Home
PerfectGolf News Post

Funding opened last week for the PC/Macintosh Kickstarter project, PerfectGolf. With the game already 12 months into development, the PerfectGolf team is requesting an additional $300,000 in fan funding to secure licences for multiple real-world courses, add an online multiplayer clubhouse system and an in-depth course editor that will allow users to create and share their own dream courses over the Internet.

PerfectGolf has been built with the increasingly popular Unity3D game engine, which has been featured in recent PC games like Endless Space, Battlestar Galactica Online and MechWarrior Tactics. While gameplay footage hasn't debuted yet, a few early teasers are uploaded onto Perfect Parallel's YouTube channel.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Located in Vero Beach, Florida, developer Perfect Parallel is a small team of artists and programmers who have worked on popular franchises like Links, Forza Horizon and Crysis.

Fundraising for PerfectGolf closes February 4, 2013, with a $15 pledge earning a digital download of the finished game, and higher reward tiers offering Kickstarter-exclusive clothes, equipment and courses.

Game: PerfectGolfHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 JibJab 24 @ 12/31/12 12:04 PM
Just pledged my portion. This game appears to have the potential to be an amazing golf game!

# 2 Cod @ 12/31/12 02:54 PM
As must as I want to donate, this project seems doomed. I like the idea and the graphics are great, but they need to raise $290,000 in a little more than a month. Not sure its going to happen this time around...

# 3 nvinceable1 @ 12/31/12 03:15 PM
Wow this looks promising! There hasn't been a golf game that I've been truly obsessed with since Links, so hopefully this can step in to fill the void. I'm happy to donate to this project.

@Cod It does seems unlikely that they're going to reach their goal on this kickstarter, but it sounds like they're far enough along that we'll be seeing the game in some form next year. I think this kickstarter is mainly to flesh out the multiplayer options as well as secure some course licenses.

# 4 Malcolmpordes @ 12/31/12 03:41 PM
I just contributed after seeing the video. Can't wait for a great PC golf game!

# 5 MERACE @ 12/31/12 04:10 PM
I'm on a very limited budget but I pledged $25.

I believe this may be the only PC golf game on the horizon that will include a golf course designer and hopefully, include most of the gameplay features many of us have been seeking.

-MERACE

# 6 jyoung @ 12/31/12 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
As must as I want to donate, this project seems doomed. I like the idea and the graphics are great, but they need to raise $290,000 in a little more than a month. Not sure its going to happen this time around...
The good news about contributing to a Kickstarter is that they don't actually charge you unless the product is successfully funded.

So you can pledge now, but if the project doesn't meet its goal you won't be charged a dime.

# 7 fsufan4423 @ 12/31/12 10:15 PM
I'm wondering what kind of setup you will need to push this gorgouse game? I'm gonna donate and hope this project takes off.

# 8 SkillzKillz719 @ 01/01/13 01:28 AM
I feel like they are asking for a little too much.... And at the moment I would rather save that money for GTA V, NCAA 14, etc.

# 9 nvinceable1 @ 01/01/13 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz719
I feel like they are asking for a little too much.... And at the moment I would rather save that money for GTA V, NCAA 14, etc.
So $60 for any of those games is cool, but $15 for this game is too much? If you're a fan of golfing games, which I assume you are since you posted on an article about a golfing game, then that's some odd logic you have there...

# 10 BLB34 @ 01/01/13 08:34 AM
Looks very promising, I made a pledge. Not a bad deal considering some of the rewards you get for pledging -- assuming the game comes to fruition. Unless they get some big donors to step up it's going to be difficult to raise the funds needed though. Best of luck to them.

# 11 scottyo60 @ 01/01/13 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I can't speak for him, but $60 on a game guaranteed to be released as opposed to any amount of money spent on a game that "may or may not" happen is a difference.
One guy stated above if it doesn't get kick started you don't have to pay

# 12 SkillzKillz719 @ 01/01/13 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvinceable1
So $60 for any of those games is cool, but $15 for this game is too much? If you're a fan of golfing games, which I assume you are since you posted on an article about a golfing game, then that's some odd logic you have there...
I guess I had two incomplete thoughts. In general, I think their expectations are too lofty, and they probably won't achieve it. But, that being said, $15 is not a lot of money. They aren't asking too much money straight from that, but I would just rather put it to a game that I know a lot more about I guess. But I love the whole idea of kickstarters and didn't mean to sound like "Oh they won't ever get it. Why try? I'll be fine with my GTA V."

Guess it's just a personal preference and not exactly sure what the game will be about... and what will it do that Tiger Woods 08 for the PC can't do? You know?

# 13 OnlookerDelay @ 01/02/13 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB34
Looks very promising, I made a pledge. Not a bad deal considering some of the rewards you get for pledging -- assuming the game comes to fruition. Unless they get some big donors to step up it's going to be difficult to raise the funds needed though. Best of luck to them.
I pledged back on December 24th, but I'm with you... I don't see this even sniffing the goal. A quarter of the way into the campaign and they're at $12,271, with a $300,000 goal. They're going to need some much more aggressive marketing for this to have a chance.

# 14 DivotMaker @ 01/02/13 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I pledged back on December 24th, but I'm with you... I don't see this even sniffing the goal. A quarter of the way into the campaign and they're at $12,271, with a $300,000 goal. They're going to need some much more aggressive marketing for this to have a chance.
This Kickstarter campaign might be telling us something about the supposed PC Golf market that I keep hearing everyone talk about.....not looking good if it is taking this long to get to $300K which is a pittance in Development funding for a top notch game of any substance. I hope they reach their goal....

# 15 poster @ 01/02/13 10:03 AM
I contributed, and am hoping it makes it, but it doesn't look good.

# 16 OnlookerDelay @ 01/02/13 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
This Kickstarter campaign might be telling us something about the supposed PC Golf market that I keep hearing everyone talk about.....not looking good if it is taking this long to get to $300K which is a pittance in Development funding for a top notch game of any substance. I hope they reach their goal....
I suspect that you are right Tim. I think part of the problem facing Perfect Parallel is there have been so many browser based golf games that have been released for the PC that the user base has conditioned to thinking they're getting golf games "free". There may not be a large enough market to foot the bill for a project of this magnitude. As low as my hopes were for this game to get a push, I have to admit that I'm shocked at the low level of support this Kickstarter campaign has received.

# 17 Danimal @ 01/02/13 07:14 PM
I'm not saying it will make it's goal but people only hear about the KS projects that bust their goals right out of the window like Wasteland, Double Fine, Project Eternity.

As someone who has backed many projects that looked like they had no chance with only 5 days left to see them make it I wouldn't rule this out yet.

In general launching a KS over the holidays is a bad idea though. They also need to get mentioned by some of the major gaming sites that cover more than sports.

Also just to clear something up from above. You don't get charged until it makes its goal but you are in no way guaranteed of getting a product for it. It says so in the KS terms so its worth noting.

I have backed a dozen KS projects and not once have I gotten nothing, but it will happen eventually.

# 18 yesrushdt @ 01/06/13 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
They also need to get mentioned by some of the major gaming sites that cover more than sports.
Gamespot now has a page up with information about Perfect Golf.

Does sound promising. A game with TW08 PC style gameplay, updated graphics, online play and a course architect would be a dream come true. I really hope they are able to get enough funding to finish/release the game. I'll certainly be backing it.

# 19 MHammer113 @ 01/07/13 12:35 AM
These guys making the game are awesome. Already pledged and I was the one who created the last thread about Perfect Golf. Just keep spreading the word. It would be great to get them featured on an IGN or something

# 20 JODYE @ 01/07/13 11:03 AM
Graphics look incredible, but what about animations, gameplay?

Have their been any videos showcasing those? Or just this tech demo?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.