Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

IGN has posted this MLB 13 The Show video, which features Ramone Russell discussing Franchise and Road to the Show changes. You can see some gameplay in the background.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 seanjeezy @ 01/25/13 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch212
Medlen, Minor, Beachy, Venters, Teheran, Kimbrel, etc.

And those are the guys currently on their MLB staff...
Like I said, I probably worded it wrong in my post but in the vid he was commenting on the Braves' ability to churn out "ace" pitchers, which hasn't been the case since the 90's... In fact, I parsed through the data from 2000-2012 and in 12 years the list of productive, home grown major league pitchers was very sparse... Compare that to the number of quality hitters they have produced (more recently at least), its a big difference.

# 42 nomo17k @ 01/25/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Like I said, I probably worded it wrong in my post but in the vid he was commenting on the Braves' ability to churn out "ace" pitchers, which hasn't been the case since the 90's... In fact, I parsed through the data from 2000-2012 and in 12 years the list of productive, home grown major league pitchers was very sparse... Compare that to the number of quality hitters they have produced (more recently at least), its a big difference.
But that's really a minor point though... for someone unfortunate enough to have been a fan of a team in the same division as the Braves, the memory of pitching dominance that they were since early-90s lives on. It was an amazing run for them.

# 43 seanjeezy @ 01/25/13 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
But that's really a minor point though... for someone unfortunate enough to have been a fan of a team in the same division as the Braves, the memory of pitching dominance that they were since early-90s lives on. It was an amazing run for them.
It is, that's why I said I was nitpicking lol. Truthfully the Braves pitching prospects have been hyped to death, so I'm not surprised that the term "ace" has been used so much to describe the quality of their pitchers.

# 44 AUTiger1 @ 01/25/13 06:48 PM
I am so excited for this game that I'm screaming on the inside like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert. This video on franchise mode just blew my mind!

# 45 Perfect Zero @ 01/25/13 07:58 PM
Wow, I'm really glad the scouting was given a major overhaul. Everything that I would have wanted in the game has been addressed as far as that part goes. With the specific budgets and everything, it looks like franchise mode took a giant leap.

# 46 Bondsfan @ 01/26/13 12:43 AM
From IGN:

"An entire scouting system has been added, meaning you'll have to hire a team of scouts -- each with their own strengths (i.e. some guys will have a better eye for pitching, others for hitting, etc.) -- and use them to sign and develop prospects in your minor league system."

WOW! IGN managed to explain the exact same scouting system used for the past 5 years. Nothing they said about the "new" scouting there is any different than the old scouting system. LOL. Do these gaming reporters actually even play the games? I have no doubt the system was overhauled, but you wouldnt know it from reading IGNs preview.

# 47 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/26/13 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Great to see the pitch type and speed flash on the scorebug before disappearing again after each pitch
It will be even better seeing it flash on the scorebug with pitch callout OFF

# 48 Curahee @ 01/26/13 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
There are over 750 players in the MLB not everyone's stance is going to be perfect. We also don't have thousands of hours to sit here and make sure so and so's bat wiggle is exactly like it is in real life.

The sooner you and others realize this isn't a perfect science the better. Players change their stances mid season, sometimes they alter things from series to series.

This sums it up for me and I'm glad he said it, just sorry he HAD to!

# 49 thaSLAB @ 01/26/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
Franchise mode looks AWESOME this year!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!! RTTS looks slightly improved, but it is still awesome. The only thing I hope is that there is way more commentary. That is the ONE thing that 2k has it beat on. But I loved pulse pitching from last year, and Ilove analog hitting, so I am SOOOOOO pumped for this game (not the vita version though)!!!!!
This is very far from the truth... Once RTTS is discussed in detail, you will find it has changed (improved) the most of any mode. It is literally a whole new experience, gameplay wise. And it feels completely different from exhibition or even RTTS of old. Good stuff coming!

-- Sent from the Future...

# 50 BDKiiing @ 01/26/13 05:04 PM
So the top 50 thing is for guys coming into the draft...I was thinking/hoping it was a prospect list of guys in the minors already.

# 51 Factzzz @ 01/26/13 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
This is very far from the truth... Once RTTS is discussed in detail, you will find it has changed (improved) the most of any mode. It is literally a whole new experience, gameplay wise. And it feels completely different from exhibition or even RTTS of old. Good stuff coming!

Do you, or anyone when RTTS and other things are going to be discussed in detail, like blogs and stuff?

# 52 ty5oke @ 01/26/13 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
So the top 50 thing is for guys coming into the draft...I was thinking/hoping it was a prospect list of guys in the minors already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Impressions part 2:

4. Adding a top 50 icon..... for prospects.

From comm impressions

# 53 Knight165 @ 01/26/13 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
From comm impressions
No....

It's the top FAKE(unless someone edits them) players that have not played in the MLB.
Once they hit the MLB...they lose the icon.
(I'm not sure if they get it back if demoted until the rookie season is over...tabarnes might remember)

M.K.
Knight165

# 54 Sco291 @ 01/26/13 07:33 PM
Something that really bothers me watching those two gameplay vids of SF vs CHI, is that the scorebug is not visible in all other screens except delivery to homeplate.

To make it seem like a TRUE television broadcast, or to make the experience of playing the show more realistic, the scorebug needs to be seen on screen when there are base hits and what not.

So far, this is the only area of The Show that I have been disappointed in. The new scorebug is soo sexy that is should be visible at all times. Other than that, game is fricken incredible.

# 55 crains13 @ 01/26/13 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Something that really bothers me watching those two gameplay vids of SF vs CHI, is that the scorebug is not visible in all other screens except delivery to homeplate.

To make it seem like a TRUE television broadcast, or to make the experience of playing the show more realistic, the scorebug needs to be seen on screen when there are base hits and what not.

So far, this is the only area of The Show that I have been disappointed in. The new scorebug is soo sexy that is should be visible at all times. Other than that, game is fricken incredible.
I just checked '12 to see if the scorebug goes away after a hit, etc...it does. I just never payed any attention to it until you mentioned it. That would add a nice touch to presentation if it stayed there all the time though. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned anything a little sooner.

# 56 thaSLAB @ 01/26/13 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291

It hasn't changed from '12. It still displays on some balls in play and player cutscenes.

# 57 MrOldboy @ 01/26/13 10:17 PM
Quote:
It hasn't changed from '12. It still displays on some balls in play and player cutscenes.

Hmm, is there a reason why its only some balls in play? Why not all? I didn't even notice this in the video.

# 58 BDKiiing @ 01/26/13 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No....

It's the top FAKE(unless someone edits them) players that have not played in the MLB.
Once they hit the MLB...they lose the icon.
(I'm not sure if they get it back if demoted until the rookie season is over...tabarnes might remember)

M.K.
Knight165
As in it will show up for our prospects?

# 59 Knight165 @ 01/26/13 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
As in it will show up for our prospects?
Yes.....
There is no order to it (yet).....it's just an icon with a 50 that shows he's one of the top 50 MiLB players.

Now that I think of it...I'm not sure of the breakdown between hitters/pitchers.

M.K.
Knight165

# 60 Sco291 @ 01/26/13 10:58 PM
Quote:

The only cutscenes I personally have seen the scorebug still visible (which still is very rare at least for me) are where it shows the pitcher getting the ball back from the catcher walking back up the mound and sometimes batters at the plate and MAYBE if RARELY a certain foul ball type or whatever.

Obviously this is not a deal breaker haha, but , it should be something that just doesn't happen to "go away" on routine plays. Damn, I should have brought this up a couple months ago . Oh well, maybe next year....it would add so much more authenticity.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.