Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

As always, CES brings us the first look at MLB 13 The Show. Many more videos are sure to pop up throughout the week, during CES 2013.

In this video, Community Manager Ramone Russell discusses some details on gameplay, user interface and cross platform Homerun Derby with the PS3 and PS Vita. Make sure you check out the video, Developer blogs start next week!

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Sco291 @ 01/09/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Why are you always crying in your posts? You a female?
Ha nah man, I JUST LIKE TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS ALRIGHT?1!?

# 42 NatsFan95 @ 01/09/13 02:48 PM
whats the blog schedule? like what is it about

# 43 Baseballking888 @ 01/09/13 03:02 PM
Lovin' the new stance for Prince Fielder.

# 44 Factzzz @ 01/09/13 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
Lovin' the new stance for Prince Fielder.
Yeah it'd be perfect, if it was slightly open, with a toe tap, but this game doesn't really have any slightly open stances, only full blown open stances.

Still that stance is way better than before, hopefully he has his dreads in the game too.

# 45 Baseballking888 @ 01/09/13 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Yeah it'd be perfect, if it was slightly open, with a toe tap, but this game doesn't really have any slightly open stances, only full blown open stances.

Still that stance is way better than before, hopefully he has his dreads in the game too.
Agreed. It's not perfect, but it's better then the one they had in the past two games.

The new scorecard looks nice. Looks more refreshing then it has been.

# 46 CabreraMVP @ 01/09/13 03:36 PM
I've always hated using Alex Avila because his stance was weird, but it looks like they gave him a nice updated one. Same with Prince Fielder. Scoreboard is very cool and the graphic screen for players.

# 47 Doogie09 @ 01/09/13 03:43 PM
I didn't see the pitch type and speed flashing on the score bug. Did anyone else? I know MLB12 and 11 had it....

# 48 pdawg17 @ 01/09/13 04:06 PM
Hmmm...I buy the Show every year and will continue to but the things I want to see improved looks the same...outfielders that have "rubberbanding" and suddenly run in fast forward to make catches...if the commentary and onscreen stats are better though I will be thrilled...

# 49 thaSLAB @ 01/09/13 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
I've always hated using Alex Avila because his stance was weird, but it looks like they gave him a nice updated one. Same with Prince Fielder. Scoreboard is very cool and the graphic screen for players.
Yeah, those are nice updates for them both. I found the perfect stance for Avila tho... I want to say generic 151? I'll have to check. Prince's stance is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie09
I didn't see the pitch type and speed flashing on the score bug. Did anyone else? I know MLB12 and 11 had it....
It's still there, just not set to display in that particular demo presentation settings.

# 50 redsfan4life @ 01/09/13 04:36 PM
Didn't see this mentioned, but the CPU AI for bullpens being updated would be huge for me. Lefty/lefty match-ups happen in every game in the late innings. The CPU should be smart enough to match-up accordingly in game. This has been a sore spot in previous versions.

# 51 Geolink @ 01/09/13 04:37 PM
I swear I get a heart warm smile every year when these videos come out and it starts with "Ramone Russell, Community Manager for MLB: The Show".

God I love that guy. He's the Will Smith of community managers. LOL

# 52 edwing @ 01/09/13 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
I'm not joking when it comes to this. They have the most problems and let their voices be heard. I'm surprised they all don't throw their money together and go protest in front if the SCEA offices.

Some and I say "some" act like SCEA hates Canada and doesn't want anything to do with them. Lol
Guess you weren't here when a bunch Braves fans were incessantly asking about a cow and Coke bottle!

# 53 tnixen @ 01/09/13 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
OHHHHH!!!! Duh!

So if it were the bottom of the 2nd, it would be a 2 with the orange dot on the bottom?

NICE!
Actually its a small orange arrow pointing down or up depending on if its the top or bottom of the inning

# 54 edwing @ 01/09/13 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
Lmao I was but with these jays fans it the Rogers centre sign in left. No retractable roof. The blue jay on the jersey is two inches to far to the left, their shade of blue is too dark ect. I mean c'mon it's a video game. Wrigley wasn't correct but I didn't make a separate thread for the Cubs and what needs I be fixed.

It's getting to the point of the Portland trailblazer fans over in the 2k forum. And that's saying something.
Well the game does pride itself on detail and authenticity - I guess we just hold these devs to a higher standard, which is a good thing. Because the game is exceptional year in and year out we can pick on issues like these instead of some of the gameplay problems you see in the 2k and Madden forums. I do hope most of these issues get fixed though, so that us Jays fans can be happy and others don't have to hear us asking for fixes anymore (the Portland stuff in the 2k forum is pretty annoying)!

# 55 Knight165 @ 01/09/13 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie09
CPU vs. CPU game....it doesn't show there.
It should though.

M.K.
Knight165

# 56 Tomba @ 01/09/13 05:08 PM
"...and in terms of the games graphics have they improved any?"

"UM...(PAUSE)...yes..."

I honestly don't know what I've been hoping for as far as improvements to this game?

Would to have to loved to seen better grass textures and possible better weather elements. But basically the biggest thing were player models and their clothing bagginess along with better pitching animations

# 57 GWPump23 @ 01/09/13 05:36 PM
Accumalating "K's" @ AT&T (displayed on the brich wall) must be back!!!

-GW-

# 58 DickDalewood @ 01/09/13 06:28 PM
Damn. That looked incredible.

# 59 DickDalewood @ 01/09/13 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Bla bla bla. Sorry, last year's version was very good (not great), and here are the things that I'm most concerned about, that do not seem to have been addressed:

* having to hit a button before every single pitch in manage-only-mode.
* AI issues like very few steal attempts and NO throw-overs in an attempt to pick off a runner, and NO ability for the human player to pick off the AI.
* sliders actually doing what they are supposed to do.
* player injuries / suspensions being realistic in frequency and type
* crowd and animations being made more realistic.
It's January, info JUST started surfacing, and Russell said in that video "blogs will start rolling out Monday".

Your concerns have not been addressed, because, literally, nothing has been addressed yet.

# 60 Knight165 @ 01/09/13 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
It's January, info JUST started surfacing, and Russell said in that video "blogs will start rolling out Monday".

Your concerns have not been addressed, because, literally, nothing has been addressed yet.
DD...don't man...just don't....

I don't get it either, but it's like a broken record with him.

Nothing you post is going to matter.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.