Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

David Pollack, part of ESPN's College GameDay mentioned he is working with EA Sports, presumably for NCAA Football 14. Could he be added as another studio analyst, working with Rece Davis or do they have something else planned, possibly with the entire crew in studio?

What would you like to see?

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cowboy008 @ 01/21/13 09:51 PM
Could they be adding another announce team? lol No EA wouldn't do that.

# 2 LucianoJJ @ 01/21/13 09:54 PM

Studio analyst? A bit of input on OL/DL interaction? Making the pass rush from the edge a bit better?

# 3 BA2929 @ 01/21/13 10:45 PM
I'm going to bet he's teaming up with Rece Davis in some capacity. Pre or Post game/Halftime/Studio Updates maybe?

# 4 Gap Integrity @ 01/21/13 11:05 PM
Cool, I like Pollack, but I'll come clean and admit.... I was hoping for Dennis Miller.

# 5 EAGLESFAN10 @ 01/21/13 11:15 PM
I like David Pollack ... but if he does team up with Rece Davis then I would like to actually see them In Studio not just talking over stat lines

# 6 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 01/22/13 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I like David Pollack ... but if he does team up with Rece Davis then I would like to actually see them In Studio not just talking over stat lines
Yeah me too...How hard could it be to make 2 3d models of them, and a studio set and have their mouths move to the audio track of their voice over. I dont understand why more game companies(ie. Baseball on ps3) don't do this when they're already saving the highlight reels after the games anyways..Guess it's a priories/time issue. Back on NFL 2K5 those highlights with Chris Berman felt like real life lol.

# 7 CoffeyN @ 01/22/13 06:33 AM
You could even do an actual shot of them in person saying generic lead-in stuff then cut to the scores while they talk about individual games.

# 8 BenGerman @ 01/22/13 11:22 AM
This could be interesting.

# 9 josephid @ 01/22/13 11:43 AM
God it is a video game not a tv broadcast. They will put in ten more announcers, ten more score overlays, you won't be able to even see the game play. EA dosen't care about game play. It will be a sim, like watching TV.

Just give us a great playing game. Better option, better passing stick, a save anytime in the game, controller option layout, scoreboard overlay turn off option. I know I am playing an EA game, I don't need their logo blocking the screen all the time.

# 10 jello1717 @ 01/22/13 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
Just give us a great playing game. Better option, better passing stick, a save anytime in the game, controller option layout, scoreboard overlay turn off option. I know I am playing an EA game, I don't need their logo blocking the screen all the time.
While this whole post is off topic, I would KILL for an option to turn off all of the presentation stuff (studio updates, runouts, replays, etc). Sometimes I have to mash the "A" button a ton of times before it finally skips past some of these things.

# 11 Watson @ 01/22/13 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
While this whole post is off topic, I would KILL for an option to turn off all of the presentation stuff (studio updates, runouts, replays, etc). Sometimes I have to mash the "A" button a ton of times before it finally skips past some of these things.
This is probably the most OS post ever.

# 12 statum71 @ 01/22/13 03:12 PM
Not sure how they'll use him. But I'm not surprised. I knew they would have to add some new voices somewhere this year.........seeing as though Erin Andrews is no longer with ESPN.

# 13 fballturkey @ 01/22/13 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
This is probably the most OS post ever.
Ehhhh... At first they're cool, but by season 5 of my third dynasty I've seen the 'Enter Sandman'less VT runout enough times, and they never say anything interesting in the pregame anyway. For the majority of the games audience who doesn't play as many games as most of us here it's probably still a cool thing, but like I said the 100th time I'd just as soon get to the game a little faster.

# 14 BenGerman @ 01/22/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Ehhhh... At first they're cool, but by season 5 of my third dynasty I've seen the 'Enter Sandman'less VT runout enough times, and they never say anything interesting in the pregame anyway. For the majority of the games audience who doesn't play as many games as most of us here it's probably still a cool thing, but like I said the 100th time I'd just as soon get to the game a little faster.
How come you don't just use custom stadium sounds?

Anyway, for those of us who enjoy a TV style broadcast (AKA NBA 2k), this is somewhat exciting news. Pollack is the best guy ESPN has (and this is coming from a Gator fan), and hopefully it means we may finally be getting some kind of analysis that doesn't come from Herbie and Nessler.

# 15 BA2929 @ 01/22/13 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
it's crazy how the tiniest bit of info comes out and people's minds just run wild with possibilities.
If we didn't then this board would only be filled with people complaining about the DB Glitch and how EA hates us and doesn't listen to the consumers.

I'll take some "minds running wild" occasionally over that any day.

# 16 Cardot @ 01/22/13 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Yeah me too...How hard could it be to make 2 3d models of them, and a studio set and have their mouths move to the audio track of their voice over. I dont understand why more game companies(ie. Baseball on ps3) don't do this when they're already saving the highlight reels after the games anyways..Guess it's a priories/time issue. Back on NFL 2K5 those highlights with Chris Berman felt like real life lol.
I like the halftime shows and studio updates, but would prefer they don't make models of the announcers. Just personal preferance, but I think their resources are better used elsewhere. And I usually find the 3d announcers a tad on the freaky side....even Berman in 2K5 despite the fact that I really liked that game, as thought halftime/weekly updates where awesome.

# 17 boxboy99 @ 01/22/13 08:53 PM
Maybe he is taking over for Erin Andrews??

# 18 EAGLESFAN10 @ 01/22/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Maybe he is taking over for Erin Andrews??
He doesn't even fit the Sideline Reporter Role ....... Plus they might add Jemele Hill, Shannon Spake, or Shelley Smith as the NEW side line reporter

# 19 smlmeyer @ 01/23/13 10:38 AM
I don't really like him as an on-air guy, but if it helps presentation I guess I'd be ok with it. Sometimes presentation, good or not, just gets in the way though so I agree with some people saying you should be able to turn overlays and stuff like that off. I have built a habit of playing sports games and watching something on my laptop or listening to music or a podcast or something and that doesn't bother me at all.

# 20 boxboy99 @ 01/23/13 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
He doesn't even fit the Sideline Reporter Role ....... Plus they might add Jemele Hill, Shannon Spake, or Shelley Smith as the NEW side line reporter
Right on, I was somewhat kidding, but I would assume someone else will fill that role.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.