Home
NHL 13 News Post

Another NHL 13 tuner has been released, bringing it up to version 1.07. Check out the details below.

• Reduce ability to score with slap shots in close to the goalie
  • Increase the effect of the injury slider
  • Reduce ability to score with flip dump at the net
HUT
  • Increase injuries in HUT

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/24/13 12:01 PM
Hey guys quick question...

I just got back to playing this last night and I noticed there were a bunch of tuners that were out there.

From reading the boards it seems some are better than others in terms of penalties, injuries and such.

Which one seems to be better tuner? Thanks!

# 62 gsize19 @ 01/24/13 01:26 PM
I find 1.06 being the best for the best simulation experience... Tis is my opinion others may find other patches better, but I exclusively use 1.06 and have great results...

# 63 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/24/13 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
I find 1.06 being the best for the best simulation experience... Tis is my opinion others may find other patches better, but I exclusively use 1.06 and have great results...
How's are penalties and injuries?

# 64 wech @ 01/25/13 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
The thing with these tuners, is it all depends on how you play the game. Personally, I love the coach only mode. I use Hurdinators coach only sliders, with the latest tuner, and find it very fun.

I think when it becomes User vs CPU, I strongly believe the CPU plays differently. I'm not saying it's "comeback", but they do play differently. For example, I can play as Pittsburgh vs Team Japan. I will win when it's over, but Team Japan seems to play a lot tougher than the lowest rated team in the game.

Put the game as a coach only (cpu vs cpu) and Pittsburgh will dominate Team Japan. I wish EA would let the game play according the player ratings more and not some other "hidden" ratings, etc.

What I'm saying, is these tuners do what they are supposed to do, but it depends on how you play the game as to whether or not you get the full effect of the tuner.
I play in Season mode and do it CPU vs CPU style. I never, ever see a back up goalie start against me. Do you have that same experience? Not that I want to play against back up goalies all the time but 10-20 times in a season would be nice since that's much more realistic.
I just want it to be a bit more realistic. Have you ever noticed/seen a back up goalie starting against you?

# 65 Steven547 @ 01/25/13 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wech
I play in Season mode and do it CPU vs CPU style. I never, ever see a back up goalie start against me. Do you have that same experience? Not that I want to play against back up goalies all the time but 10-20 times in a season would be nice since that's much more realistic.
I just want it to be a bit more realistic. Have you ever noticed/seen a back up goalie starting against you?
There is no fatigue for Goalies, so they won't ever have a "sit down" day. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but from what I've heard, you have to manually make the change yourself. It's a mystery as to why EA hasn't implemented this in the past couple versions. Changing up your goalies due to fatigue and "low confidence" is a HUGE thing in the NHL.

# 66 wech @ 01/25/13 12:38 PM
Quote:
There is no fatigue for Goalies, so they won't ever have a "sit down" day. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but from what I've heard, you have to manually make the change yourself. It's a mystery as to why EA hasn't implemented this in the past couple versions. Changing up your goalies due to fatigue and "low confidence" is a HUGE thing in the NHL.
The last EA hockey game that I played that randomly started back up goalies against me was NHLPA 93. Now admittedly, I didnt own any EA hockey games from 1998 through 2007 but I doubt any of those iterations had back up goalies starting against the human player either. Just a total bummer and the only thing that keeps this game from being real to me (as close to real as possible anyway). I cant believe this isnt part of the game either. If they could code it into NHLPA 93 then they CERTAINLY could do it for NHL 13 (or so you'd think...but things work like that with EA sports games so often).

# 67 Steven547 @ 01/25/13 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wech
The last EA hockey game that I played that randomly started back up goalies against me was NHLPA 93. Now admittedly, I didnt own any EA hockey games from 1998 through 2007 but I doubt any of those iterations had back up goalies starting against the human player either. Just a total bummer and the only thing that keeps this game from being real to me (as close to real as possible anyway). I cant believe this isnt part of the game either. If they could code it into NHLPA 93 then they CERTAINLY could do it for NHL 13 (or so you'd think...but things work like that with EA sports games so often).
EA will just pull their classic, typical marketing move. They will market goalie fatigue as a "new" feature, similar to when they said "boardplay" was a new feature (but it was in NHL 2005 and I think 2004).

Either way, I believe the tuner you use greatly depends on how you play the game. As I said before, I use Coach only, so I feel 1.07 is just fine. If you're doing HUM vs CPU, you might want 1.06 or 1.04.

# 68 Mutilated @ 01/26/13 09:52 AM
I made a little test using 1.06 and 1.07 since so many use 1.07.
Personally i use 1.06 but i might switch after seeing this.

I used Nashville vs Rangers. CPU vs CPU. 5 games on 1.06 and 5 games on 1.07 just too check shots on goal, goals scored, penalties etc.

On average, shots on goal with 1.06 was Nashville 16 and Rangers 14. That is really low and possibly the reason why i will change to 1.07 in my next Be a GM.
With 1.07 the shots on goal was Nashville 28 and Rangers 35. Huge difference!

Average score was 2-2 with 1.06 and 3-5 with 1.07.

So you get a lot more shots using 1.07 which means that the goalies will have to work really hard, which also leads to more goals against. The players also seem to have more energy on 1.07.
Penalties were also more on 1.07. 3 for nashville and 3 for rangers on average. On 1.06 they had one penalty each.

# 69 ezio @ 01/26/13 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated
I made a little test using 1.06 and 1.07 since so many use 1.07.
Personally i use 1.06 but i might switch after seeing this.

I used Nashville vs Rangers. CPU vs CPU. 5 games on 1.06 and 5 games on 1.07 just too check shots on goal, goals scored, penalties etc.

On average, shots on goal with 1.06 was Nashville 16 and Rangers 14. That is really low and possibly the reason why i will change to 1.07 in my next Be a GM.
With 1.07 the shots on goal was Nashville 28 and Rangers 35. Huge difference!

Average score was 2-2 with 1.06 and 3-5 with 1.07.

So you get a lot more shots using 1.07 which means that the goalies will have to work really hard, which also leads to more goals against. The players also seem to have more energy on 1.07.
Penalties were also more on 1.07. 3 for nashville and 3 for rangers on average. On 1.06 they had one penalty each.
that is encouraging. I got rid of the game but have been thinking about getting it again. Is it any harder to gain the zone or can you still pretty much walk in? I usually play on Pro if that matters.

# 70 Mutilated @ 01/26/13 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
that is encouraging. I got rid of the game but have been thinking about getting it again. Is it any harder to gain the zone or can you still pretty much walk in? I usually play on Pro if that matters.
Not sure. This was CPU vs CPU so i just watched the games. Been a while since i actually played using 1.07. Will do that soon though.
Since i play on superstar, that's what i used to test this. Not sure how much difference there would have been with Pro.

# 71 wolfzr2 @ 01/28/13 10:37 AM
Man, I don't know what changed with my game but I was cruising with the Rangers up until around game 60. Since the change to 1.07, I've gone 2-12-4. I cannot gain the zone, cannot win a loose puck battle, and Lundqvist is giving up goals on backhanders from the blue line.

Playing on PRO btw. I've tried numerous slider combinations and the overall feel of the game is just way off now. The Isles had a backup goalie in with an OV of 68...dude puts up a 43 save shutout on me. Okposo goes beast mode and beats 3 players down the ice and sniped Hank from the blue line..

Now repeat this over the last 18 games. Seriously considering going back to NHL 12.

# 72 Steven547 @ 01/28/13 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfzr2
Man, I don't know what changed with my game but I was cruising with the Rangers up until around game 60. Since the change to 1.07, I've gone 2-12-4. I cannot gain the zone, cannot win a loose puck battle, and Lundqvist is giving up goals on backhanders from the blue line.

Playing on PRO btw. I've tried numerous slider combinations and the overall feel of the game is just way off now. The Isles had a backup goalie in with an OV of 68...dude puts up a 43 save shutout on me. Okposo goes beast mode and beats 3 players down the ice and sniped Hank from the blue line..

Now repeat this over the last 18 games. Seriously considering going back to NHL 12.
The game definitely plays different if you're in the "Be a Pro" (or position lock) compared to CPU vs CPU. I'm using Coach only sliders, and find I get fun games with CPU vs CPU. But when I jumped to position lock, the CPU (tuner 1.07) became gods. Did not matter what team I was playing. I think 1.04 or 1.06 might be best of you're playing Be a Pro. One would think there wouldn't be a difference, but it seems EA coded it so the CPU plays tougher against a HUM.

I tried position lock Pittsburgh (tuner 1.07) vs Team Japan. Maybe I'm not that good, but I was able to get 1 goal after one period. It took until the 3rd period to finally score a bunch of goals.

Same teams, but CPU vs CPU....Pittsburgh dominated the entire game. It played differently. Overall, not sure what the real answer here is, but I think 1.07 is great for CPU vs CPU, and 1.04 or 1.06 would be best for Be a Pro or Position Lock.

# 73 Money99 @ 01/28/13 12:05 PM
Quote:
The game definitely plays different if you're in the "Be a Pro" (or position lock) compared to CPU vs CPU. I'm using Coach only sliders, and find I get fun games with CPU vs CPU. But when I jumped to position lock, the CPU (tuner 1.07) became gods. Did not matter what team I was playing. I think 1.04 or 1.06 might be best of you're playing Be a Pro. One would think there wouldn't be a difference, but it seems EA coded it so the CPU plays tougher against a HUM.

I tried position lock Pittsburgh (tuner 1.07) vs Team Japan. Maybe I'm not that good, but I was able to get 1 goal after one period. It took until the 3rd period to finally score a bunch of goals.

Same teams, but CPU vs CPU....Pittsburgh dominated the entire game. It played differently. Overall, not sure what the real answer here is, but I think 1.07 is great for CPU vs CPU, and 1.04 or 1.06 would be best for Be a Pro or Position Lock.
This has been going on for years.
The CPU is programmed to go after the HUM player like it raped it's cat.
When a HUM has the puck, they go absolutely bat-poop crazy attacking you.
But if the CPU has the puck, they enter a gentleman's agreement to stay at least 6' away and only go after the puck once it becomes loose.

I've played a lot of BAP and position-lock games to see this. When I set up a CPU teammate with a pass in the slot, they have oodles of time to deke and shoot the puck.
If I'm in the same situation as a HUM player, I get mauled into oblivion.

It's EA's way of hiding faulty AI. It's the only way the CPU can score on a human player.
And it forces you to constantly change your players so you hopefully get your guys out of position.
It's also why the berzerker mode exists, because your CPU teammates don't even bother to flick a poke-check in the direction of the puck carrier.

# 74 bostonsoxsrock29 @ 04/06/13 09:39 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anybody on here knows which tuner set for nhl 13 is good to use I really like tuner set 1.06 is ok but it has its problems I really feel like they change the skating and the true proformance of skating it almost feels like when ur skating down the ice its almost like gliding instead of skating don't get me wrong I love what they have done in this years game but it really needs for effort its like the players have no weight to them whatsoever and they can just gliding another thing that I noticed when playing is that the passing got better with the new tuners meaning 1.06 its like u can actually pass to teammates very easily

# 75 jorgito2729 @ 12/12/13 02:43 PM
which was the last tuner update for nhl 13?, because i read a thread and they were talking about v 1.08 which I dont have, the latest stated in my game is v1.07, am i missing the latest?, or is all just bs on the net?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.