Home
NHL 13 News Post

Gurndeep Sumal, Assistant Producer of NHL 13 has taken time out to answer a few community questions regarding the process of roster updates in the game.

Gurndeep explains why some players are removed from a roster, while others remain. He also discusses why there are seperate offline and GM Connected mode rosters and how ratings are handled.

Source - What goes into a roster update? (EA Forums)

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Simple Mathematics @ 01/16/13 03:37 PM
Why bother with the EA update when you can use the Ratings Revamped or the Ultimate rosters?

# 2 AP 17 @ 01/16/13 04:04 PM
I still find it hilarious that EA continues to stand-by this premise of a professional scout incorporating his knowledge into the ratings. There are many examples, and listing them is a waste of time. But for evidence sake, ill throw one example off the top-of-my-head, Carl Hagelin an 86 in speed, perhaps there scout was too busy following Tebow-mania last year.

# 3 savoie2006 @ 01/16/13 05:31 PM
Te who? It's all about RG3 and Kaepernick, QBS who can run and throw, not just run

# 4 Cletus @ 01/16/13 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP 17
I still find it hilarious that EA continues to stand-by this premise of a professional scout incorporating his knowledge into the ratings. There are many examples, and listing them is a waste of time. But for evidence sake, ill throw one example off the top-of-my-head, Carl Hagelin an 86 in speed, perhaps there scout was too busy following Tebow-mania last year.
Maybe they use Mike Milbury's old scout.

# 5 Dougie_G_93 @ 01/16/13 11:35 PM
Well there's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.... anyone as anal as me about rosters get quite a chuckle when reading that

# 6 don28 @ 01/17/13 01:12 AM
My biggest beef is that the European leagues have the most inaccurate rosters. I like to play with those teams, but the rosters don't resemble the real teams close enough.

# 7 savoie2006 @ 01/17/13 11:04 AM
Quote:
Creating a roster update is a very meticulous process, it requires a lot of attention of detail.
The bolded part is what gets me. I know they have other things going on and all, but there is little attention to detail paid to their updates. Players on wrong teams, with wrong jersey numbers, the list goes on...

# 8 Dougie_G_93 @ 01/17/13 12:26 PM
We should start our own thread over there...... what doesn't go into a roster update...... would make for some LOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.