Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

In Madden NFL 13 online Connected Careers, some users within leagues have ran into negative cap space numbers. Many in the range of 1.3 billion dollars.

EA Sports will push a server side fix for 360 and PS3 users that continue to have these salary cap issues, which will fix existing and future online Connected Careers.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mikesuszek @ 12/06/12 06:02 PM
In before people are *still* not happy with the post-launch support for this game.

Seriously though, it's a relief that this is being fixed. My league's draft is next Saturday!

Edit: Also, I'm being facetious. Everyone has valid reasons to be upset with glitches and bugs in these games.

# 2 CM Hooe @ 12/06/12 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuszek
In before people are *still* not happy with the post-launch support for this game.
QFT. This is to my recollection the most post-release support a sports video game has ever seen, and it's probably one of the most well-supported games of this console generation period (not including MMOs which require constant support to even function).

Granted, there were a lot of bugs in M13 to start with, that must be acknowledged, but Tiburon must be commended for fixing a ton of them.

EDIT: here's a link to the exact tweet that the OP is referring to.

# 3 roadman @ 12/06/12 06:24 PM
For all the negativity I've stated lately, I do need to give props when it's due.

I'm speculating, and I use that term loosely, that there will be an update on the offline salary caps as well in the near future.

# 4 azdawgpound @ 12/06/12 06:30 PM
i thought the whole idea of combining all 3 modes was so they wouldnt have to put out patches to fix the game? so now there fixing online ccm salary cap issue but the offline users are stuck with it????? hows that far not everybody play ccm online. guess well have wait till next patch if there is one which i doubt to fix the offline issue.

# 5 Jr. @ 12/06/12 06:36 PM

Good job EA!

# 6 bcruise @ 12/06/12 06:41 PM
Great news. Several members of OS Vets were hit by this bug.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 7 roadman @ 12/06/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i thought the whole idea of combining all 3 modes was so they wouldnt have to put out patches to fix the game? so now there fixing online ccm salary cap issue but the offline users are stuck with it????? hows that far not everybody play ccm online. guess well have wait till next patch if there is one which i doubt to fix the offline issue.
Well, after the game came out, they started making server side fixes that the offline crew didn't see till patch 2 or 3. Double jersey numbers, etc...so, this isn't a surprise.

# 8 CM Hooe @ 12/06/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
i thought the whole idea of combining all 3 modes was so they wouldnt have to put out patches to fix the game?
Off-topic but I want to cut this off at the head.

The intent of the combination of three modes was to streamline development and production of the game for Tiburon, in turn allowing for a better and more easily improved (year-over-year) experience in all three modes. Nowhere was it mentioned that patches wouldn't be necessary, you've misremembered the original discussions on the matter.

Example: if the team wanted to add a feature into franchise mode in Madden 12, it had to be implemented three separate times: once for franchise, once for online franchise, and once for superstar. This is horribly inefficient and is a major reason as to why we saw little advancement in franchise mode in previous iterations of the Madden games. CCM is quite obviously a better designed career mode to execute the same high-level feature set of all three previously-existing career modes, and it will be easier for Tiburon to iterate upon, thus resulting in a better game going forward, thus more happy OSers.

As to Madden having bugs, every game has bugs. CCM has had a ton, it's a brand new feature and product so this isn't surprising (disappointing nevertheless). That said, to reiterate, Tiburon has owned up to the bugs and fixed a ton of them.

# 9 bgdave39 @ 12/06/12 06:53 PM
This is great news, glad they were able to get it figured out. Our 32 man league just got to season 2 and had users getting the negative salary glitch. Perfect timing!

# 10 jwmcards @ 12/06/12 08:58 PM
This is good news, but I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop that offliners will be left in the dust on this one; which would really, really, suck. But one can always hope. Good news nonetheless.

I know, party pooper role, but it's been that type of day :-)

# 11 N51_rob @ 12/06/12 10:28 PM
Thanks for the update and patch EA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 12 bmj2k7 @ 12/06/12 10:52 PM
I hope CCM is one of those one year wonders, where we never see it again! Im a career guy, franchise was awesome to play, CCM is a joke, its bug filled, its not fun at all. Even if the bugs get fixed, CCM seems no where near as fun. While hopefully they go back to the way it was, or back to the glory ps2 days, remove the god awful MUT and use that time fixing the defense and unstoppable slot WRs. Seriously who plays MUT? Its a tacked on, half assed card game.

# 13 DJ @ 12/06/12 11:42 PM
Hope there will be a patch for Offline users for this.

# 14 roadman @ 12/07/12 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
I hope CCM is one of those one year wonders, where we never see it again! Im a career guy, franchise was awesome to play, CCM is a joke, its bug filled, its not fun at all. Even if the bugs get fixed, CCM seems no where near as fun. While hopefully they go back to the way it was, or back to the glory ps2 days, remove the god awful MUT and use that time fixing the defense and unstoppable slot WRs. Seriously who plays MUT? Its a tacked on, half assed card game.
MUT isn't going anywhere, it's a money maker. You don't remove money makers from your bottom line.

CCM isn't going anywhere, either, since the idea was hatched around Madden 11.

# 15 mestevo @ 12/07/12 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
You can ask the people who participate in the subforum for it why they play the 'tacked on, half assed card game' - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...te-team-forum/

CCM won't be going anywhere, I expect it's been built with the future in mind, we'll see it next gen and beyond. Things will be tweaked and added, but they finally got the foundation rebuilt.

# 16 bmj2k7 @ 12/07/12 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
You can ask the people who participate in the subforum for it why they play the 'tacked on, half assed card game' - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...te-team-forum/

CCM won't be going anywhere, I expect it's been built with the future in mind, we'll see it next gen and beyond. Things will be tweaked and added, but they finally got the foundation rebuilt.
I sure hope not, every Madden afer 08 has a better franchise or career mode than M13 CCM. Thankfully EA ditches there big feature for the year more than any game i know. The way EA does it, Main feature, next year add fixes to it, year after tweak a few things but nothing new, by year 4 its gone, if it even makes it to year 3 bc some don't.

# 17 huskerwr38 @ 12/07/12 12:54 AM
Quote:
Yea, it's funny that they claim connected careers is one mode but yet they all have separate issues, separate bugs, receive separate roster updates, play differently, etc.

# 18 splff3000 @ 12/07/12 02:07 AM
I really don't get you offline CCMers. Almost everyone here knows that you can do a single user CC online and get all of the server side updates that the multiple user online CC's get. Yet a lot of you still chose to do yours offline. Now you wanna complain because offline isn't getting the same thing as the online users are getting. Why complain? You made your choice. You could have done a single user online CC, but you decided to do an offline one for who knows what reason. The only ones I feel sorry for are the offliners that didn't have choice of doing an online CC because of a lack of internet. I feel sorry for those guys in instances like this. All you other guys that just didn't wanna have to play on EA's servers, you got what you asked for. Now you can sit back offline and hope that EA comes out with some kind or patch for this or you can quit complaining and get online like the rest of us. I promise you its not as bad as you think it is lol.

On topic, this news makes me quite happy. I am currently -1399.99 in the hole as far as my cap is concerned and I have a lot of young guys I need to resign. I already missed out on some key players because of this. Hopefully my CC will have some kinda plan for people like me that already lost some guys because of this. Anyway, this is good news. I just hope EA didn't break nothing else by fixing this lol.

# 19 DeuceDouglas @ 12/07/12 02:37 AM
This is good news. I never encountered the cap problem in my ten seasons I've played so I guess I was lucky. I had been under the impression it was strictly an online issue. Good stuff none the less. This seems like a good sign that there will be at least one more patch on the way as well.

TU2 - September 11th
TU3 - October 15th
TU4 - November 29th
TU5 - ????

Hopefully it doesn't take until late December or January for it to get here but that's probably what we're looking at.

# 20 kongemeier @ 12/07/12 07:18 AM
Nice job, EA!!

One could hope they also fixed the auto-subs in the progress

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.