Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Nice Kicks, one of the premier spots for sneaker info, met up with 2K Sports and mentioned on Twitter, something MAJOR is coming to NBA 2K14.

Since the tweet is coming from them, obviously shoes are getting some more love. What are you hoping to see? (Stay on topic of shoes, anything else will be deleted.)

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/29/13 03:11 PM
Maybe a collaboration or one of the Editors is in charge if shoes at 2k?

Or 2k is using an editor to inform them about shoes?

# 2 mango_prom @ 01/29/13 03:35 PM
Most importantly, I hope 2k brings the old shoe editing menu within player profiles back. Would make sense if they expand the whole thing even further.

About additions...if 2k doesnt forget to care about gameplay improvements, every extra shoe is a nice bonus. Most current kicks are already in 2k13 and get upated with dlc, so maybe some more retro shoes.
Especially with old school teams, some accurate models instead of the generic ones would be cool. The same with some of the signature models Nike released in the 90s and early 2000s.

What I could imagine with Nice Kicks in particular is some gimmick like the 2k insider, but related to shoe updates during the season. So gamers could complain on twitter about Kobes shoes having the wrong kind of yellow or something like that.

# 3 thelakeshow @ 01/29/13 03:36 PM
Like Mars said, its probably a collab between 2k and Nice Kicks on updating the player shoes for the 2k roster updates. I hoping Nice Kicks will help 2k add some more shoes for classic and current players, help 2k implement a system where there are player shoe options for both home and away, and 2k adds more editing options, more custom shoe options, and they increase the max number of custom and edited shoes.

# 4 franzis @ 01/29/13 03:38 PM
something major for them or for us?

# 5 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/29/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
something major for them or for us?
For the casuals. The sneaker head in me is kind of excited.

# 6 DirtyJerz32 @ 01/29/13 04:00 PM
I'm hoping they make the kicks look like kicks instead of blocks. Some look good, but others are awful.

# 7 rockchisler @ 01/29/13 04:20 PM
Throw back shoes from 90's and 80's Like Air bakins or Air pippens

# 8 tropicana420 @ 01/29/13 04:33 PM
What's the point in having all these kicks when 2k doesn't even equip them on the players. Worst accessories update in franchise history and its probably gonna be worst next year because 2k has no competition and they don't give a sh!t anymore.

# 9 thelakeshow @ 01/29/13 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana420
What's the point in having all these kicks when 2k doesn't even equip them on the players. Worst accessories update in franchise history and its probably gonna be worst next year because 2k has no competition and they don't give a sh!t anymore.
Bruh. Did you read the first post or nah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Since the tweet is coming from them, odds are shoes are getting some more love in NBA 2K14. What are you hoping to see? (Stay on topic of shoes, anything else will be deleted.)

# 10 Iasounis @ 01/29/13 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana420
Never really thought of it like that, but you're right.

# 11 LD2k @ 01/29/13 05:11 PM

# 12 VDusen04 @ 01/29/13 05:12 PM
Whatever it is, I am hopeful to see the great shoe features of 2K13 and 2K12 thrown together into one. I love the depth of shoes added in 2K13 and I like their visual upgrade. However, I found myself becoming frustrated with the oversimplification of shoe customization found in 2K13's edit player screen. I like being able to apply Hyperdunks to a player then freely tweaking a single color to match his real life pair. Instead, in 2K13, it was a little tedious having to go to the create-a-shoe screen and use up one of the limited "created shoe" slots just to make sure your player's shoes didn't look ridiculous, at which point they'd often end up looking ridiculous anyway because of the inability to accommodate shoes home and away.

All that said, I like the idea of a shoe "Insider" of sorts, though it wouldn't necessarily service the large swath of folks who use their own custom rosters.

# 13 GRONK IS AMAZIN @ 01/29/13 05:41 PM
Imma guessin it's attribute boosts on shoes again.

# 14 mango_prom @ 01/29/13 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
All that said, I like the idea of a shoe "Insider" of sorts, though it wouldn't necessarily service the large swath of folks who use their own custom rosters.
We all know how the last kind of insider turned out...I mean additional content is always nice, and maybe 2k provides a well planned and executed feature. On the other hand, is there any good reason for removing the shoe edit options in the first place?
So I want to be optimistic...but I just cant see what 3rd party branding can contribute to overall game quality. But its too early to judge of course, maybe the whole thing is going to be great.

Another speculation...maybe it is simply another kind of product placement. I mean we already have Footlocker,NikeID,Sprite and JayZ. So in the end it could be some kind of online shop integration or earning credit points for ordering some fancy signature shoe. Or even worse, you could earn VC by ordering something from Footlocker or Nice Kicks...

So maybe this feature will be amazing, but I dont like the direction with this. Why not cooperate with Synergy Sports or Hoopdata instead?

# 15 sportjames23 @ 01/29/13 06:04 PM
If Legends are gonna be in 2K14, I hope we get more than mostly Nikes. Don't get me wrong, Nike is my favorite company and Jordans are my favorite shoe, but I'd LOVE to see some Reebok Pumps to put on players like Dominique Wilkins, Doc Rivers, Danny Ainge, etc. just like they wore back in the 90s.

Make it happen, 2K.

# 16 ecovyoudug @ 01/29/13 06:06 PM
This is music to my ears

# 17 VDusen04 @ 01/29/13 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
We all know how the last kind of insider turned out...I mean additional content is always nice, and maybe 2k provides a well planned and executed feature. On the other hand, is there any good reason for removing the shoe edit options in the first place?
So I want to be optimistic...but I just cant see what 3rd party branding can contribute to overall game quality. But its too early to judge of course, maybe the whole thing is going to be great.

Another speculation...maybe it is simply another kind of product placement. I mean we already have Footlocker,NikeID,Sprite and JayZ. So in the end it could be some kind of online shop integration or earning credit points for ordering some fancy signature shoe. Or even worse, you could earn VC by ordering something from Footlocker or Nice Kicks...

So maybe this feature will be amazing, but I dont like the direction with this. Why not cooperate with Synergy Sports or Hoopdata instead?
I like to be logical (and sometimes naively so) so my thought as to why the "edit player" shoe edit options were removed was maybe because the shoe's graphical upgrades alongside each shoe's vastly deepened customization features took up more space and memory than ever before. As such, perhaps the game could not handle such widespread, player by player customization (hence even the overall custom shoe limits).

In terms of product placement, I hope it's not something superficial like the Jay-Z inclusion. If 2K's reaching out to third parties, I'd hope it'd be to refine something specifically about the game, not to create a feature to cater to whom they're reaching out. Accurate shoe updates? Yes, that's be cool, because it directly relates to the NBA. But something involving Virtual Currency, downloading, ordering, and/or cyber upgrading and auto-saving? I would stay far, far away.

# 18 MarvinOida @ 01/29/13 06:14 PM
It's gonna be Nice Kicks helping with Current + Historic Shoes most likely. Cause they are a site that lives off shoes. They will probably take a "Shoe Division" Role and manage the kicks in the NBA that are being worn/kicks that are very popular that aren't in the game. (Answer IV, PUMPS, Puma Clydes, Shaq Reeboks, adidas Superstars, adiZero Ghost 2/3, etc.) I also hope they expand on the Creator with ideas like, Placement, Size, and stuff I will come up with once the #NBA2K14 rumors start coming out. One more thing, I hope they also expand the editable things in the in-box shoes, (Air Jordan VII, VII, Kobe 8, etc.)

# 19 NealN42 @ 01/29/13 06:27 PM
I'm hopeful it has something to do with the main "shoe" issue the past few years - actually making it possible to set a certain shoe as the shoe that player wears for home games, and then set a completely different shoe/color combo for that player's away games. The current system is a complete mess.

# 20 Jazzin @ 01/29/13 06:36 PM
Shoes have really developed over the past couple of years in the 2K series of NBA. While I like the addition of Nike ID and all the other features in shoe customization, I would really like to see that kind of customization in the actual creation of your MyPlayer... For 4-5 years, 2K has had the same weak hair, skin, and tattoo customization, and it's really disappointing...

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.