Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Bryce Harper has been announced as the first candidate for the MLB 13 The Show cover, which will be voted on by fans.

In this Kotaku article, Bryce talks about the possibility of being the MLB 13 The Show cover athlete. Ramone Russell and Owen Good give us a few more details about the game, including a few nuggets about Beginner Mode, fielding, hit timing and a complex formula in the game's franchise mode.

Quote:
Russell said hitting timing will be adjusted slightly in MLB 13 The Show to give batters a more satisfying payoff on solid contact. "You're going to see more offense like you do in real life," he said, addressing criticisms that The Show's rigorous contact physics last year made the game a station-to-station game of base hits for most novices. "If you square up on a fastball, it's going to be hit harder than it was before," Russell added. "People are going to be very surprised."

Other upgrades Russell described involved a complex formula in the game's franchise mode, whereby team payroll—i.e., management's willingness to spend—will expand or contract relative to the team's success, and not just because a team made the playoffs or won a World Series. Teams like the Padres will never spend like teams like the Yankees, and vice versa. But especially in Road to the Show, if you end up in a small market or a perennial loser, and take them to a breakout season, you have a reasonable hope of seeing management spend for a supporting cast to get your club further into October, without stranding you there until you become an unrestricted free agent.

Source - No Longer a Rookie, Bryce Harper Wants to Welcome You to The Show (Kotaku)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RandyBass @ 12/12/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
MLB 16 The Show on PS4
Ha, that's what I was thinking. Don't know if the PS3 could handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
...The ball physics and hit types are being affected by our Tru Ball Physics Engine 2.0. (Did I just drop an Easter egg)
Cool, physics were a touch off in some places: opposite field HRs, pulled shots down the line, high chop fouls behind home plate.

# 22 seanjeezy @ 12/12/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Yes but those won't be caused by the timing window being increased. The ball physics and hit types are being affected by our Tru Ball Physics Engine 2.0. (Did I just drop an Easter egg)

Hey Russ, any chance you could reveal the top speed for a batted ball?

# 23 tnixen @ 12/12/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Yes but those won't be caused by the timing window being increased. The ball physics and hit types are being affected by our Tru Ball Physics Engine 2.0. (Did I just drop an Easter egg)

I hope this new "Tru Ball Physics Engine 2.0" also means no more of those really high foul ball bounces off the ground near home plate. Those look more like pop ups then foul balls off the ground. Hopfully they will be cut down or removed as I don't think they are very realistic looking.

# 24 HustlinOwl @ 12/12/12 04:59 PM
Quote:
There are no budgets for online?
guess I will wait for more information for online and pray its more than just season mode

# 25 Russell_SCEA @ 12/12/12 05:08 PM
Quote:
I hope this new "Tru Ball Physics Engine 2.0" also means no more of those really high foul ball bounces off the ground near home plate. Those look more like pop ups then foul balls off the ground. Hopfully they will be cut down or removed as I don't think they are very realistic looking.
Yes sr. you will see a lot less ground rule doubles. McArthur re-wrote the ball physics in that area completely.

# 26 sink4ever @ 12/12/12 05:10 PM
Wow, a couple sweet franchise tidbits, improved ball physics . . . I'm giddy!

# 27 tnixen @ 12/12/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Yes sr. you will see a lot less ground rule doubles. McArthur re-wrote the ball physics in that area completely.
Wonderful!

Russell thanks so much for sharing this info with us.

# 28 24 @ 12/12/12 05:29 PM
I love you Russell.

# 29 zippy2212 @ 12/12/12 05:32 PM
Quote:
Wonderful!

Russell thanks so much for sharing this info with us.
This is awful! I'm sitting here playing 12 thinking the more I read about 13 the less fun 12 is. I'll deal though so keep the information coming!

Also I second the thank you to Russell. I love the fact that the devs come on here and drop hints and flat out give us extra info about the next years game.

# 30 econoodle @ 12/12/12 06:10 PM
The franchise news is getting me pumped.
Also, when Russell comes back around the forums in December it's like appearances from Santa Claus and what not.
Seeing pop ins from nem , knight and all, the band is back together!

Also, the news of physics engine 2.0 makes me wonder if we will also see TruBroadcast Presentation 2.0.

# 31 Bard @ 12/12/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
But probably the most striking presentational changes will be seen in Road to the Show. Russell said the mode is going to be more oriented to a first-person experience this year, removing booth commentary when your player is on the field, augmenting ambient noise, and discarding immersion-breaking camera angles.

"We're trying to refocus things back to on you and your player," Russell said, "hearing the onfield chatter, the base coaches telling you to get back, the crowd boing you or chanting your name, being a first-person baseball experience."
i usually don't play RTTS, but i think i will give it more of a shot this year.

# 32 Bobhead @ 12/12/12 06:27 PM
I'm first in line at Best Buy already.

# 33 Blzer @ 12/12/12 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I'm first in line at Best Buy already.

Don't mind this; I just found this in Google Images.

# 34 tabarnes19_SDS @ 12/12/12 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Also, when Russell comes back around the forums in December it's like appearances from Santa Claus and what not.

Also, the news of physics engine 2.0 makes me wonder if we will also see TruBroadcast Presentation 2.0.
It's like Christmas early!

# 35 queman11 @ 12/12/12 06:46 PM
Russell, in Franchise, are the promos expanded and will they be integrated in to the actual gameplay? FOr example if it's bobblehead night, I would like to select, say Mike Trout and have it show on the Jumbotron

# 36 RandyBass @ 12/12/12 07:47 PM
Quote:
You guys are a band? No wait, yeah I heard you... The Dickweeds... You guys are awful, lol.

# 37 bp4baseball @ 12/12/12 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
You guys are a band? No wait, yeah I heard you... The Dickweeds... You guys are awful, lol.

Maybe I just don't get it?

# 38 Falcon999 @ 12/12/12 08:31 PM
Quote:
ok !! now!! how can I play MLB12 anymore ???????

Spoiler

# 39 tnixen @ 12/12/12 08:53 PM
Quote:

I am pretty sure we are getting TruBroadcast Presentation 2.0 also because Sony did say last year the new TruBroadcast Presentation will be improved every year going forward.

But how much better 2.0 will be over 1.0 is any ones guess. But If Sony adds most of the feedback I gave in the wishlist then TruBroadcast Presentation 2.0 is going to kick butt!

# 40 bp4baseball @ 12/12/12 08:55 PM
Quote:
I am pretty sure we are getting TruBroadcast Presentation 2.0 also because Sony did say last year the new TruBroadcast Presentation willbe improved every year going forward.

But how much better 2.0 will be over 1.0 is any ones guess.
2x right?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.