Home
NHL 13 News Post

Another NHL 13 tuner has been released, bringing it up to version 1.07. Check out the details below.

• Reduce ability to score with slap shots in close to the goalie
  • Increase the effect of the injury slider
  • Reduce ability to score with flip dump at the net
HUT
  • Increase injuries in HUT

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Vikes1 @ 12/05/12 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Redshirt... thanks for updating us. Q: Are you guys aware that there's no goalie fatigue, and therefore no need to use your backup goalie, unless you personally impose some "house rules" to play him? Not a criticism, but we would love to see this incorporated into the game. Otherwise, there's really no need for the backup because the starter never tires. Thanks...
Yep Mk...this is one upgrade to the game that would put a major smile on my face.

Ya, I use "House rules" myself to make up for not having goalie fatigue in the game. I play my backup in at least 15 games per season. Being a bit greed I suppose, but I'd love to see "confidants" added as well.

# 22 bwiggy33 @ 12/05/12 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
What slider value do you use for Injuries?
Mine is at four and as I said I haven't seen one (that's not exaggerating either). I never really bothered to go any higher. I haven't started a Be A GM so adjusting the slider isn't necessarily a priority for me when all of the games I've played have been play now. Injuries obviously just don't have as big an affect in play now as they do in Be A GM for obvious reasons. Maybe I would see an injury at 5 or 6 but I haven't put it that high.

# 23 jyoung @ 12/05/12 11:09 PM
Quote:
Are you guys aware that there's no goalie fatigue, and therefore no need to use your backup goalie, unless you personally impose some "house rules" to play him? Not a criticism, but we would love to see this incorporated into the game. Otherwise, there's really no need for the backup because the starter never tires. Thanks...
+1

It would also be a great addition if the goalies could get injured during live gameplay. I believe right now they can only be injured during simmed games.

# 24 l3ulvl @ 12/05/12 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Mine is at four and as I said I haven't seen one (that's not exaggerating either). I never really bothered to go any higher. I haven't started a Be A GM so adjusting the slider isn't necessarily a priority for me when all of the games I've played have been play now. Injuries obviously just don't have as big an affect in play now as they do in Be A GM for obvious reasons. Maybe I would see an injury at 5 or 6 but I haven't put it that high.
I'm surprised you guys aren't getting many in-game injuries, I noted this in the "how is your Be A GM career going?" thread but in my 1st period of my very first game, my best player broke his leg and is out 3 months. Must've been a fluke. Oh well, sucks not having Datsyuk but it happens. I haven't experienced any other injuries since, but I'm only on my 5th game.

# 25 savoie2006 @ 12/05/12 11:59 PM
I was and still am hoping for a penalty fix. There still could be a few more called against the Cpu per game and the Interference calls are often very weak. Plus there are tripping calls missed alot as well.

# 26 MizzouRah @ 12/06/12 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
The changes are for in-game, don't affect simulated results. The extreme bottom end of the injury slider is the same, the default value gives a bit more injuries and as a result you get a bit more fine control over the values at the high end of the slider.

If you switch back to V1.06 it'll be the same as before.
Glad to hear this! I've only seen one injury after 27 games, would like to see just a tad more.

# 27 peter21 @ 12/06/12 01:19 PM
How about an online tweak to computer defenseman acceleration and AI? Instead of leisurely backskating like figureskating pairs all the way to the crease and allowing cheap short-side goals, the occasional poke check attempt would be much appreciated. Cheers, thanks.

It seemed the defense were smarter when the game first launched.

# 28 canucksss @ 12/06/12 06:54 PM
Thank you Redshirt for clarifying about the injury.

But I STILL DONT GET IT. im using savoei's slider PLUS Injury is in "0" occurence with tuner 1.06 and times 1.04. while i dont see much injury in the actual game...i still see them. just right now...with the Revamp rosters for 360 (v.2) in my BaGM, game #3 of season Fiddler was injured during the play and he's out for 2-3 weeks. game #4 of season, a weak bump by Daley to a Minnesota's Setoguchi (sorry vikes) resulted to injury...did not play the rest of the game. after the game, its says he's on day-to-day.

so injury still occurs. perhaps those who doesn't see injuries in actual games are using EA rosters? personally, i dont want to see injuries, minor or major, every game..that would be unrealistic.

i agree with savoei, yes there are penalties being called. but the most obvious are being missed (which can happen once in a while in real NHL game) and only certain penalties are being called. im not complaining about the numbers...for now im satisfied (better than NHL 12).

so next time, i hope ea would do the goalie fatigue, penalties or presentations.

# 29 Steven547 @ 12/06/12 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Thank you Redshirt for clarifying about the injury.

But I STILL DONT GET IT. im using savoei's slider PLUS Injury is in "0" occurence with tuner 1.06 and times 1.04. while i dont see much injury in the actual game...i still see them. just right now...with the Revamp rosters for 360 (v.2) in my BaGM, game #3 of season Fiddler was injured during the play and he's out for 2-3 weeks. game #4 of season, a weak bump by Daley to a Minnesota's Setoguchi (sorry vikes) resulted to injury...did not play the rest of the game. after the game, its says he's on day-to-day.

so injury still occurs. perhaps those who doesn't see injuries in actual games are using EA rosters? personally, i dont want to see injuries, minor or major, every game..that would be unrealistic.

i agree with savoei, yes there are penalties being called. but the most obvious are being missed (which can happen once in a while in real NHL game) and only certain penalties are being called. im not complaining about the numbers...for now im satisfied (better than NHL 12).

so next time, i hope ea would do the goalie fatigue, penalties or presentations.
Goalie fatigue would be the most logical choice. Why they haven't had fatigue in the game yet, is unrealistic.

For the Injuries, I heard people are having numerous during the SIM part. Is this an item on the "to fix" list?

# 30 Cycloniac @ 12/06/12 07:34 PM
Ehh, guess I'll wait for the next tuner since I'm an offline guy.

# 31 Cycloniac @ 12/06/12 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Goalie fatigue would be the most logical choice. Why they haven't had fatigue in the game yet, is unrealistic.

For the Injuries, I heard people are having numerous during the SIM part. Is this an item on the "to fix" list?
I really, really hope so. It's sad that I have to turn injuries on for a week, then off the next in BAGM because of the excessive number of injuries (especially those lasting weeks and months) that occur during simulations.

# 32 mkharsh33 @ 12/07/12 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHeart
where is this damn tuner??
Don Fehr stole it...

# 33 MizzouRah @ 12/07/12 02:28 PM
I was just prompted to download a tuner.

# 34 MizzouRah @ 12/07/12 04:44 PM
Had an injury to a player of mine in the first game post tuner. Damn you guys!

Just kidding.. I see all these players injured on the CPU teams, so even though I have injuries to two of my best players, it's nice to see an injury.

# 35 dangle_snype_celly17 @ 12/07/12 05:45 PM
can anyone find Yakupov on the latest roster update

# 36 Gangrel @ 12/07/12 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangle_snype_celly17
can anyone find Yakupov on the latest roster update
He's "in the system" when you control edmonton. You can sign him to a contract in GM mode, but I think that's the only way to get him to appear.

# 37 Mightymason @ 12/08/12 02:10 AM
Thanks do u know if he is available next season ? He doesn't show up when I try to trade for him

# 38 Cletus @ 12/08/12 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymason
Thanks do u know if he is available next season ? He doesn't show up when I try to trade for him
He's available if the Oilers sign him to a contract. He's on the Oilers organization because he's their property, although he doesn't have a contract to play. He basically has a job but he's waiting on the Oilers to fill out his paperwork so he can get to work.

# 39 half-fast @ 12/09/12 01:20 AM
Quote:
Redshirt... thanks for updating us. Q: Are you guys aware that there's no goalie fatigue, and therefore no need to use your backup goalie, unless you personally impose some "house rules" to play him? Not a criticism, but we would love to see this incorporated into the game. Otherwise, there's really no need for the backup because the starter never tires. Thanks...
I definitely agree - there is no fatigue, however, I have noticed a well-established pattern that my starter starts playing like crap if I play him every game, especially during heavily-game-congested weeks. I switch to my backup to get better results. But yes, there is no goalie fatigue per se.

# 40 renojedi @ 12/10/12 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547

EA, how about throwing us a bone? There is no NHL season, many players aren't in the game (AHL and other rookies) due to contract/license rules, and, to be blunt, we are playing with last year's NHL rosters in a game we've had for what, 3 months now? I realize those are not the fault of EA but since the game is worse than last year in those respects, how about patching in the goalie fatigue we've been asking for for years? It would be a nice gesture to those of us who bought the game rather than boycott it as many are doing (or plan to do) with all things NHL.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.