Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

In MLB 13 The Show, users will have the ability to view tweets from approved and official MLB players.

During the 2013 MLB season, a weekly roster update will be available for download. When those roster updates arrive, Twitter handles will also be updated.

Simply going into the "MLB on Twitter" option, users can cycle through all 30 teams, approved Twitter handles and view tweets in realtime.

Source - Dev Journal: Twitter in The Show (The Show Nation)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 slickkill77 @ 01/30/13 06:31 PM
Why is it, that whenever people say anything negative about this game, on this forum, they are jumped on and stoned? We don't hate SCEA. We're just voicing our opinion on a feature. You don't have to defend them like they are your family. That annoys me to no end when people on here do that kind of thing. Why is it that our negative opinion is always wrong?

# 62 Curahee @ 01/30/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Why is it, that whenever people say anything negative about this game, on this forum, they are jumped on and stoned? We don't hate SCEA. We're just voicing our opinion on a feature. You don't have to defend them like they are your family. That annoys me to no end when people on here do that kind of thing. Why is it that our negative opinion is always wrong?

Because there are some people that go above and beyond to be negative.
These guys work very hard on this game and do a very good job, doing the best they can to implement our requests. There is absolutely no requirement for them to do that. Then those people that dont get what they want, raise a stink and complain. Im not saying anyone here in this thread has done that, but there are plenty that do.

It gets taxing after a while.

Read this quote.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
You know the saying give you an inch comes to mind right now.

That about sums it up!

# 63 slickkill77 @ 01/30/13 06:40 PM
I get that but at the same time the whole defending the family honor thing gets old. We are all very appreciative for what they do. This feature just happens to be a let down to a lot of people, but of course we are wrong because we don't like the feature they added in. Or we are stupid because we want fake tweets to announce trades and what not in franchise.

# 64 Curahee @ 01/30/13 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
I get that but at the same time the whole defending the family honor thing gets old. We are all very appreciative for what they do. This feature just happens to be a let down to a lot of people, but of course we are wrong because we don't like the feature they added in. Or we are stupid because we want fake tweets to announce trades and what not in franchise.

Well I dont think anyone actually called you or anyone "stupid", but just as you have the right to express "disdain" so do I or anyone else.

Like I said, WE ALL need to stop taking things so literally.
For the most part, people here like to bust chops, especially on the newbs and habitual complainers.

There is a right way and a wrong way, not too many people know the difference, but we all need to get over it.

# 65 kehlis @ 01/30/13 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Funny how most of your responses to everyone come off really condescending and defensive...
Agreed, it's becoming really tiresome...

# 66 merchant1874 @ 01/30/13 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Well I dont think anyone actually called you or anyone "stupid", but just as you have the right to express "disdain" so do I or anyone else.

Like I said, WE ALL need to stop taking things so literally.
For the most part, people here like to bust chops, especially on the newbs and habitual complainers.

There is a right way and a wrong way, not too many people know the difference, but we all need to get over it.
To be honest you were the one going the 'wrong' way about it by accusing folk of crying.

It was just a discussion until you started your nonsense.

# 67 michsportsfan79 @ 01/30/13 06:56 PM
In Madden they use it in connected careers to tell updates about draft class players, injuries, game info, etc, but they're fake made up tweets.

# 68 Curahee @ 01/30/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
To be honest you were the one going the 'wrong' way about it by accusing folk of crying.

It was just a discussion until you started your nonsense.
Well maybe so and if I did, I apologize. I dont think I actually said anyone HERE was crying. I said people in general cry about one thing, then cry about another.

But whatever, the hairs are split.
Lets get back to talking about how awesome this feature is and kissing the Devs booty for implementing it!

# 69 merchant1874 @ 01/30/13 07:01 PM
Quote:
Well maybe so and if I did, I apologize. I dont think I actually said anyone HERE was crying. I said people in general cry about one thing, then cry about another.

But whatever, the hairs are split.
Lets get back to talking about how awesome this feature is and kissing the Devs booty for implementing it!
Well hey I think it's pointless.

But I'm not going to cry about it......

# 70 michsportsfan79 @ 01/30/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michsportsfan79
In Madden they use it in connected careers to tell updates about draft class players, injuries, game info, etc, but they're fake made up tweets.
in response to baseballsim

# 71 Curahee @ 01/30/13 07:07 PM
Quote:
Well hey I think it's pointless.

But I'm not going to cry about it......
OK, Obviously youre not a Twitter person, and thats fine. I am.
When MLB got the players involved Tweeting during the ASG, I got into it.
I dont obsess on the thing, but its cool to read some of their thoughts and what theyre up to.

The fact that this has now been integrated, I think is really cool. Can I do without it? Absolutely!

Maybe give it a try, you might actually like it.

# 72 merchant1874 @ 01/30/13 07:12 PM
Quote:
I dont obsess on the thing, but its cool to read some of their thoughts and what theyre up to.

The fact that this has now been integrated, I think is really cool. Can I do without it? Absolutely!

That's the point though?

I am a twitter guy and I follow most of these guys anyway.

# 73 Curahee @ 01/30/13 07:18 PM
Quote:
That's the point though?

I am a twitter guy and I follow most of these guys anyway.
OK! Great! Now you can follow them right in the game and dont even have to look them up!

# 74 kehlis @ 01/30/13 07:18 PM
Quote:

What don't you understand about this?

Most of us have Twitter in real life and can follow these guys throughout the day if we want, we don't need a video game showing us the same tweets we've already seen.

Some people, myself included, liked the way it was implemented in Madden.

It's cool that you don't and you are happy but it really isn't hard to believe that not everyone agrees with you and someone could be disappointed with a feature after it's announced (I know that is blasphemy to some).

No one is saying they hate the game as you guys seem to take it, just that this one feature does nothing for most of us.

# 75 Curahee @ 01/30/13 07:21 PM
I dont expect anyone to agree with me, nor do I care if they do.
I dont think anyone here accused anyone here of hating the game.
If you dont like the Twitter feature and think its pointless, then dont use it.
They didnt add the Madden Twitter but maybe they will next year.
I hope you guys can find something like this that will satisfy what youre seeking.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but we keep expressing our opinions on people expressing their opinions on people expressing their opinions.

Round and round and round.
You have your opinion, I have mine and that guy has his. Its all good!

# 76 thaSLAB @ 01/30/13 07:25 PM
I think its important for everyone to know this was not meant to be a franchise or RTTS feature. Nor is it the aforementioned replacement for the franchise newspaper... It has already been somewhat stated how that info is going to be relayed in another thread. Twitter is just another link to the real MLB and players, like the MLB.com feed on the front end (which is why you access from the main menu > community tab.) So if any, it is more closely tied to The Show Live.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 77 kehlis @ 01/30/13 07:27 PM
Quote:
I dont expect anyone to agree with me, nor do I care if they do.
I dont think anyone here accused anyone here of hating the game.
If you dont like the Twitter feature and think its pointless, then dont use it.
They didnt add the Madden Twitter but maybe they will next year.
I hope you guys can find something like this that will satisfy what youre seeking.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but we keep expressing our opinions on people expressing their opinions on people expressing their opinions.

Round and round and round.
You have your opinion, I have mine and that guy has his. Its all good!
Well said and agreed, wasn't that a lot easier than spending two pages telling people why they should love this and how great it is.

# 78 Curahee @ 01/30/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well said and agreed, wasn't that a lot easier than spending two pages telling people why they should love this and how great it is.

LMAO! OMG! I never said anyone should love this.
I just said I DO! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Alright enough! Lets get back on subject!

# 79 merchant1874 @ 01/30/13 07:39 PM
Personally with this twitter news I'm very intrigued by what they are actually going to do to replace the newspaper.

Although it wasn't the best it did serve its purpose well. Hopefully they have added something that will improve on it though.

# 80 Curahee @ 01/30/13 07:41 PM
Quote:
Personally with this twitter news I'm very intrigued by what they are actually going to do to replace the newspaper.

Although it wasn't the best it did serve its purpose well. Hopefully they have added something that will improve on it though.
The Franchise Blog is on its way shortly. Maybe it will be in there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.