Home
Tiger 14 News Post

TAKE DOWN GOLF’S GREATEST LEGENDS IN TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14

Check out more Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshots, right here. Just in case you missed the trailer yesterday, check it out here.

Rewrite Majors History by Defeating Golf Icons Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Bobby Jones and a Host of Others on the World’s Most Famous Golf Courses

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that fans will be able to battle nine of the greatest golf legends of all time in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 14. The all-new game mode, Legends of the Majors, gives players a chance to travel back through time and relive the rich history of golf by matching up against the sport’s greatest legends, including Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Sam Snead, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods. Players can work their way through these legends in various eras and take each of them down to earn their own seat at the table of golf legends.

Hoisting the Claret Jug, breaking Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major victories and slipping on the coveted Green Jacket are now all within a player’s reach. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 users, for the first time in franchise history, have a chance to go for the Grand Slam by playing historical events in all four majors, the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship. The game goes on sale in North America on March 26 and worldwide on March 28, for both the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support for the Kinect™ for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Move.

“This year’s edition of the game delivers a collection of innovative golf features that provide players an unprecedented chance to rewrite the record books,” said Mike Taramykin, Vice President of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR. “Players can earn legendary status by conquering the greatest legends of all time or challenge their friends on some of the world’s most renowned courses. Without question, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is the best edition the franchise has produced in years.”

Features in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 include:
  • More Championship Courses – Featuring Augusta National Golf Club, the Old Course at St Andrews, Pinehurst No. 2 Restored and THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. This year’s game features the most courses ever offered on disc - a total of 20 courses.
  • Huge Player Roster – A robust roster of more than 35 playable golfers, representing both the PGA TOUR and LPGA, are featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. Compete against legends of the game and present-day stars including Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley, Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson and Paula Creamer.
  • Look the Part – Step to the tee box on the game’s historic courses, experience unique era-specific gameplay visual treatments, wear classic attire and use equipment from golf’s rich history as you travel through time rewriting the record books with your own legacy.
  • Make Way for the Ladies – Another new feature to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise is the introduction of the LPGA. Female created golfers can now compete on the LPGA and attempt to become a major champion by winning the Kraft Nabisco Championship. There are five playable LPGA golfers including 2012 Rolex Player of the Year Stacy Lewis.
  • Golf Anytime in Any Condition – For the first time in franchise history, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 features night golf. Tee it up after the sun goes down and watch your drives streak through the night skies with an illuminated ball. In addition, new time-of-day settings allow fans to play golf in any condition at any time of day in conjunction with a live weather feed.
  • Members Only – Country Clubs are back and better than ever with the ability to invite up to 100 members, chat online, hold tournaments and track statistics to create the ultimate competitive environment.
  • Customize Your Swing – With 24 unique golfer swing styles available, you now have the ability to customize the type of golfer you want to be. Advanced shot shaping, enhanced strike meter and ball physics have all been improved to reflect a real-world golfing experience.
  • Never Play Alone – A new online experience allows you to play with up to 24 competitors at a time while an all-new dynamic stat tracking system feeds live data from the entire tournament field and makes you feel as if you’re in the mix of a real event.
More information about Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14: The Masters Historic Edition will be coming soon.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jet Sufferer @ 01/08/13 10:58 AM
Played the hell out of 13, so much so I got all the DLC courses for free, but got sick of the load times on PS3 between holes. Will get the legendary edition on day 1 for 360 this time and install it. If they tightened up the short game and fixed how easy it was to hit the fairway the game could be super.

I'll join the OS 360 club this year, that way you guys will have a chance to beat me in golf, cause in real life, well, you'll be in trouble

# 2 muleyman @ 01/08/13 11:27 AM
most of those features are repackaged from older games. promoted as new .Ahhh ea will you ever stop this crap ever?

# 3 DivotMaker @ 01/08/13 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleyman
most of those features are repackaged from older games. promoted as new .Ahhh ea will you ever stop this crap ever?

No they aren't ......

# 4 cdawg44 @ 01/08/13 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleyman
What the hell are you talking about?????

Anyway, I can't contain my giddiness for this game. LPGA tour, all four majors, custom swings, Major Challenges, Night Golf, historical equipment and presentation packages and we are still 10 weeks from release and knowing more. All I need is changes to putting and President's Cup and I'm set.

# 5 jbd345 @ 01/08/13 11:50 AM
Night golf and time of day were in '05 for the PS2 and legends were in '06. I know because I played the **** out of those games. Game looks great and Oak Hill looks spot on. Can't wait to see more.

# 6 cdawg44 @ 01/08/13 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Night golf and time of day were in '05 for the PS2 and legends were in '06. I know because I played the **** out of those games. Game looks great and Oak Hill looks spot on. Can't wait to see more.

Legends were just slapped in the game in 2005 and there was nothing you could do with them. We have to match their achievements and challenges through a separate mode that also has historically accurate presentation packages and historically accurate equipment. Night golf also has real time weather through the weather channel. I get people hate EA and for the most part they are right, but Jeez give the Tiger people their due this time.

# 7 DocHolliday @ 01/08/13 12:16 PM
FINALLY, they actually have Majors in this game.

I might actually give it a whirl this year.

# 8 GrandMaster B @ 01/08/13 12:23 PM
So I assume we can now hold more in-depth tournaments in our clubhouse where we can play with each other and not by yourself? Or no?

# 9 Hurricain @ 01/08/13 12:53 PM
Has playoffs been confirmed or denied?

# 10 jbd345 @ 01/08/13 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Legends were just slapped in the game in 2005 and there was nothing you could do with them. We have to match their achievements and challenges through a separate mode that also has historically accurate presentation packages and historically accurate equipment. Night golf also has real time weather through the weather channel. I get people hate EA and for the most part they are right, but Jeez give the Tiger people their due this time.
'06 had a bracket style gameplay in order for you to unlock them and be able to play as them in play now. Just annoys me when EA say its something it's brand new to the franchise when in fact it's not. If they had said "this generation" I would have no problem with it, and you obviously read over my "game looks great" comment. I never said I hated EA either.

# 11 threattonature @ 01/08/13 01:24 PM
I still wish they included some sort of online season mode that you can play against your clubhouse. Or even have it so that you can bring a created player online to play with friends as you build your guy up throughout a season.

# 12 Thrash13 @ 01/08/13 02:16 PM
As always, I'm ready for this game! I'm really excited they got all 4 majors in, and I'm excited to see the new gameplay additions and new courses. The screen of Oak Hill looks great, and I'm excited to see Muirfield in finally. I'm wondering if The Presidents Cup will be in, since it will be at Muirfield this fall?!? Either way, I've been wanting that course for awhile. The Legends Mode looks interesting, and night golf should be fun too.

I didn't do any of the country club stuff in Tiger 13, so I may have to venture into that this year.

# 13 DivotMaker @ 01/08/13 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Wow, if that are the main changes then this edition is completely underwhelming except I guess for the arcade crowd.
Relax....they have quite a few more features and information to release yet....

# 14 acelang123 @ 01/08/13 09:56 PM
First of all, let's get some things squared away.

1.) This game will NEVER be the simulation people want it to be. There will NEVER be the following things.

A.) A Deep, statistical based commentary that is contextual with the tournament youre playing in.
B.) Contain a schedule that is editable to a point where you can mimic a real PGA season. (fake events, no real monetary payouts, etc)
C.) A presentation that mimics a TV broadcast.
D.) Swings that don't have harsh transitions from the top of the swing and a janked out camera that follows the ball. From impact to the finish just looks and feels wrong. Lag issue is an understatement. I would prefer some mini game Pre-swing and then watch the swing animation unfold, just to smooth that out.

They have built a game with a VERY particular engine. That engine gives you the address position, the cutscenes, the scorecard graphic, etc. These things aren't changing which means A-D will NEVER show up in the game. You're looking at a Washington Monument and asking for a redesign.....not happening. It'll get cleaned, maintained, and preserved, but nothing will be added to it to change what it stands to represent. (An "almost there" representation of Tour Golf.) Unless......you build a new monument. That is for the next gen console.

Speaking of the next gen console. That game will have to be built for a simulation aspect vs a party mode aspect, which seems to have plagued this latest iteration of the game. Think about the history of this series on PS3.

07 - graphically better, gameplay was just not acceptable.
08 - re-hash of 07
09 - minor improvement over a ps2 version finally seeing some real separation
10 - this is the "build" for the next 2 games
11 - same game as 10, with the Ryder cup
12 - same game as 11, with Augusta (finally)
13 - "10-12 build 2.0" swing results have changed but mechanics are still janked out
14 - same game as 13, with legends and all 4 majors.
15 - same game as 14, with a new fantasy course, The European Tour, and a extensive player editor
Playoffs are finally added, but it's broken because you don't get the right fed ex cup points or world ranking points. The wind issue is back as well. Swing mechanic still producing 100 percent fairways hit. The Sunday pin positions are still unfair causing 7 putts and ruining tournaments for the user.

4th gen releases in Tiger woods PGA tour 16
The gameplay is average, putting is even worse now. the graphics are "amazing" and you can finally play in a PGA Universe Mode, a 30 season, multifaceted mode which will allow you to take control of a variety of golfers throughout their careers. You can now place the pins for the week.

Is this fair to speculate. Don't we have enough evidence now to see that it's not going to get to a point of satisfaction.

# 15 SinisterAlex @ 01/09/13 01:50 AM
I can't wait for this game. I played the living heck out of TW 13 when everyone on OS played it. With all 4 majors finally in the game, improved swings (hopefully with these 24 different swings, every pro golfer for the most part will have a close to real life replication of their swing), live tournament feed data, and even more information that hasn't been released (mainly this improved presentation), I'm 100% stoked for this game.

Plus those screenshots of the courses look fantastic.

# 16 pokerlife @ 01/09/13 05:14 AM
Quote:
Wow, if that are the main changes then this edition is completely underwhelming except I guess for the arcade crowd. What is there to get excited about? LPGA, who the hell cares, 95% of the gamers have little interest in playing the LPGA tour because buyers are overwhelmingly male. Night golf with glow in the dark balls? That's fun for about 20 minutes. A legends mode that will be buggy and arcadey where it will be impossible to finish because the last few objectives you will need to shoot a 52 to beat them. It just sounds like last year's Tiger kiddie mode with old guys instead.

We need a totally revamped career and presentation mode where you actually feel like you are on the PGA tour and not playing against a score sheet. There is no excuse not to have that because its not a next gen limitation. Where you win a tourney and they show highlights afterward and trophy presentations, PGA stats and playoffs and the commentary and crowd actually react differently from the 1st round to the 4th round. Difficulty enhanced where you are not hitting fairways 95% of the time. Scoring updates that make you feel like you're actually competing against other golfers.

I know more info is coming but usually if the revamped presentation, career and online underwent major changes then they would be advertising that right away and not be gushing about glow in the dark balls and terrible story modes that get boring fast.

The devs need to understand that what sells sports games is the feel of realistic immersion and the TW series has failed miserably on that. That's why games like the Show and NBA2k series has been so successful. They make you feel like you are playing a real season with a real team with comprehensive stats overlays, deep commentary and numerous cut scenes that draw you into the game. The vast majority of gamers play because of franchise mode and that's what gives the game replay value.

Agree 100% They sure don't listen to the fans!

# 17 ps3veron @ 01/09/13 06:20 AM
These presentation features are all fine and dandy but what about actual gameplay improvements?

We're headed into this generation's twilight and I hate to say this but this particular series is still taking baby steps.

# 18 BLB34 @ 01/09/13 08:43 AM
Quote:
We need a totally revamped career and presentation mode where you actually feel like you are on the PGA tour and not playing against a score sheet. There is no excuse not to have that because its not a next gen limitation. Where you win a tourney and they show highlights afterward and trophy presentations, PGA stats and playoffs and the commentary and crowd actually react differently from the 1st round to the 4th round. Difficulty enhanced where you are not hitting fairways 95% of the time. Scoring updates that make you feel like you're actually competing against other golfers.

The devs need to understand that what sells sports games is the feel of realistic immersion and the TW series has failed miserably on that. That's why games like the Show and NBA2k series has been so successful. They make you feel like you are playing a real season with a real team with comprehensive stats overlays, deep commentary and numerous cut scenes that draw you into the game. The vast majority of gamers play because of franchise mode and that's what gives the game replay value.
I agree with this view and have all along. Not everyone plays these games for the same reasons, but I really enjoy getting immersed in a deep and rewarding career mode. The Show and NBA2k put a lot of time into those modes, and I'd love to see TW do the same. Of course, good gameplay is a must and I think TW is really close. A few things need to be cleaned up on the swing/putting mechanics, and it really needs to be more difficult (e.g. realistic) to hit fairways, but on the whole the gameplay is pretty good. Hopefully the career mode takes a step forward, but either way I'm looking forward to the release.

# 19 allstar3970 @ 01/09/13 09:51 AM
To be fair, the TW teams likely has 5% of the budget/resources/manpower of NBA 2K series. But it is easier to just picture the devs sitting back in their chairs being "lazy"

# 20 globalbeats7 @ 01/09/13 04:59 PM
unfortunately, TW will never be what some of us hardcore sim gamers want it to be. EA just wont do that with their golf game...and at times I feel like they not only wont do it, but they cant. I will wait until someone else comes along with a game, until then my last copy of TW will do just fine for years to come.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.