Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the first MLB 13 The Show trailer. According to Ramone, there are about 10 easter eggs. How many can you find?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Knight165 @ 01/03/13 09:16 PM
I want to vomit every time I see a 1-99 number associated with a sports game.
Especially baseball.

M.K.
Knight165

# 162 Blzer @ 01/03/13 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Especially baseball.

M.K.
Knight165
Begin by helping support the movement for reducing the importance of overall player ratings.

# 163 Knight165 @ 01/03/13 09:18 PM

Whoops...just saw one.

M.K.
Knight165

# 164 garyjr33 @ 01/03/13 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I really hope this screenshot means we will get to see the Home team run out on the field at the start of every game and not just at random times. Also hope we hear the PA Announcer saying something like "Here are your 2013 Los Angeles Dodgers" with the crowd going wild

Also would be cool if following the home team taking the field we then get to listen to in full the national anthem

This is how its done in real life at the start of every game for the home team
I think it is associated with the new "playoff mode/playoff atmosphere" they seem to be adding in. I really that the atmosphere is amped up in franchise mode in the playoffs.

# 165 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/03/13 09:23 PM
I agree with Knight. Numerical ratings are aweful unless they were "subjective" and based off a scouts interpretation. The better the scout, the closer the accuracy with it never being 100%.

# 166 SDPadres2012 @ 01/03/13 09:27 PM
I noticed Pence has a computer generated head but yet Sherzer (sorry if I misspell his name) has a regular picture. Does this mean anything or does it just mean that Pence doesn't have a Giants photo in the game. I'm used to seeing some lower caliber players with the comp. generated, but can't remember a name as big as Hunter Pence not having a photo. Just a question.

# 167 Knight165 @ 01/03/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I agree with Knight. Numerical ratings are aweful unless they were "subjective" and based off a scouts interpretation. The better the scout, the closer the accuracy with it never being 100%.
Could you give me 3 seconds while I shuffle some columns and find an 87 speed runner to replace my 85 speed runner?
Found him...
Thanks!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
snore
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Oh....is it my turn again in the draft?
Hold on.....oh here he is...the 88 OVR player that's left on the list

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:ban dito:

M.K.
Knight165

# 168 bcruise @ 01/03/13 09:31 PM
I only have one concern about making ratings more subjective, doing away with numbers, etc. - The AI would have to play by the same rules - it can't just "know" that Player A is better than Player B within the context of the game. I know that kind of fuzzy logic isn't easy to program because it hasn't really been done yet outside of maybe OOTP (I know ratings are based on scout opinions there and I THINK that's what the AI sees too). But I've never seen anything like that for an actual on-the-field baseball game.

# 169 SDPadres2012 @ 01/03/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I really hope this screenshot means we will get to see the Home team run out on the field at the start of every game and not just at random times. Also hope we hear the PA Announcer saying something like "Here are your 2013 Los Angeles Dodgers" with the crowd going wild

Also would be cool if following the home team taking the field we then get to listen to in full the national anthem

This is how its done in real life at the start of every game for the home team
It would be really cool if they the announcers talk about the game a little, and then say "and the Dodgers have taken the field" and then show the starting pitcher throwing some warm-up pitches with his stats and go more in-depth about the starter, like what he needs to do, what his struggles are, etc. I know they did this last year, but I'm talking more in depth since they will have some extra time with all the warm-up pitches.

# 170 agentlaw13 @ 01/03/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Especially baseball.

M.K.
Knight165

Haha...I can definitely see where you are coming from on this Knight. It obviously opens up a can of worms on critiquing the ratings and how the developers rate the players (as well as how it will affect the creators, like you and the rest of gang here, doing the ratings of custom rosters...you guys might have your work cut out for you this year! lol) I really dont get caught up in the ratings but to me it I just think it helps mainly when comparing players instead of trying to distinguish the ratings with the bar system. It obviously is kind of a blessing and a curse at the same time and can never be perfect.

It would be a great option if SCEA goes the route of NBA 2K where you can toggle ratings between numbers and the bars for whatever preference you may have.

# 171 Knight165 @ 01/03/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I only have one concern about making ratings more subjective, doing away with numbers, etc. - The AI would have to play by the same rules - it can't just "know" that Player A is better than Player B within the context of the game. I know that kind of fuzzy logic isn't easy to program because it hasn't really been done yet outside of maybe OOTP (I know ratings are based on scout opinions there and I THINK that's what the AI sees too). But I've never seen anything like that for an actual on-the-field baseball game.
Don't worry....the instant grat gen is winning this battle.
Your fears can be allayed.

M.K.
Knight165

# 172 Knight165 @ 01/03/13 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Haha...I can definitely see where you are coming from on this Knight. It obviously opens up a can of worms on critiquing the ratings and how the developers rate the players (as well as how it will affect the creators, like you and the rest of gang here, doing the ratings of custom rosters...you guys might have your work cut out for you this year! lol) I really dont get caught up in the ratings but to me it I just think it helps mainly when comparing players instead of trying to distinguish the ratings with the bar system. It obviously is kind of a blessing and a curse at the same time and can never be perfect.

It would be a great option if SCEA goes the route of NBA 2K where you can toggle ratings between numbers and the bars for whatever preference you may have.
I actually couldn't care less about it from that aspect.
You can always see them in the editor(which I feel would of course have to remain numbered and always should have(I remember counting clicks though!)
It's all from a playing/realism standpoint.
It's just unrealistic.

M.K.
Knight165

# 173 SDPadres2012 @ 01/03/13 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Easter egg

In season modes (Franchise and RTTS) when a player is traded or joins a new team in the off season if they have a real photo it will be replaced with the cap screen shot.

So basically if you do a fantasy draft franchise every player on your team will be wearing the correct hats and jersey's.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. This is a perfect! My night has been made!

# 174 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/03/13 09:41 PM
I would like to see a toggle option if they do decide to go the way of numerical ratings. Keeps both groups happy.

# 175 garyjr33 @ 01/03/13 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What is this image? Is this a sim engine or manage only mode something? Not sure if this is new or not.

It looks like this implies that there are bar ratings and number ratings in the game (scherzer: energy, confidence, and stamina), and (pence: CON R PWR R SPD).

# 176 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denonfreak
Can't wait for the final product!...ohhh not to be a pain but the rings around the bats are still in...oh well maybe next year..
Options, options, options.

I give you cases A, B, and especially C.

# 177 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
I think he is blocking out the sun... possibly?
Naw. Watch the very second clip of the trailer. Also notice the grass floating in the air.

# 178 seanwilson160 @ 01/03/13 10:28 PM
Give us the option to toggle ratings between number, bar or both. There, everyone is happy...except the developer who has to do the extra few hours of coding so that all displays will look good with all three options.

# 179 econoodle @ 01/03/13 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No Sr. the Show Live $%#@$%@ #$%@#$%#$ #$%$#%$#

Wow, really?!!
Holy #$&#!!!!
This is great #$%&#@in' news!!!!!

# 180 Russell_SCEA @ 01/03/13 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I would like to see a toggle option if they do decide to go the way of numerical ratings. Keeps both groups happy.
We are done with this subject you now have the best of both worlds attribute bars and numbers.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.