Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

GotGame has posted another MLB 13 The Show video Q&A with Ramone Russell. Quite a bit of gameplay is being shown.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bwiggy33 @ 01/28/13 02:59 PM
Have barely watched one minute of the video and that hit by Pagan is awesome. A slow chopper (didn't bounce to high) right up the middle for a base hit. Last year that ball probably would have bounced over the pitchers head and not over his glove. Those are the hits that were lacking in this game. Coupling this with the bloops and we may just see any kind of hit happen. I'm really excited for that.

# 2 Number2DJ @ 01/28/13 03:17 PM
Marco Scutaro's stance at 10:40

Pretty nice gameplay, thanks for posting it.

# 3 seanjeezy @ 01/28/13 03:22 PM
Did anyone notice when Belt was batting the camera cut to him taking a practice swing, but when it cut back to the hitting cam he was still doing his pre-swing ritual? It bugged me to no end how the cut scene would skip to the "batter ready" position in '12, glad to see this fixed

Also, it looks like the bug where the 1st base runner window would disappear with a lefty up and a runner on 3rd was fixed...

# 4 nemesis04 @ 01/28/13 03:29 PM
I have serious show withdrawal today!

# 5 thaSLAB @ 01/28/13 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Did anyone notice when Belt was batting the camera cut to him taking a practice swing, but when it cut back to the hitting cam he was still doing his pre-swing ritual? It bugged me to no end how the cut scene would skip to the "batter ready" position in '12, glad to see this fixed

Also, it looks like the bug where the 1st base runner window would disappear with a lefty up and a runner on 3rd was fixed...
Yep, that's part of TruBroadcast Presentation 2.0 - you will see more realistic (meaning less perfect, and the cut not depending on the players) camera cuts. There were a couple that needed tweaking that h&v brought to their attention. I think it was isolated to one particular cut that didn't have a "mate" from the other angles. Glad you guys noticed such a small nuance...

# 6 HustlinOwl @ 01/28/13 04:05 PM
Lincecum new haircut?

# 7 ralphieboy11 @ 01/28/13 04:16 PM
While it was still a double play, Blanco almost beating out that pretty routine double play ball does seem like it could bode well to the excessive number of double plays we saw in '12.

On another play, I also liked Gonzalez's leisurely stroll to step on first base because he knew he had the batter beat to the bag. Looked very natural.

# 8 PsychoBulk @ 01/28/13 04:18 PM
Great to see Max fight his way out of that jam with the DP

Some nice footage there, very organic and smooth.

# 9 WarningTrackPower @ 01/28/13 04:19 PM
Peralta's AB around the 5:08 mark was nice to see. He hooks a pitch that's down and in. The left fielder caught the ball in stride. In MLB12TS Blanco would have tracked that ball down too easily and his animation would have slowed way down. Physics 2.0 look nice.

Also, at the 1:25 mark, Pagan hits one down the third base line and the animation of the Cabrera (I assume) looked nice. I feel like last year this would have gone into the "give up" animation that was very common among corner infielders. I'm really hoping corner infield play has been cleaned up. Granted, I do like the idea of the timing window for a dive or the ability to get to a ball at either of these positions being small, but last year it seemed almost impossible to make a play like that, even with plus defenders at the position.

# 10 Curahee @ 01/28/13 05:04 PM
This is the same dude that interviewed Hunter Pence in this vid....

http://youtu.be/WiLoSArsa3A

# 11 MrOldboy @ 01/28/13 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Have barely watched one minute of the video and that hit by Pagan is awesome. A slow chopper (didn't bounce to high) right up the middle for a base hit. Last year that ball probably would have bounced over the pitchers head and not over his glove. Those are the hits that were lacking in this game. Coupling this with the bloops and we may just see any kind of hit happen. I'm really excited for that.
It was mentioned in one of the CD threads that there are less balls hitting the pitcher, but it can still happen. I wonder it has to do with the new physics or that they let the ball clip through the pitcher or something.

I didn't like seeing that same glove swing animation as last year. The pitchers do it too often in the game as they do it sometimes when the ball is already well past them or over their head. It looked plausible for the Pagan hit, but it isn't for a lot of other balls hit. But if the balls of the pitcher is way way less than last year that is good enough.

# 12 Curahee @ 01/28/13 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I liked the replay from the CF camera. That was sweet and Pagan looks SICK! They did a great job on him.
The other cut scenes are great!

# 13 MrOldboy @ 01/28/13 06:05 PM
Ughh, they still have the barehand SS animation on double plays. Why is that still there? How often to players actuall try that play from such a far toss/throw from the 2B? It seemed like half of the double plays I saw last year were that barehand style. Just looks odd.

Another thing I noticed that sort of made me sad was when it was in demo mode the MPH didn't show up on the scorebug. Assuming that was because the pitch callout was off since noone was playing. In the gameplay it did, but that was with pitch callout on. I can't remember if it was ever confirmed if the MPH would show up on the scorebug if pitch callout is off. It was asked about a lot, I just cant find the answer now if it was answered.

# 14 OUSOONERS#1 @ 01/28/13 06:45 PM
I hope the animation where the third baseman n first baseman try make the ball stay foul n they swipe at it with there gloves is gone that animation looks downright ugly n is not very realistic.

# 15 Russell_SCEA @ 01/28/13 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Ughh, they still have the barehand SS animation on double plays. Why is that still there? How often to players actuall try that play from such a far toss/throw from the 2B? It seemed like half of the double plays I saw last year were that barehand style. Just looks odd.

Another thing I noticed that sort of made me sad was when it was in demo mode the MPH didn't show up on the scorebug. Assuming that was because the pitch callout was off since noone was playing. In the gameplay it did, but that was with pitch callout on. I can't remember if it was ever confirmed if the MPH would show up on the scorebug if pitch callout is off. It was asked about a lot, I just cant find the answer now if it was answered.
There are over 60k animations in the game. In this instance we left it in there just so you would get upset over it.

# 16 MrOldboy @ 01/28/13 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
There are over 60k animations in the game. In this instance we left it in there just so you would get upset over it.
Its not that I don't like the animation, it looks fine. It just happens way too often and on plays where there is no need to bare hand the ball. On close plays where the 2B is close to the bag, absolutely it happens in MLB games. But you see it in the game where a pitcher is hitting. I don't want it taken out at all, I just want its frequency to reflect something a bit more realistic.

Its like the push foul animation the OUSOONERS posted about. Its not that the animation is bad, it just happens much too often to look close to realistic in those cases.

# 17 Curahee @ 01/28/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

# 18 nemesis04 @ 01/28/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
I hope the animation where the third baseman n first baseman try make the ball stay foul n they swipe at it with there gloves is gone that animation looks downright ugly n is not very realistic.
It is still in the game and it will be there to mock you all season long.

# 19 Knight165 @ 01/28/13 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
Using n as the word and is less realistic than that animation.

If a ball is foul and close to the line....they do that quite often in fact.

M.K.
Knight165

# 20 nemesis04 @ 01/28/13 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
It was mentioned in one of the CD threads that there are less balls hitting the pitcher, but it can still happen. I wonder it has to do with the new physics or that they let the ball clip through the pitcher or something.

I didn't like seeing that same glove swing animation as last year. The pitchers do it too often in the game as they do it sometimes when the ball is already well past them or over their head. It looked plausible for the Pagan hit, but it isn't for a lot of other balls hit. But if the balls of the pitcher is way way less than last year that is good enough.
There is no ball clipping through the pitcher, that would be a horrible fix to combat pitchers getting hit. As I mentioned in another thread the hitting has taken away a lot of the up the middle play. Balls are getting pulled to either side of the field more frequently. You will still see hits up the middle as you should.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.