Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Center fielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates, Andrew McCutchen has been voted on by the fans to be the MLB 13 The Show cover athlete.

Below are the results of the fan voting, which took place on Facebook and Twitter via MLB.com, all this week.

1st place: Andrew McCutchen - 108,148 votes
2nd place: CC Sabathia - 89,056 votes
3rd place: Miguel Cabrera 76,739 votes
4th place: Matt Kemp - 72,466 votes
5th place: Bryce Harper - 42,542 votes
6th place: Buster Posey - 31,508 votes
7th place: Ryan Braun - 13,153 votes

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Curahee @ 01/11/13 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander35
Well to be fair to Miggy, he wasn't that bad at third. He was no Longoria with the glove but he did get everything hit to him and made all the routine plays.
Except for the one that popped him in the face!

# 42 tvman @ 01/11/13 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander35
Well to be fair to Miggy, he wasn't that bad at third. He was no Longoria with the glove but he did get everything hit to him and made all the routine plays. He just had stone feet when it came to his range.

He only made 13 errors and half of them were throwing errors. His DRS (defensive runs saved) was -4, so he didn't really hurt the Tigers that much. He more than made up for those four runs he cost with the numbers he put up.

His UZR being at -10 backs up my statement of no range but he gets to everything hit at him.
Yeah he's a great 3rd baseman. I esp. loved the way he charged in for that slow hopper Pagan hit in game one.

# 43 JustinVerlander35 @ 01/11/13 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Except for the one that popped him in the face!
HEY!! That's not funny! I was so damn scared when that happened.

# 44 JustinVerlander35 @ 01/11/13 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Yeah he's a great 3rd baseman. I esp. loved the way he charged in for that slow hopper Pagan hit in game one.
Okay, smartass, when did I even remotely try and say he was a good third basemen? I was simply stating the fact that he gets what is hit to him, but has no rage. Like charging in on soft grounders. That's where most of his throwing errors came from.

# 45 Travis40 @ 01/11/13 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougo1000
I'm against mcCutchen because he didn't lead his team to the playoffs. Didn't have superb numbers like Cabrera (although still solid). Sure he played well but it wasn't enough to bring his team to .500.
I don't have a problem with it. McCutchen is free of controversy (unlike Cabrera) and is a pretty good spokesman for The Show and MLB. It's also cool to see a guy from a smaller market make it onto the cover.

# 46 OUSOONERS#1 @ 01/12/13 12:08 AM
Dunno why you guys are bringing up defense to justify Miggy not getting the cover he is way better hitter then anyone on the list for the vote in my opinion which is jus that an opinion but He did something that hasn't been done in 46 years n may never be done again anytime soon just seems to me he should have awarded the cover on that merit but I understand Sony needs someone to market their game n Miggy"s English is not good enuff to be able to get that done for them.

# 47 DieHardYankee26 @ 01/12/13 12:12 AM
This argument is lame so...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/km9nfa

Statement from Cutch.

# 48 Travis40 @ 01/12/13 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
Dunno why you guys are bringing up defense to justify Miggy not getting the cover he is way better hitter then anyone on the list for the vote in my opinion which is jus that an opinion but He did something that hasn't been done in 46 years n may never be done again anytime soon just seems to me he should have awarded the cover on that merit but I understand Sony needs someone to market their game n Miggy"s English is not good enuff to be able to get that done for them.

Or people just don't like Miguel Cabrera as much as they like Andrew McCutchen...

# 49 BurghFan @ 01/12/13 12:13 AM
Hell Yeah! Let's go Bucs!!

Just might have to pick up The Show this year now. And it would be my first baseball game since EA's MVP Baseball 2004.

# 50 Curahee @ 01/12/13 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis40
Or people just don't like Miguel Cabrera as much as they like Andrew McCutchen...

Yeah, it wasnt SONY that chose Cutch so ........

# 51 OUSOONERS#1 @ 01/12/13 12:26 AM
Cuth is good choice n is good hitter im sure Sony Excs are invinsioning a Trailer already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 52 DickDalewood @ 01/12/13 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougo1000
I'm against mcCutchen because he didn't lead his team to the playoffs. Didn't have superb numbers like Cabrera (although still solid). Sure he played well but it wasn't enough to bring his team to .500.
Since when is any of that the criteria to be on the cover? This wasn't a vote for MVP.

Oh, and it's a videogame cover. Is it THAT big of a deal??

Good for him, and good for the Pirates.

# 53 ParisB @ 01/12/13 03:55 AM
Good for him and the Pirates.

Can we stop with the whole playoff arguments? Congrats on Cabrera for teeing off on the Royals, Twins, and Indians with those amazing pitching staffs 20 games each. Congrats on the Tigers for making the playoffs with the 7th best record in the AL. Congrats on the random and arbitrary triple crown by getting one extra single and because Jose Bautista was injured.

# 54 CabreraMVP @ 01/12/13 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
In essence, all teams do PURCHASE a team. However, in 2012 the Detroit Tigers payroll was $132,000,000 compared to the Pirates payroll of $63,431,999. Both figures are quite outrageous as that money is used to pay players to PLAY the game of baseball. In my opinion as well, trading is also "purchasing" because you're giving away less expense to get something more desired, more expensive in MOST cases. As far as ignorance goes, that $132 mil payroll was used for a 4-0 shutout in the World Series
The Tigers pay their OWN developed players with contract extensions?? How can you say that like it's a bad thing? The Marlins are the only team who doesn't do that and they are the laughing stock of baseball.

Trading is "purchasing players?? Trading 6 players, including their two top prospects (two of the top prospects in the game) for TWO PLAYERS (Cabrera and Willis) is purchasing players???

How can you even speak on the Tigers getting swept. You're a Pirates fan. When was the last time your team made the playoffs better yet played .500?? I can't be reading this stuff

You can sit here and say how the Pirates are doing it the 'pure way' and talk about how a team with 4 free agents on the 25 man roster is purchased, but the last time your team was .500 Jim Leyland was the manager. And since then, he's retired 3 times, died 4 different times, came back for 7 underwhelming seasons in Detroit, and you are saying what you are saying

A Pirates fan talking about the "right way" of building a team. What has strictly home grown mindset got your team?

trading 6 players for 1 is purchasing And did the Pirates not just try to offer a 15 million dollar deal to one of the worst pitchers in the American League? Man. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Congrats on Cabrera for teeing off on the Royals, Twins, and Indians with those amazing pitching staffs 20 games each.
He had a .950 OPS vs team of .500 or better.

I came to this thread to hear people's reactions on the cover, I did not expect to see such lame arguments dissing the Tigers for no apparent reason. This and the last post are just so weak. If you're trying to diss a team you gotta find something that actually makes sense. This is just sad

And then people say McCuthen is not good enough to be on the cover? He had a .953 OPS for the CF position. That's as elite as you can get. The comment about him being one of the best defensively isn't true, there's nothing to support that. But still, McCutchen is one of the best players in the league

# 55 AUTiger1 @ 01/12/13 05:10 AM
I don't have a problem with Cutch being on the cover. It's cool for baseball. I just wish a Braves player had been up for the vote. I thought maybe with the 2 straight years Craig Kimbrel has had (including arguably the greatest season a closer has ever had) he would start to get some publicity like Mariano Rivera got for the Yankees all those years.

Oh and before someone says it wasn't the greatest season a closer has ever had just look at the numbers. He did so many things that had never been done before by any pitcher. The fact that he didn't get more Cy Young votes was just ridiculously awful.

# 56 willithome @ 01/12/13 08:19 AM
Congrats to all you Pirate fans! This is nice to see! I like it when the lower budget teams succeed!

# 57 Perfect Zero @ 01/12/13 09:29 AM
Andrew McCutchen right now is my favorite Center Fielder and I'm disappointed that the Rangers rumors with him were just air. A very deserving candidate who complements this game perfectly.

# 58 davis420 @ 01/12/13 09:34 AM
I voted for CC but I'm glad it was McCutchen. It's always good when someone who had a great year get on the cover.

# 59 LastActionHero @ 01/12/13 09:51 AM
Awesome. !

# 60 Curahee @ 01/12/13 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
comment about him being one of the best defensively isn't true, there's nothing to support that.
How about a .990 FLD% in 570 games with only 15 Errors in 4 years?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.