Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tnixen @ 01/26/13 05:39 PM
Some very nice gamplay video there

I noticed the Giants pitchers are sitting in the bullpen in this video.

I could have sworn they were not there in the first Reveal trailer. So I thouight this was fixed?

Hopfully this was just an older build.

# 2 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/27/13 04:49 PM
LOVE Kemp's new stance

Hoping Ethier's got some love too

# 3 tnixen @ 01/28/13 11:31 AM
Love this view!

# 4 lVlAtlZiX @ 01/28/13 12:42 PM
Like how u now see the OVR in numbers now as well as all other attributes.

# 5 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/28/13 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demizebf3
Kemps stance is horrible, the step is good but his bat doesn't wiggle that much
Better Tweet him and tell him that because he did his own motion capture for his stance

# 6 Number2DJ @ 01/28/13 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Better Tweet him and tell him that because he did his own motion capture for his stance
Really? if that's true that's pretty awesome.

# 7 Factzzz @ 01/28/13 02:23 PM
Quote:
Really? Cuz in real life his stance is kind of closed, and his back knee is bent a lot. Still good enough though in game.

# 8 Factzzz @ 01/28/13 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_-W8PFiKW4

There's another Hunter Pence interview with a little more gameplay.

# 9 Lorne_SCEA @ 01/28/13 05:27 PM
Quote:
Do you even watch them play? You would know that he doesn't wiggle that much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV3b_unJ9mc

Plenty of bat wiggle in these Kemp highlights of 2012.

# 10 Eddy_SCEA @ 01/28/13 05:46 PM
Quote:
Do you even watch them play? You would know that he doesn't wiggle that much
Here is a video of Matt Kemp talking specifically about his bat waggle from last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LjrjOB-s0U

# 11 MrOldboy @ 01/28/13 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV3b_unJ9mc

Plenty of bat wiggle in these Kemp highlights of 2012.
He does wiggle his bat, but to be honest his bat is much too low and not closed enough. But about the wiggle I think why it looks sort of funky to him is because of the way all the players in the game grip the bat. They all over grip it. Kemp in real life seems to use more of his wrists with his wiggle, while in that clip with Pence he is shaking both his arms and it looks like he is using his arms instead of his wrists/forearm to wiggle the bat. If Kemp in the game had his hands higher and griped the bat a bit more loosely I think the wiggle would look better to him.

Honestly though the stance looks ok, its hard to get everything perfect. Its just that we on here do get very critical of the stances, sometimes overly critical.

Edit: I thought that the new Kemp stance looked familiar, it looks like the alcides escobar from a year or two ago. I actually used that stance for Kemp since it was closed a bit I think. I do wish Kemps new stance was a bit more closed.

# 12 Eddy_SCEA @ 01/28/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
He does wiggle his bat, but to be honest his bat is much too low and not closed enough. But about the wiggle I think why it looks sort of funky to him is because of the way all the players in the game grip the bat. They all over grip it. Kemp in real life seems to use more of his wrists with his wiggle, while in that clip with Pence he is shaking both his arms and it looks like he is using his arms instead of his wrists/forearm to wiggle the bat. If Kemp in the game had his hands higher and griped the bat a bit more loosely I think the wiggle would look better to him.

Honestly though the stance looks ok, its hard to get everything perfect. Its just that we on here do get very critical of the stances, sometimes overly critical.

Edit: I thought that the new Kemp stance looked familiar, it looks like the alcides escobar from a year or two ago. I actually used that stance for Kemp since it was closed a bit I think. I do wish Kemps new stance was a bit more closed.
I do believe we can improve his stance. His hands should be a little higher for one, that would help a lot. Lorne has added this to our list for improvements. A lot of times, guys make adjustments and we do our best to try and keep up. We don't miss Craig Counsell one bit.

# 13 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/28/13 06:21 PM
Quote:

Do do agree with this and I think it's the limitation of the player exoskeleton in the game that is not allowing it to look more natural and I noticed the same thing with Ethier's real life stance and how they can't seem to duplicate it correctly in the game

BTW I used Napoli's last year because it was the closest to his bat positioning

# 14 MrOldboy @ 01/28/13 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy_SCEA
I do believe we can improve his stance. His hands should be a little higher for one, that would help a lot. Lorne has added this to our list for improvements. A lot of times, guys make adjustments and we do our best to try and keep up. We don't miss Craig Counsell one bit.
Well now I want you guys to add in some more historical stances.

Bagwell, Mel Ott, Tony Batista to name a few.

Here's a reference for Ott to get you started.

http://youtu.be/Yoi-OuqGvkg

# 15 Lorne_SCEA @ 01/28/13 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy_SCEA
Kemp's hands are fixed for this year. Just in the nick of time.

# 16 MrOldboy @ 01/28/13 08:24 PM
Quote:
Wait so that stance from the gameplay in the video is gone? A new stance replaced it since that build of the game?

# 17 Lorne_SCEA @ 01/28/13 09:25 PM
Quote:
Wait so that stance from the gameplay in the video is gone? A new stance replaced it since that build of the game?
Correct. You can label that video old.

# 18 Baseballking888 @ 01/28/13 10:41 PM
Quote:
I hope Grienke has his real face and now the clay face profile shot
This video was taken from an earlier build of the game, so Greinke should have his real photo in the final product.

# 19 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/28/13 11:46 PM
Quote:
Any chance you also fixed Ethier's from last year which suffered from the same problem of not having his arms extended away from his body enough

# 20 Lorne_SCEA @ 01/29/13 01:20 AM
Quote:
Any chance you also fixed Ethier's from last year which suffered from the same problem of not having his arms extended away from his body enough
We were able to redo Ethier's stance for this year. Hopefully, it's a little more accurate.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.