Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Here is another short MLB 13 The Show video from CES 2013, showing off the Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers. There is no commentary, just a brief glimpse of gameplay and the new defensive lineup screen.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Sretep75 @ 01/10/13 04:07 PM
Wtf is with those stats for Weaver? 566 IP??

# 22 HustlinOwl @ 01/10/13 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sretep75
Wtf is with those stats for Weaver? 566 IP??
its called a pre release demo for a reason

# 23 decga @ 01/10/13 04:55 PM
[quote=HustlinOwl;2044602580]its called a pre release demo for a reason[/QUOTE

@HustlinOwl. I didn't even see that. Why because I know better. Its early. Graphically the game is set, but the wrinkles or kinks will be out by March 5th.

# 24 OSUPoke2007 @ 01/10/13 07:47 PM
Also, Mike Olt batting lead off? What kind of nonsense is this? Otherwise, looks good so far

# 25 crains13 @ 01/10/13 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUPoke2007
Also, Mike Olt batting lead off? What kind of nonsense is this? Otherwise, looks good so far
Maybe they wanted us to see Olt since he wasnt in '11, and is "new" to The Show

# 26 Perfect Zero @ 01/10/13 08:49 PM
It doesn't look like the renovations made the game, but that's okay considering that it affected sections that don't get looked at too much. I like the Angels throwbacks that finally made the game; still hoping for the '96 throwbacks though for the Rangers.

# 27 nomo17k @ 01/10/13 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Wow, some mind boggling numbers from Jered Weaver there.

I make that only 1 hit per 3.85 innings, impressive

566 / 3 = 188 2/3 which is Jered Weaver's IP in 2012. What the game really keeps track is the number of outs recorded (566), not the inning pitches. But it all makes sense.

# 28 nomo17k @ 01/11/13 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamingBlake
Woah that was impressive I would have never thought of that
That's how the game can keep track of 1/3, 2/3 innings. I'm sure the dev team will be replacing that with the proper IP display for the final product... let's hope we won't be seeing 23.000 HRs and such stats overlay again this year, haha... it's kinda similar glitch I think.

# 29 Knight165 @ 01/11/13 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
That's how the game can keep track of 1/3, 2/3 innings. I'm sure the dev team will be replacing that with the proper IP display for the final product... let's hope we won't be seeing 23.000 HRs and such stats overlay again this year, haha... it's kinda similar glitch I think.

You won't.

M.K.
Knight165

# 30 brett the jet favre @ 01/11/13 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You won't.

M.K.
Knight165
Praise the lord!

# 31 Armor and Sword @ 01/12/13 02:41 PM
Just when I thought 12 was the pinnacle visually.

My goodness. I love I mean love the new score bug and defensive lineup screen.

But another little thing that is back is the pre batting routines with hitters before stepping back into the box. Something that was in 11 but cut back on big time in 12.

Love that. And if you don't care for it you can "x" through it. But The reason I always loved that in 11 was when I am pitching and the batters take their "pre getting in the box" routines as well as stepping in and digging in I am enjoying the ticker.

Can't wait for 13!

# 32 seanjeezy @ 01/12/13 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Just when I thought 12 was the pinnacle visually.

My goodness. I love I mean love the new score bug and defensive lineup screen.

But another little thing that is back is the pre batting routines with hitters before stepping back into the box. Something that was in 11 but cut back on big time in 12.

Love that. And if you don't care for it you can "x" through it. But The reason I always loved that in 11 was when I am pitching and the batters take their "pre getting in the box" routines as well as stepping in and digging in I am enjoying the ticker.

Can't wait for 13!
This is one of the things that bugged me about 12... In MLB 11 even if you were ready to throw a pitch, you had to wait for the batter to finish his routine, but in 12 the batter would snap to ready, cutting off the animation. Hopefully this was reverted back to how it was in 11...

# 33 Armor and Sword @ 01/12/13 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
This is one of the things that bugged me about 12... In MLB 11 even if you were ready to throw a pitch, you had to wait for the batter to finish his routine, but in 12 the batter would snap to ready, cutting off the animation. Hopefully this was reverted back to how it was in 11...

Well that is the thing. In 11 you could "x" through it or watch the entire animation play out if you desired. It looked to me like they went back to 11 in that regard.

I always felt that was the more authentic approach.

# 34 nemesis04 @ 01/12/13 03:35 PM
Also, X'ing through also cuts commentary off where in early versions the commentary stilled played out. I would like to see that come back as well.

# 35 LastActionHero @ 01/12/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Also, X'ing through also cuts commentary off where in early versions the commentary stilled played out. I would like to see that come back as well.
Same here!

# 36 Kernel Pie @ 01/12/13 05:06 PM
Looks about the same to me. One thing I don't like: they kept the same exact post-pitch batter animations, which I never thought looked too great anyway (specifically the clapping hands one--wish they would have 86'ed that one). I don't know, I didn't see much to be excited about over 12.

# 37 Armor and Sword @ 01/12/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
Looks about the same to me. One thing I don't like: they kept the same exact post-pitch batter animations, which I never thought looked too great anyway (specifically the clapping hands one--wish they would have 86'ed that one). I don't know, I didn't see much to be excited about over 12.

It's going to be a lot of little nuances. But some big ones IMO are improved ball physics, brand new scouting system, updated commentary, even better AI logic in franchise, playoff mode (huge).

So a lot to be excited about.

And visually the game looks even sharper and has some fresh nuances.

# 38 hf199 @ 01/13/13 03:35 PM
I hope they added the extra umpires for the playoffs? and weather related uniforms for the umpires also for early spring and early fall.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.