Home

Most Indie titles on the Xbox 360 are as poorly built as the Jacksonville Jaguars' roster and about as much fun as sitting through a Kansas City Chiefs game.

Avatar Football, by comparison, is the San Francisco 49ers of Indie sports games -- not always the prettiest product on the field, but a winning franchise with an intelligent leader who has assembled a deep roster of features that can compete with Xbox Live's elite downloadable titles.

Read More - Avatar Football Review (360 XBLA)

Game: Avatar FootballReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 BCDX97 @ 01/11/13 03:04 PM
Never heard of this but looks pretty cool for $3. I will have to check it out - thanks for the review!

# 2 lynkraid @ 01/11/13 06:08 PM
Graphics look borderline from N64, I think I seen better looking stadiums on the ps1. Give this game a $15, $30 or $60 price tag I doubt you give it a 7.0

# 3 elgreazy1 @ 01/11/13 09:45 PM
Dude, it's an indie game put out by a small development team for $3 with all those options. What do you expect? Madden type graphics?

# 4 BCDX97 @ 01/12/13 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Graphics look borderline from N64, I think I seen better looking stadiums on the ps1. Give this game a $15, $30 or $60 price tag I doubt you give it a 7.0
Of course not, but it's not 15 or 30 or 60 bucks - it's 3.

From what I've played, it's pretty cool. Most indie games are pretty terrible, but every once in a while you find a gem. I'm surprised this game has so much depth to it in such a tiny package.

# 5 jyoung @ 01/12/13 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Personally, I would have gladly paid $15 for this game. The customization features and online options alone are better than the majority of $15 arcade games and even some $60 games. Heck, Avatar Football is the only football game this generation to include a formation creator and play creator besides NFL Head Coach. On the online side, the 3 vs. 3 mode runs smoother in Avatar Football than it does in Madden. Plus you can even have 3 vs. 3 games take place in the middle of someone's season mode. The NCAA Football series, by comparison, hasn't even attempted anything more than 1 vs. 1 online play this generation.

# 6 TDenverFan @ 01/14/13 09:31 PM
I find it funny that there are muffed snaps, weather effects, and the crowd cheers as a player starts breaking out a big play. Stuff EA titles don't have....

# 7 tbread28 @ 02/27/13 11:44 AM
anyone have rosters on this game? If so let me know.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.