Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

To view a higher resolution screenshot, click here.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 seanjeezy @ 12/06/12 09:50 PM
Don't know how anyone can still play 12 with the new CBA and the Astros moving to the AL missing... that alone should make people want to buy 13.

# 22 oldman @ 12/06/12 10:18 PM
These look great but I want to know what they are going to do to keep the game fresh.

# 23 SDPadres2012 @ 12/06/12 11:28 PM
I'm really hoping that crowd atmosphere will be fixed a little bit more in 13 or down the line. I know they made some improvements last year but it still annoys me when I am playing at a half-empty Petco Park, with bases empty in the 7th, down by four runs and yet the entire crowd is on their feet acting like I'm about to hit a walk-off. If they could fix THAT, then I will be happy an honestly would just buy the show if the fixed that and only that.

# 24 JDL375 @ 12/06/12 11:39 PM
I can totally understand not being able to make hair or fans look totally life like or improve the graphics dramatically because the bottom line is that the PS3 only has so much capability.

But I would expect a ton of new accessories at least. Different styles of gloves, new catchers gear, more pant bottom styles, things like chains and necklaces or even something as simple as being able to have the top button of the jersey open that was available in 2K games as far back as 2K8!

If there are no new accessories other than the little Nike logo at the top of everyone's t-shirt, which would actually be UNREALISTIC since not everyone wears it unless they just sold out to Nike and agreed to put it on everyone, then I am going to be disappointing.

But again, it's early and all of the new accessories weren't in any of the screen shots last year, they made the screen shots with the default gear but the new stuff was available for us to go in and manually change, like compression sleeves, wrist guards, the new arm guards/shin guards, etc...

So hopefully, if nothing else, we get a lot of new gear/accessories....because yeah I agree that $60 for the same game with new rosters and a few new players who were rookies last year would be a little bit hard to swallow.

# 25 sink4ever @ 12/07/12 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDL375
I can totally understand not being able to make hair or fans look totally life like or improve the graphics dramatically because the bottom line is that the PS3 only has so much capability.

But I would expect a ton of new accessories at least. Different styles of gloves, new catchers gear, more pant bottom styles, things like chains and necklaces or even something as simple as being able to have the top button of the jersey open that was available in 2K games as far back as 2K8!

If there are no new accessories other than the little Nike logo at the top of everyone's t-shirt, which would actually be UNREALISTIC since not everyone wears it unless they just sold out to Nike and agreed to put it on everyone, then I am going to be disappointing.

But again, it's early and all of the new accessories weren't in any of the screen shots last year, they made the screen shots with the default gear but the new stuff was available for us to go in and manually change, like compression sleeves, wrist guards, the new arm guards/shin guards, etc...

So hopefully, if nothing else, we get a lot of new gear/accessories....because yeah I agree that $60 for the same game with new rosters and a few new players who were rookies last year would be a little bit hard to swallow.
Revamped RTTS and Franchise, as well as Playoff mode, a better "pick up and play mode" . . . and probably a whole bunch of stuff that hasn't been released yet!!!

# 26 Blzer @ 12/07/12 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Revamped RTTS and Franchise, as well as Playoff mode, a better "pick up and play mode" . . . and probably a whole bunch of stuff that hasn't been released yet!!!
For those who don't play those modes, it might feel like that to them. Maybe he only plays online or something.

As for myself, I'm solely a franchise guy, so it's huge news to me.

# 27 Knight165 @ 12/07/12 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
For those who don't play those modes, it might feel like that to them. Maybe he only plays online or something.

That's fine.

But you can't say it's the same game with new rosters at the same time, just because things you are looking for might not have gotten "enough attention" according to you.

M.K.
Knight165

# 28 zack4070 @ 12/07/12 11:40 AM
CC seems to always have a scrunched up face. Please cut Brauns hair........

# 29 timmymvp6 @ 12/07/12 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
You are wrong in this regard.
Back in MLB 2005, the sponsors you chose in franchise mode did appear in the ballpark. I don't know when it was taken out though.
They also had it in mlb 09 the show

# 30 sink4ever @ 12/08/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I definitely get that. I just think there's a difference between "Gee, I wish they had addressed theses areas" and "It's the exact same game!"

# 31 Blzer @ 12/08/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I definitely get that. I just think there's a difference between "Gee, I wish they had addressed theses areas" and "It's the exact same game!"
So do I. I wasn't speaking for myself when I said that.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.