 11/24/12 01:53 PM
Fix the Off-ball defense, specifically deny ball and play tight. In MyTeam people would inbound it pass it to Bellinelli and he would swish a 3 every time. Deny ball or play tight offball didn't do anything at all. The cpu defense just sagged off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.