Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. Watch the video, read the press release below and give us your prediction.

Prediction that Correctly Forecasted Seven of Last Nine Super Bowls Calls for Ray Lewis to Go Out a Winner

In a thrilling contest that went down to the final seconds, the Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Prediction Powered by Xbox 360® has predicted the Baltimore Ravens as Super Bowl XLVII champions, defeating the San Francisco 49ers 27–24. With the victory, the Ravens captured their second Lombardi Trophy and allowed linebacker Ray Lewis to end his illustrious NFL career as a Super Bowl champion. To view the full prediction video, click here.

Both the Ravens and 49ers were held to first quarter field goals as the two top-ten defenses imposed their will to start the game. But any illusions of a low-scoring affair were shattered in the second quarter when the 49ers’ Frank Gore scored on a 19-yard run and Joe Flacco quickly answered with an 18-yard touchdown pass to Torrey Smith. Later in the quarter, Baltimore added a Ray Rice touchdown run to secure a 17-10 halftime lead.

The Ravens continued to pour it on in the third quarter, with Joe Flacco tossing a 24-yard strike to Anquan Boldin to stretch the Baltimore lead to 14. San Francisco refused to go quietly though, getting an early fourth quarter touchdown from Frank Gore and adding a game-tying 12-yard touchdown pass from Colin Kaepernick to Vernon Davis just before the two-minute warning.

Baltimore wasn’t about to let the 49ers spoil Ray Lewis’ retirement party though, methodically moving the ball down the field on the back of Ray Rice and capping the drive with a 40-yard field goal from rookie kicker Justin Tucker to push the Ravens ahead 27-24. The 49ers made one last attempt at capturing their sixth Lombardi Trophy, but an Ed Reed interception of a pass from Colin Kaepernick with ten seconds remaining capped the Ravens’ second Super Bowl title in franchise history and proved once more that defense wins championships.

Living up to his preseason claims that he was indeed an elite quarterback, Joe Flacco took home MVP honors completing 19 of 27 passes for 260 yards and two touchdowns. En route to his first Super Bowl victory, Flacco eliminated a number of young signal callers and future Hall-of-Famers including Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Colin Kaepernick.

The EA SPORTS Madden NFL Super Bowl Prediction continues to be one of the most accurate prognosticators of the NFL’s biggest game. The prediction has accurately called seven of the last nine Super Bowls, and was two points away from predicting the exact final score of the 2009 matchup between the Steelers and Cardinals.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 at23steelers @ 01/28/13 10:49 AM
Way to go EA!!! You can make great 2 minute presentation videos yet fail to capture any emotion in your games! Thanks for showing how it should be on trailers and pointless videos and drastically fail in that area where it counts!

# 2 Facts @ 01/28/13 11:59 AM
Kaep under center standing still in the pocket in the 2 min drill for slow Ray Lewis to get to him?

# 3 gsize19 @ 01/28/13 12:08 PM
As a fan of the Bengals, I have to pull for the AFC, stopping short of naming the team... But having said that, and being a Bengals fan I will never pull for the 9ers because of SB 16 and 23...

# 4 TreFacTor @ 01/28/13 12:18 PM
Ray Ray won't be wearing his arm brace during the Super Bowl? Why's he retiring he's got the regenerative genes of a rookie stud.

Kapernick's missing tats are just weird...looks nothing like what we'll see on sunday.

# 5 jpdavis82 @ 01/28/13 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Ray Ray won't be wearing his arm brace during the Super Bowl? Why's he retiring he's got the regenerative genes of a rookie stud.

Kapernick's missing tats are just weird...looks nothing like what we'll see on sunday.
I agree, but you can't really blame EA for them not having Ray's brace in there, he started wearing it two weeks ago. It is weird with Kaep not having his tats, but isn't that a NFL license issue?

# 6 gsize19 @ 01/28/13 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I agree, but you can't really blame EA for them not having Ray's brace in there, he started wearing it two weeks ago. It is weird with Kaep not having his tats, but isn't that a NFL license issue?
Even if NFL license, or license from some tat artists, a few years ago you could add them. I don't care if they look like what the players have, but if it is in the game, its... you know the saying.... Give us that option again, this is next gen gaming, right? If the NFL is the prestine prim and proper league, they should ban tats or make each plater cover them up, otherwise, I can't see why EA wouldn't add them... I remember you could add just generic artwork on arms, and some like Urlacher's actually looked like his (barbed wire)... I am not a fan of body art, but I do say EA needs to change the slogan if they don't add it... I would also love EA to add some of the bigger name refs, like Hochulee (who crack me up yesterday "Yes, even in the pro bowl, there are penalties", and a few others... Wierd seeing the same ref in every game.... I mean add Hochulee, Mike Carry, Walt Coleman, Ron Winter, Jeff Triplette to name a few...

# 7 Steve_OS @ 01/28/13 01:43 PM
Great predictions guys! :/

# 8 jpdavis82 @ 01/28/13 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Ah yes, back to the topic on hand. Baltimore 28 San Francisco 27

# 9 onac22 @ 01/28/13 02:23 PM
48-48 game stops due to time then resumed Monday Rex Ryan and the Jets show up and steal the Lombardi. Teebow gets mad because stealing is wrong. Better prediction than EA's.

# 10 at23steelers @ 01/28/13 04:07 PM
Quote:
Don't mention it, Noah! Since you asked, I will predict:

34-27 49ers

# 11 gsize19 @ 01/28/13 04:26 PM
Just simmed it, Ravens 28 49ers 20, Kaep threw INT in Red zone with 1 minute to go... Ray Rice, 22 carries 252 4 TD's...

# 12 DKHardee @ 01/28/13 04:31 PM
49ers - 27
Ravens - 21

# 13 azdawgpound @ 01/28/13 04:48 PM
10-10 tie they both have to share the trophy .

# 14 huskerwr38 @ 01/28/13 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Kaep under center standing still in the pocket in the 2 min drill for slow Ray Lewis to get to him?
Great point. He would be in shotgun and at the point you see Ray Lewis coming through the line towards Kaep, you know he'll take off or at least roll out but NOT just stand there.

Also, for all the people asking how can we get a great trailer, but Madden doesn't feel this way? It's because the marketing team puts this together, not the game devs. And we all know how well EA's marketing team does of hyping things up.

But, I'm predicting 27-17 Niners.

# 15 TreFacTor @ 01/28/13 07:17 PM
Quote:

I Gotta go with the Ravens 24-20.
Wife's a Ravens fan.

# 16 gr18 @ 01/28/13 07:24 PM
I wonder if they pretend the first three simulated results didn't happen until they get a fairly realistic one like we have to including the 62-55 that must've been in there.

I'll go 31-20 Niners.

# 17 EAGLESFAN10 @ 01/28/13 07:26 PM
Both teams have the ability to score ALOT of points BUT for some reason I have a feeling that it will be what the BCS National Championship was suppose to be.......

# 18 Reed1417 @ 01/29/13 05:00 PM
You know I gotta rep my Ravens here. 20-17 Ravens.

# 19 at23steelers @ 01/29/13 05:18 PM
Quote:
You can't knock us for not giving one, when you didn't give one yourself Joakim Noah!

# 20 Steve_OS @ 01/29/13 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
You can't knock us for not giving one, when you didn't give one yourself Joakim Noah!

49ers 24
Ravens 13

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.