Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Not a lot of new information, based off of previous MLB 13 The Show videos, but there is some gameplay shown in the background.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tnixen @ 01/23/13 12:18 PM
I like how the Base running windows now have the "number" ratings too

Thanks for the preview.

# 2 brrmikey @ 01/23/13 01:49 PM
It was awesome to see that the crowd in that default broadcast view while batting was un-pixilated and looking good in HD. In '12, I had to bypass pitching on default broadcast view per stadium, (in favor of a single custom zoomed in cam until the crowd changed to HD) because I couldn't stand the pixilated eyesore of a crowd. And since I bat from a BTP cam, I can now zoom it out to help me bat more effectively from this view.

Thanks for sharing the footage.
Thanks SCEA for attention to details as insignificant as the one above for example may seem.

# 3 BenGerman @ 01/23/13 02:06 PM
Is this the first year with ejections? At the end of the video it looked like there was one, and I'm not sure I'd ever seen that before.

# 4 Majingir @ 01/23/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Is this the first year with ejections? At the end of the video it looked like there was one, and I'm not sure I'd ever seen that before.
It happens in cutscenes to players, but didn't happen too often(since it doesn't happen too often in real life). Just wish we could argue calls like in MVP Baseball, where a certain level of arguing increases team morale(meaning your pitchers confidence goes up), and certain level gets you ejected

# 5 MLB Bob @ 01/23/13 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I like how the Base running windows now have the "number" ratings too

Thanks for the preview.
Really wish having numbers was an option, maybe being able to hide the windows is a work around for the guys that hate the number system

I see some cool? mow patterns...

# 6 seanjeezy @ 01/23/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Anyone else catch the Russell saying they have a new agreement this year that gives them full access to pitchFX data? That could be big in terms of giving pitchers their accurate pitch repitoire. Just hope someone knows how to interpret the data lol
I just talked to Nomo and he said they are affiliated with MLB.com this year so they will be using the f/x data, but the method of input will still be plug and chug so all of the quirks that the current f/x system still has will be present in the Show as well... This is still a massive upgrade over the previous system though, big step in the right direction.

I still plan on doing pitch edits for OSFM, maybe this will expedite the process by a fair amount (last year it took ~1 month)...

# 7 KHarmo88 @ 01/23/13 07:03 PM
Did anyone notice Russell Martin had a cyber face? Why? I know he's now for the Pirates but no real picture?

# 8 Bat @ 01/23/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
Did anyone notice Russell Martin had a cyber face? Why? I know he's now for the Pirates but no real picture?
They probably ran out of time to change his hat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see custom rosters and people making everyone having digital pictures.

# 9 tree3five @ 01/23/13 08:50 PM
Quote:
its probably an old build. im sure when the game ships he will have his real face and a pirate hat on.

# 10 Bobhead @ 01/23/13 08:51 PM
You think they were zoomed in on Russell's face close enough?
When he said "Nothing gets you closer" he wasn't kidding. I could practically see his earwax.

# 11 MrOldboy @ 01/23/13 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
They probably ran out of time to change his hat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see custom rosters and people making everyone having digital pictures.
From what we've heard from the CD guys I think that every player will have a normal picture (if its already in the game) id they are EVER on their original team. So if a player is traded, then traded back to that original team they'll get they're real photo back. I was hoping there would be a way to get all cyberfaces, maybe there is, but from what was posted it seemed like real photos will always be there if they are on the original teams.

# 12 KHarmo88 @ 01/23/13 09:56 PM
I definitely appreciate the fact that they've added the features for the cyber face to be created to show the new team cap and jersey if a trade occurs. However, I'm still iffy on the intertwining of original pictures and cyber faces. It's hard for me to say I'd prefer all cyber faces but I think having them mixed can sometimes make it seem awkward and not real..... imo

# 13 ckarlic @ 01/23/13 10:28 PM
Good info in the video...wish I could have told Russell the same thing I tell my kids when they get in front of the tv when I'm watching something...."Mooooove...u r not made of glass"

Good to see more videos coming out and more info.

# 14 evanreyes @ 01/24/13 05:48 PM
They should make the random minor leaguers look realistic.

# 15 Sco291 @ 01/24/13 06:53 PM
Quote:
I definitely appreciate the fact that they've added the features for the cyber face to be created to show the new team cap and jersey if a trade occurs. However, I'm still iffy on the intertwining of original pictures and cyber faces. It's hard for me to say I'd prefer all cyber faces but I think having them mixed can sometimes make it seem awkward and not real..... imo
Yea it's kind of bittersweet for me, but honestly, if I had to calculate how much time I spend looking at their pictures throughout the year.... my answer would be 0. Know what I mean? Haha, I welcome that feature.

I think it was always more awkward having to view your team roster and see players with different color hats and jerseys and what not. Even with cyber faces, which have always looked pretty damn good to me, I think this addition will be welcomed greatly

# 16 KHarmo88 @ 01/24/13 10:32 PM
Yah you make a good point... I'm all in!!

# 17 Bobhead @ 01/24/13 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Yea it's kind of bittersweet for me, but honestly, if I had to calculate how much time I spend looking at their pictures throughout the year.... my answer would be 0. Know what I mean? Haha, I welcome that feature.

I think it was always more awkward having to view your team roster and see players with different color hats and jerseys and what not. Even with cyber faces, which have always looked pretty damn good to me, I think this addition will be welcomed greatly
Exactly... I am pretty sure there were quite a few players who had cyberfaces all last year, and I couldn't name a single one, because I don't even pay attention to that. The wrong hat is what always stands out instantly. Definitely the right decision, and a great addition.

# 18 KHarmo88 @ 01/24/13 10:40 PM
I guess it's just one of those things that when you're sitting here waiting for the game to come out, you think about it more than when you actually have the game, with OSFM rosters, playing your franchise

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.