Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. If you missed part 1, you can view it here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JasonMartin @ 01/25/13 03:04 PM
Looks so nice.

I always run plays, I also try out every one of them but the players never walk that fluently or complete the plays (not setting a screen to abort it).

# 2 Da_Czar @ 01/25/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. If you missed part 1, you can view it here.
Thanks Steve !!!

# 3 RipCity71252 @ 01/25/13 04:28 PM
Great stuff Czar!

Probably one of the more fun things for me to do in this game is just to hop into plays mode with a team's playbook and just dig through it. Explore all the options, experiment with the timing of passes, sometimes running the same play 30-40 times until I'm comfortable with all the options and running it smoothly (timing of your passes are HUGE for this, like you mentioned).

Can't wait for the next video!

# 4 Optik @ 01/25/13 05:09 PM
Didn't know about the hidden branch, although I know that because of the formation, the spacing there is good for Griffin to post up. You could also just ignore the play diagram after the 1st entry pass, and use it to create a post up opportunity for your guard. With Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, this is a great play for the Nets. You can call it by just pressing Y/Triangle when calling a play for Gerald Wallace. You should always make sure you get into the post position with your big when receiving the pass so as to protect the ball. I would also add that this is a good play to exploit exclusively on ball defenders online, as the little lag in the switching might cause them to trail the PG after the first pass, which can lead to an easy bucket. Lazy defenders will often sag off the big man to protect the cut to the rim by the wing player, which means you can either just shoot the J with your big, or if there's enough space, drive in for a dunk.

Overall, I prefer the Horns set to the 1-4 set used by the Jazz. It's quicker to develop, as players aren't taking 3 seconds to back screen their center's man, you can always run a double high pick and roll, and you've got more space to work with, because the perimeter isn't so crowded.

Thanks Czar!

(PS: Do you know if 2K have any of those Horns plays that the Lakers (vs the Bulls) and the Knicks (vs the Nets) were running on MLK day? For the Lakers, Kobe would be in one of the elbow positions, and then he would get a pick from the big man in the other elbow area to free him up for a mid range shot. They did this with Gasol as well, although I think it was to oop it to Howard. The Knicks ran this for Melo as well to use in the same situation as Kobe)

# 5 Law504 @ 01/25/13 06:53 PM
what software you use to edit your videos Czar?

Awesome play as always!

# 6 RipCity71252 @ 01/25/13 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Didn't know about the hidden branch, although I know that because of the formation, the spacing there is good for Griffin to post up. You could also just ignore the play diagram after the 1st entry pass, and use it to create a post up opportunity for your guard. With Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, this is a great play for the Nets. You can call it by just pressing Y/Triangle when calling a play for Gerald Wallace. You should always make sure you get into the post position with your big when receiving the pass so as to protect the ball. I would also add that this is a good play to exploit exclusively on ball defenders online, as the little lag in the switching might cause them to trail the PG after the first pass, which can lead to an easy bucket. Lazy defenders will often sag off the big man to protect the cut to the rim by the wing player, which means you can either just shoot the J with your big, or if there's enough space, drive in for a dunk.

Overall, I prefer the Horns set to the 1-4 set used by the Jazz. It's quicker to develop, as players aren't taking 3 seconds to back screen their center's man, you can always run a double high pick and roll, and you've got more space to work with, because the perimeter isn't so crowded.

Thanks Czar!

(PS: Do you know if 2K have any of those Horns plays that the Lakers (vs the Bulls) and the Knicks (vs the Nets) were running on MLK day? For the Lakers, Kobe would be in one of the elbow positions, and then he would get a pick from the big man in the other elbow area to free him up for a mid range shot. They did this with Gasol as well, although I think it was to oop it to Howard. The Knicks ran this for Melo as well to use in the same situation as Kobe)
If I'm following, horns roll should give you something resembling that type of action.

Not sure what playbook it's in. Might be the Bulls.

# 7 NINJAK2 @ 01/25/13 09:12 PM
Awesome! Now we just need you to do a video for EVERY play in 2k13 DaCzar-That won't take too long.LOL

# 8 T3Y FR3SH757 @ 01/26/13 02:15 AM
Can Kyrie Irving get a update please !! He wears a shooting sleeve also. 2k doesn't keep up with players that are doing well like from years past. There use to be one update each week.

# 9 Taer @ 01/26/13 02:18 AM
Thanks for Part 2 Da_Czar!

These tutorials really help MyCareer players understand what is going on and help make that mode much better.

# 10 Da_Czar @ 01/26/13 07:46 AM
Thanks fam! Right now I am using Final cut X. I am pissed they messed up the intergration with Motion so my workflow is a bit butchered right now LOL. But I like it and it works well for what I need. Probably overkill if your just capturing and editing.

Final cut lost a ton of functionality for guys that capture with their update to final cut X and I am patiently waiting they bring that stuff back. Besides that I like it !

# 11 Law504 @ 01/26/13 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Thanks fam! Right now I am using Final cut X. I am pissed they messed up the intergration with Motion so my workflow is a bit butchered right now LOL. But I like it and it works well for what I need. Probably overkill if your just capturing and editing.

Final cut lost a ton of functionality for guys that capture with their update to final cut X and I am patiently waiting they bring that stuff back. Besides that I like it !
http://www.hoopsgaming.com/showthrea...r-and-O-J-Mayo

I wish this dude would do it like yours Its hard to understand him reading his breakdown but its effective.

# 12 PJBrownHeat @ 03/01/13 05:00 AM
You could say that this system was used by the Classic Bulls!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7piVF...layer_embedded

# 13 PJBrownHeat @ 03/01/13 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBrownHeat
You could say that this system was used by the Classic Bulls!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7piVFb8Ww14
the 3rd play isn't Horns 1 but another play that i don't remember the name but it is in nba 2k13 too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.