Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

IGN has released a few tidbits of information on MLB 13 The Show Franchise and Road to the Show modes.

Player development, personnel budget and a new scouting system will be prominent features in Franchise mode. Road to the Show is said to be completely different and will focus solely on your player.

What are you hoping to see in Franchise and Road to the Show modes?

Source - Why You Might Not Suck at MLB 13: The Show (IGN)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sydrogerdavid @ 12/19/12 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Just thinking out loud here, doesn't necessarily have to do with official announcements or anything, but do you guys think it would work to have the RTTS Outfielders look into the sky for fly balls and have to track them down yourself? I only ask because sometimes it seems boring just running to the spot that the game tells you the ball will land...i feel like more of a robot than an actual outfielder having to judge balls, etc

This would allow them a reason to develop that sunglasses feature that was suggested earlier in the year. If your player wears sunglasses, he'll be able to track the ball better during day games. If your player wears the flip down shades, you'll be able to click a button and you'll get the boost as well as reduced glare.

# 22 Retropyro @ 12/19/12 06:49 PM
While I know it's rare, I WOULD LOVE to be able to play any position in RTTS as a Lefty!!!

# 23 lavy23 @ 12/19/12 09:45 PM
It's "I wish my friends were on PS3 so I could be on that instead of XBOX" time of year again. I've been to U.S. Cellular Field 5 times and it looks almost exactly like that photo, right down to the scoreboard font of "Welcome to US Cellular Field"

# 24 UMhester04 @ 12/20/12 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
This would allow them a reason to develop that sunglasses feature that was suggested earlier in the year. If your player wears sunglasses, he'll be able to track the ball better during day games. If your player wears the flip down shades, you'll be able to click a button and you'll get the boost as well as reduced glare.

Wow this is a great idea as well. Let's hope these both catch on cause this alone can be a game changer (at least for me).

# 25 Bobhead @ 12/20/12 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's gone and it's been replaced by a full #$$##$#$%^%$%$ and you can also scroll and see %R#$#$#$%^$%^^##$%#$%
YES!! Just what I was hoping for!

# 26 MetsFan16 @ 12/20/12 07:50 PM
The one thing I'm hoping for in RTTS is an improvement of the Catching position in RTTS. I cannot spend 1 and 1/2 hours calling every pitch or every game, especially in the minor leagues. I wish They made it possible to just play the pitch the catcher is involved in. Including Potential Base Stealers, Bunts, Pop-Ups and maybe plays at the plate. But also leave us the option to call every pitch so that if it's a rainy Saturday, I can still do that.

# 27 WahooFan @ 12/20/12 08:20 PM
Show Live and the revamps of Franchise and RTTS sound great, but I'm rather interested in the new score bug art in that screen shot, as well as the "+191" in the opposite corner... I didn't play Diamond Dynasty or online last year, so I don't know if that has anything to do with that...?

# 28 econoodle @ 12/20/12 08:41 PM
Quote:
It's gone and it's been replaced by a full #$$##$#$%^%$%$ and you can also scroll and see %R#$#$#$%^$%^^##$%#$%
Hip hop hooray!

You gotta get a new keyboard though.

# 29 metal134 @ 12/20/12 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
all this suspense is killing me

Spoiler
Oh my God, what in the hell is he eating there?

# 30 metal134 @ 12/20/12 09:29 PM
Quote:
What? How could you guys! I demand %^$$^%%^$#%$@#$@@!

# 31 woz411 @ 12/20/12 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Oh my God, what in the hell is he eating there?
his arms/hands, since they grow back..

# 32 barsoffury @ 12/21/12 08:47 AM
Excited to hear more in depth about the franchise improvements. The items mentioned were things I was hoping for that would be fix/adjusted/revamped, so that's great news.

# 33 jdmsi7 @ 12/21/12 01:43 PM
Show live sounds like a possible Nba 2k nba today type mode. I hope so!

# 34 metal134 @ 12/21/12 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
his arms/hands, since they grow back..
That's fairly disturbing...

# 35 woz411 @ 12/21/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
That's fairly disturbing...
Most kids shows are (thats spongbob FYI)

# 36 metal134 @ 12/21/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
Most kids shows are (thats spongbob FYI)
Yeah, I knew it was Spongebob, I just don't know much about it.

And you're right about kids shows. Heck, I've even went back and watched some of the seemingly innocuous stuff I watched as a kid and was amazed at how messed up they are.

# 37 Damer7 @ 01/21/13 05:17 PM
Any word on if its possible to carry over RTTS players from previous games? The first one I played was 07 and I currently have 12. It would give me much more incentive to buy the newer games as they come out if I could otherwise why spend all that time developing a guy just to have to start over?

# 38 PhantomPain @ 01/23/13 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damer7
Any word on if its possible to carry over RTTS players from previous games? The first one I played was 07 and I currently have 12. It would give me much more incentive to buy the newer games as they come out if I could otherwise why spend all that time developing a guy just to have to start over?
I read in one of the threads, don't remember which one, but it was said this is something that they have tried very hard to do but just isn't possible at this time.

Maybe it will be different once the ps4 hits.

# 39 Bobhead @ 01/23/13 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Just thinking out loud here, doesn't necessarily have to do with official announcements or anything, but do you guys think it would work to have the RTTS Outfielders look into the sky for fly balls and have to track them down yourself? I only ask because sometimes it seems boring just running to the spot that the game tells you the ball will land...i feel like more of a robot than an actual outfielder having to judge balls, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
That actually sounds like a pretty good idea!

Sent from my LTEvo using Tapatalk 2
In retrospect, this post from thaSLAB makes so much more sense now.

# 40 thaSLAB @ 01/23/13 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
In retrospect, this post from thaSLAB makes so much more sense now.
;-)

LOL

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.