Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the first MLB 13 The Show screenshots. Looks like Nike is in, good eye bp4baseball and baseballin23!

Click here to see a higher resolution screenshot.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ped3328 @ 12/01/12 11:42 AM
After all these years, I sure hope they have finally fixed the huge ''beer bellies'' that all catchers sport in the game. LOL. Can't really tell by looking at Buster Posey's pic because he's holding his catching glove... well, right where it shouldn't be! LOL.

# 102 DickDalewood @ 12/01/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
Translation:

Dick wants better grass and clouds.

Not at all what I said, but I guess people read what they want to read.

# 103 Blzer @ 12/01/12 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Interesting... If you go to Kotaku's article on The Show:
http://m.kotaku.com/5964770/your-fir...2013/gallery/1

They seem to be indicating that the Kemp and Bautista shots are from the vita version. That would be very impressive if true.
Not that I have reason to argue against this notion, but where is their indication in that link?

# 104 bp4baseball @ 12/01/12 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Not that I have reason to argue against this notion, but where is their indication in that link?
Sorry, it had all shown up on the front page when I viewed it on my phone. If you click on the Kemp or Bautista picture, underneath the "Mlb The Show" caption is says "Screenshot is from PS Vita version of MLB 13 The Show."

# 105 Blzer @ 12/01/12 02:56 PM
Oh, I get what you're saying.

The only reason I would argue against that notion is not because of the detail and visual beauty of the shot, but because I don't think SCEA or anybody else would ever upscale an image past its native resolution, which is 960 x 544. I can't tell if these shots exceed that resolution, but if they do, then it's probably safe to say they're not from the Vita version.

If they don't, then there's a fighting chance, which would certainly be excellent!

# 106 bp4baseball @ 12/01/12 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Oh, I get what you're saying.

The only reason I would argue against that notion is not because of the detail and visual beauty of the shot, but because I don't think SCEA or anybody else would ever upscale an image past its native resolution, which is 960 x 544. I can't tell if these shots exceed that resolution, but if they do, then it's probably safe to say they're not from the Vita version.

If they don't, then there's a fighting chance, which would certainly be excellent!

Yeah. This wouldn't be the first time a reporter got information mixed up. Also, I would think if those two were vita shots they would be labeled as so in the PS blog.

# 107 Tommyklaid @ 12/02/12 01:14 AM
Loving this time of year again....info, info, info!

# 108 philmnn @ 12/02/12 02:05 AM
i bought a PS3 solely for this game. I regret nothing and I seriously can't wait.

# 109 queensbomber @ 12/02/12 10:38 AM
Quote:
Very first observation... We have the Nike logo :-)
Really? thats something to get excited about?

# 110 bp4baseball @ 12/02/12 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensbomber
I never said I was excited, though it is a nice addition if for nothing else than visuals.

Out of curiosity, what do you suggest we get out of those screenshots?

# 111 DickDalewood @ 12/02/12 05:55 PM
Quote:
Absolutely nothing wrong with someone being excited about attention to detail.

Honestly, I'm sure the last thing anyone really cares about is your opinion on what they can and cannot be excited about.

# 112 tnixen @ 12/02/12 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I was just about to post about how all of our MLB The Show infoHawks were slipping lol

Sent from my LTEvo using Tapatalk 2
Is this real?

Also it looks like the numbers are still yellow for Batter, Balls and strikes on the scoreboard which is wrong they should be white.

Where did this screenshot come from?

# 113 bp4baseball @ 12/02/12 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Is this real?

Also it looks like the numbers are still yellow for Batter, Balls and strikes on the scoreboard which is wrong they should be white.

Where did this screenshot come from?
The official Mlb The Show facebook page updated their cover photo with it:
http://www.facebook.com/mlbtheshow?fref=ts

# 114 tnixen @ 12/02/12 10:32 PM
Quote:
The official Mlb The Show facebook page updated their cover photo with it:
http://www.facebook.com/mlbtheshow?fref=ts
Cool!

I would love to find out that this screenshot is from a new "Upper deck behind hone plate" camera that we can use for Batting, Pitching and fielding

I can dream

# 115 Knight165 @ 12/04/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Oh, I don't know, maybe....take the opportunity to DEMAND gameplay video? It's amazing that so many video game fans get worked up over screenshots. This is why games don't improve as much as they do. I mean, look, if you were XYZGameMaker and your bottom line was the almighty dollar, would you cator your games to the droves and droves of fans who like "Nike logos" or the much smaller number of fans who are into the simulation aspects of said sports game? Think about it.
The game is not nearly near completion for the state of release for '13.

M.K.
Knight165

# 116 queensbomber @ 12/05/12 09:35 PM
Quote:
I never said I was excited, though it is a nice addition if for nothing else than visuals.

Out of curiosity, what do you suggest we get out of those screenshots?
Hey dude didnt mean to rain on your parade there, my bad...I guess im just one of those that likes the fake ads, after all the pepsi ads in MLB 2K9 ugh, you're right though it does add a tad more realism even if its something i really couldve done without.
The screenshots look exactly like last years game and thats nothing to be upset about.

# 117 bp4baseball @ 12/05/12 09:43 PM
Quote:
Hey dude didnt mean to rain on your parade there, my bad...I guess im just one of those that likes the fake ads, after all the pepsi ads in MLB 2K9 ugh, you're right though it does add a tad more realism even if its something i really couldve done without.
The screenshots look exactly like last years game and thats nothing to be upset about.
Ha ha no problem

# 118 PaulieMM @ 12/06/12 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
About this picture, i hope every right handed batter doesnt follow through with 2 hands on every hit to the outfield like Mlb 12 the show, i hated that.

I agree about the follow throughs. That pivot animation that each player uses when dropping the bat turning on the ball of their foot and running to first is a bit unrealistic when larger players hit the ball to the outfield. It works fine for smaller players like Victorino but not Ike Davis.

# 119 tnixen @ 12/07/12 12:31 PM
You can easily see the Nike logo in this screenshot!

# 120 Curahee @ 12/07/12 07:03 PM
Sneak peak at Wrigley

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.