Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the first MLB 13 The Show trailer. According to Ramone, there are about 10 easter eggs. How many can you find?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/03/13 08:17 PM
Love this time of year, the excitement is now in full force.****ss can you please just ease my mind to let some of us Vita gamers that the Vita version got more love this year and all console features if not all are in the vita this tear..reason is I played the vita much more then the ps3 version..As the first attempt was stellar

# 142 Rob_NYY @ 01/03/13 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
In season modes (Franchise and RTTS) when a player is traded or joins a new team in the off season if they have a real photo it will be replaced with the cap screen shot.
You have no idea how happy this makes me! Players on my team wearing another team's uniform and cap in their pic was always a pet peeve of mine. Especially since MLB 09 when their picture would be right in my face every time I hit due to the humungous screen above center field in Yankee Stadium!

# 143 Russell_SCEA @ 01/03/13 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
You have no idea how happy this makes me! Players on my team wearing another team's uniform and cap in their pic was always a pet peeve of mine. Especially since MLB 09 when their picture would be right in my face every time I hit due to the humungous screen above center field in Yankee Stadium!
Glad you guys like it had to give my arm and leg to make this happen.

# 144 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 08:25 PM
Quote:
We ought to pitch in for some prosthetic limbs. Give me a few days while I go find a tree and fashion you a peg leg.

# 145 JLL84 @ 01/03/13 08:27 PM
Good stuff guys, you guys catch everything! I literally watched the trailer and thought to myself, cool but not much to see, until I come here and see detail after detail.

While very cool to see the much needed updates to some of the stadiums in the trailer. I couldn't help but noticed that GABP’s backstop once again goes untouched. I know this isn’t the final build, but 3 years of no update has been long enough. Please add the REDS logo or wishbone C to the grass in the backstop. Also, there should be 2 billboards instead of one with Reds.com running above them.

Honestly I can live without the billboard and Reds.com, but I don’t think I can handle another year of pitching and looking at a backstop without the REDS or wishbone C logo. It just kills it for me. Seems every park has their logo except GABP.

PLEASE, PLEASE fix this. To all the community guys this Reds fan would really appreciate if that detail was addressed during your event.

# 146 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/03/13 08:30 PM
Quote:
Frickin awesome man !!!!

First you brought us pulse pitching which was genius and now this

So is this feature part of The Show "Live" ?

# 147 Bobhead @ 01/03/13 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
We ought to pitch in for some prosthetic limbs. Give me a few days while I go find a tree and fashion you a peg leg.
Maybe I can get some local Marlins fans to pitch in... oh wait...

Nah but really you can throw me on the list of people happy with this change. It always irked me seeing the wrong team in the photo if the player was traded within my Franchise mode... because it instantly reminds you they aren't supposed to be there.

# 148 Russell_SCEA @ 01/03/13 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Frickin awesome man !!!!

First you brought us pulse pitching which was genius and now this

So is this feature part of The Show "Live" ?
No Sr. the Show Live $%#@$%@ #$%@#$%#$ #$%$#%$#

# 149 seanwilson160 @ 01/03/13 08:40 PM
Quote:
Nope, its $$#%$&&&&*&& #$%#$$% #$^#$%^$^%%
Guess: The string of expletives means it is much better than MLB Today. This screen shows an actual MLB game in progress, just like you would see on ESPN.com or MLB.com. You can enter the game at any time--so if the Dodgers and Giants are tied in the seventh inning in real life, you can jump into this game in the Show with the same lineups, available players, etc.

Would be a technical wonder seeing how much trouble developers have just getting accurate roster updates out on a regular basis, but it would be great. Maybe you can even access previous days' games and jump in at any point to try to get a different outcome.

Russell?

# 150 BoSox1995 @ 01/03/13 08:41 PM
So is there any chance we could be able to see previous Minor League stats for players. For example, for the 2013 season if a player gets called up, you could press Y on the player and see

2013 MLB 30AB 20H 4HR 20RBI .333AVG
2013 AAA 400AB 150H 30HR 98RBI .325AVG

Thanks

# 151 agentlaw13 @ 01/03/13 08:44 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned but at the screen with Hunter Pence and his cyberface, his ratings are show with the usual bar system BUT also with numbers. Is this the year we get numbers on player ratings??

# 152 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/03/13 08:46 PM
Quote:
No Sr. the Show Live $%#@$%@ #$%@#$%#$ #$%$#%$#
Dang it......... Anyone have there Little Orphan Annie decoder ring??

# 153 ey215 @ 01/03/13 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwilson160
Guess: The string of expletives means it is much better than MLB Today. This screen shows an actual MLB game in progress, just like you would see on ESPN.com or MLB.com. You can enter the game at any time--so if the Dodgers and Giants are tied in the seventh inning in real life, you can jump into this game in the Show with the same lineups, available players, etc.

Would be a technical wonder seeing how much trouble developers have just getting accurate roster updates out on a regular basis, but it would be great. Maybe you can even access previous days' games and jump in at any point to try to get a different outcome.

Russell?
This is almost exactly what I thought when I saw the screen. If they could pull something like this off using the feed that websites do for live tracking it would be unbelievable.

# 154 agentlaw13 @ 01/03/13 08:56 PM
Also digging the updated HR celebration at the plate with Bautista and The high fives for Cutch in the dugout. It looks more like what you would see in an actual broadcast with the cam at the very end of the dugout looking in as he gets dap from his teammates. Very cool touch and update on these celebrations. "The Little Things", baby!

# 155 Kalkano @ 01/03/13 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Not sure if it has been mentioned but at the screen with Hunter Pence and his cyberface, his ratings are show with the usual bar system BUT also with numbers. Is this the year we get numbers on player ratings??
This would be a very small change, with a very BIG impact. I've wanted that for years. It would greatly speed up my roster decisions, and would keep my TV screen a little more fingerprint free (from measuring the bars ).

# 156 chaz526 @ 01/03/13 09:12 PM
How's this for a far-fetched guess into the "Live" feature:

A live game is "streamed" to The Show and played out in front of you, only in the game.

Think of the Gameday feature on MLB.com, but with The Show playing it out as it happens.

Sure would beat paying $120 for MLB.tv!

# 157 Knight165 @ 01/03/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
Temporary while his bionic is being manufactured, I'm sure!

M.K.
Knight165

# 158 agentlaw13 @ 01/03/13 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
This would be a very small change, with a very BIG impact. I've wanted that for years. It would greatly speed up my roster decisions, and would keep my TV screen a little more fingerprint free (from measuring the bars ).
Yeah, I know this will be a welcome addition for most everyone here. I for one will definitely be glad to see it as well. But Im sure this forum will blow up after the release with some guys griping about certain players being rated wrong and Player "A" should have a higher speed rating than Player "B", etc. Everyone will have their opinions and I'm sure we will see lots of em on here. LOL

# 159 dlk90514 @ 01/03/13 09:16 PM
Quote:
Here we see Cutch picking grass and doing a wind direction test. Why? Is it because of a pre game player analysis? 3D grass? Probably neither, but it's cool to look at.
I think he is blocking out the sun... possibly?

# 160 Blzer @ 01/03/13 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz526
How's this for a far-fetched guess into the "Live" feature:

A live game is "streamed" to The Show and played out in front of you, only in the game.

Think of the Gameday feature on MLB.com, but with The Show playing it out as it happens.

Sure would beat paying $120 for MLB.tv!
I considered something like that (or "play a past game and jump in whenever"), but I dismissed the screenshot when I saw Melky on the Giants.

It could still be the case with non-updated roster though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.