Home
Operation Sports News Post

For those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving and the love of sports and sports gaming in general, we'd like to hear from you on this day. Tell us about your fondest memory on Thanksgiving. The good and/or the bad.

For me, it's all about the Leon Lett catastrophe. I've never gone from pure excitement to pure pissed off in a matter of seconds, so quickly. I still remember the game, like it was yesterday. When I went back to work the following Monday, it was all I heard about. Even people that knew nothing about football were giving me grief. I'll NEVER forget that day.

I don't spend a lot of time gaming on Thanksgiving, it's all about watching football and being with the family. This morning, me and my stepson played some "Turkey Bowl" with a bunch of guys and had a blast. It's the first one I've done in ages. A slightly pulled groin, but all in all, just great fun.

How about you? What is your fondest memory on Thanksgiving?

Game: Operation SportsReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 20 - View All
Operation Sports Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmood88 @ 11/22/12 11:41 AM

# 2 Steve_OS @ 11/22/12 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
That was very high on the list as well.

# 3 bigbob @ 11/22/12 12:57 PM

Thanksgiving 1998. 3 catches, 163 yards, 3 TDs

Thanksgiving 2000. 7 catches, 144 yards, 2 TDs

Randy Moss, the Cowboy Killer.

# 4 jack1535 @ 11/22/12 01:06 PM
Our annual Wii bowling tournament the past three Thanksgiving and Christmases. My cousin won swept the series the first year, but I have taken both thanksgiving and Christmas the past two years. Which is why I am retiring this year. Although a Bret Favre like comeback isn't out of the question

# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 11/22/12 01:22 PM
I remember the 98 thanksgiving game quite well, I was overseas along the Iraq border in Saudi Arabia, we were on high alert for the past 2 weeks prior to that. And I remember the day after we got flown to north africa for assignments. Good times.

# 6 PVarck31 @ 11/22/12 02:44 PM
I remember playing NFL 2k1 with my uncle and hitting randy moss deep down the sidelines for a td to win the game. It was such an amazing game at the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

# 7 Watson @ 11/22/12 03:07 PM
The day after Thanksgiving count? Because literally not even a whole day after my first actual girlfriend broke up with me I went to this game:

It was the first time my dad really let me drink. After just sat there for a good 10 minutes after the game.

Sick to my stomach was an understatement.

It all worked out in January though (Thanks, Pitt!)

# 8 Steve_OS @ 11/22/12 06:14 PM
OK, tonight might be the worst. 28-3 at the half.

# 9 Skyboxer @ 11/22/12 06:23 PM
Today, SO FAR, ranks up there pretty high.....

# 10 Jimbo614 @ 11/22/12 06:46 PM
1970, Lions vs Raiders at Tiger Stadium in the snow. Real Football!

# 11 tril @ 11/22/12 07:53 PM
Back in the 80s leading my team back in a game of tag football in my parents backyard. great times. cousins, nephews, older brothers and a few of my friends from the neighborhood were playing.
You couldnt tell me I wasnt Joe Montana. I still rememebr the game winning throw, it was on a down and in. I perfectly threw the pass while my cousin was making the cut. the pass split 2 defenders and right into his hands. final score 35 to 28.
the back yard was perfect for football. it was about 30-40 yards long and about 15 yards wide.
great times. had planty of football and baseball games there.

# 12 Wrecktum @ 11/22/12 08:13 PM
My first Lions game, vs. the Houston Oilers at the Silverdome. Saw a couple massive drunken brawls in the lower deck before former Michigan State Spartan Lorenzo White scored a game winning TD with less than 2 minutes in the game. Nothing like driving 3 hours to Detroit to get kicked in the nuts by a player you rooted for in college.

Pretty much sums up the life of a Lion fan.

# 13 BaylorBearBryant @ 11/22/12 08:37 PM
As a Texans fan, that game today probably tops my list.

# 14 jrtplaya21 @ 11/23/12 12:06 PM
Being up 28-3 on Dallas made my year. Almost blowing it though is another story.

# 15 TheMatrix31 @ 11/24/12 12:27 AM
Survivor Series being on Thanksgiving Night the first few years, and the Texans/Lions game from yesterday.

That's about it for personal memories.

# 16 Brandwin @ 11/24/12 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Survivor Series being on Thanksgiving Night the first few years, and the Texans/Lions game from yesterday.

That's about it for personal memories.
I still remember Undertaker being introduced to us on Survivor Series.

# 17 TDenverFan @ 11/24/12 09:37 PM
Ron Dayne.

Anyone else remember that game? Broncos-Cowboys, 2005. Denver won in OT after Don Dayne had a 55 yard run, setting up a game winner.

# 18 Gotmadskillzson @ 11/24/12 09:55 PM
Hard to believe Ron Dayne been out of the NFL for 5 years. His career seemed to have went by very fast.

# 19 GaryT531 @ 11/26/12 03:42 AM
94 as a kid when nba showdown came out for snes a week prior to thanksgiving I spent that entire morning using the warriors with webber, sprewell, mullin and tim hardaway. the nba live series was brand new and so much fun at the time.

96 i remember playing nba live 97 for ps one all night on thanksgiving eve. i was the first of my friends to have a playstation and live 97 was the first nba live game for the playstation. i loved the nba live series on snes and ps one

99 when jordan was unlockable in nba live 2000 for ps one if you beat him in a game of one on one on the highest difficulty setting. i remember spending that morning trying to beat him, and i finally did using larry bird.

thanksgiving eve 07 experienced my first red ring of death on the xbox 360. sometime that weekend i found my old nes in the basement of my parents house and played tecmo suber bowl for a few days.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.