Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

In MLB 13 The Show, users will have the ability to view tweets from approved and official MLB players.

During the 2013 MLB season, a weekly roster update will be available for download. When those roster updates arrive, Twitter handles will also be updated.

Simply going into the "MLB on Twitter" option, users can cycle through all 30 teams, approved Twitter handles and view tweets in realtime.

Source - Dev Journal: Twitter in The Show (The Show Nation)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Galvatron @ 01/30/13 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What don't you understand about this?

Most of us have Twitter in real life and can follow these guys throughout the day if we want, we don't need a video game showing us the same tweets we've already seen.

Some people, myself included, liked the way it was implemented in Madden.

It's cool that you don't and you are happy but it really isn't hard to believe that not everyone agrees with you and someone could be disappointed with a feature after it's announced (I know that is blasphemy to some).

No one is saying they hate the game as you guys seem to take it, just that this one feature does nothing for most of us.
Umm, I DON'T have Twitter, have no desire to ever have it, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one here who also doesn't. So when I see comments that somewhat seem to be speaking for the majority of the game's fanbase I can't help but feel like I'm sitting at the geek's table in the school cafeteria, like I don't belong.

When I commented that I didn't see why anyone would want fake tweets I certainly wasn't speaking for everyone. It was from my own point of view, and gave my reasons why I wouldn't like them. I'm also glad it was done this way since it's implemented differently than those other games anyway.

I'll also go on record and say that the devs are probably waiting on doing in-franchise tweets/updates/whatever until they can present us with a full on post-game/MLB network package in the future, which would be far better IMO.

# 82 kehlis @ 01/30/13 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Umm, I DON'T have Twitter, have no desire to ever have it, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one here who also doesn't. So when I see comments that somewhat seem to be speaking for the majority of the game's fanbase I can't help but feel like I'm sitting at the geek's table in the school cafeteria, like I don't belong.

When I commented that I didn't see why anyone would want fake tweets I certainly wasn't speaking for everyone. It was from my own point of view, and gave my reasons why I wouldn't like them. I'm also glad it was done this way since it's implemented differently than those other games anyway.

I'll also go on record and say that the devs are probably waiting on doing in-franchise tweets/updates/whatever until they can present us with a full on post-game/MLB network package in the future, which would be far better IMO.
I apologize, when saying most of us I was referring to those of us who were on the opposite side of the way this was implemented.

I can see why someone without twitter would be okay with it and meant no harm....

# 83 Galvatron @ 01/30/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
I apologize, when saying most of us I was referring to those of us who were on the opposite side of the way this was implemented.

I can see why someone without twitter would be okay with it and meant no harm....
...and no foul on this end.

# 84 Bobhead @ 01/30/13 07:55 PM
I don't use twitter and I find this feature very interesting. I don't like real twitter (the website) because I don't like having to search for people or constantly visit a website, plus it's not something I'm overly interested in reading. But for it to already be sorted out and organized for me, and integrated into a game I'm going to be playing anyway... it's quite nice.

On a completely separate note, I really want to stress that we do NOT know for sure that "fake twitter" is not in the game. As has been stated, we still have an undisclosed, mystery feature that is confirmed to replace the newspaper, in terms of function. Maybe its a fake twitter system, maybe it isn't. But this Live Twitter feature is completely separate from that.

# 85 MrOldboy @ 01/30/13 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't use twitter and I find this feature very interesting. I don't like real twitter (the website) because I don't like having to search for people or constantly visit a website, plus it's not something I'm overly interested in reading. But for it to already be sorted out and organized for me, and integrated into a game I'm going to be playing anyway... it's quite nice.

On a completely separate note, I really want to stress that we do NOT know for sure that "fake twitter" is not in the game. As has been stated, we still have an undisclosed, mystery feature that is confirmed to replace the newspaper, in terms of function. Maybe its a fake twitter system, maybe it isn't.
Ahah, this is what I was asking. I read several times that the newspaper was replaced. But this thread mad me think that this replaced it, when how could it. I doubt that they would be able to use the real twitter handles for players, then have them say random things. Right? That seems crazy when so much else is restricted.

So something will be there instead of the newspaper. That is good to hear.

# 86 Bobhead @ 01/30/13 08:01 PM
Quote:
What don't you understand about this?

Most of us have Twitter in real life and can follow these guys throughout the day if we want, we don't need a video game showing us the same tweets we've already seen.

Some people, myself included, liked the way it was implemented in Madden.
You're assuming that "most of us" have time to both sit in a chair and browse the internet and read twitter feeds, AND sit in a chair and play The Show... frankly I don't. When I come home, I have limited time for electronic entertainment, and I don't bother with Twitter because that'd be another 1-2 hours a day. This feature has the advantage of giving me both simultaneously.

I agree with your actual point though, people are definitely allowed to dislike new features. Nothing wrong with that. I know I had no interest in Diamond Dynasty from day 1. Just not my thing. Different people, different tastes. It's silly for someone to expect anything to ever be unanimously accepted or acclaimed.

# 87 kehlis @ 01/30/13 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
You're assuming that "most of us" have time to both sit in a chair and browse the internet and read twitter feeds, AND sit in a chair and play The Show... frankly I don't. When I come home, I have limited time for electronic entertainment, and I don't bother with Twitter because that'd be another 1-2 hours a day. This feature has the advantage of giving me both simultaneously.

I agree with your actual point though, people are definitely allowed to dislike new features. Nothing wrong with that. I know I had no interest in Diamond Dynasty from day 1. Just not my thing. Different people, different tastes. It's silly for someone to expect anything to ever be unanimously accepted or acclaimed.
See my last post in this thread about the same thing that was said to me before, didn't come off as intended.

# 88 bp4baseball @ 01/30/13 08:26 PM
I got the impression that the bottom ticker in franchise mode is what replaced the newspaper, showing scores, trades, league leaders, etc.

If there is another surprise in addition to this, that will be great, but I'm keeping my expectations grounded in believing that the bottom ticker is what's replacing the newspaper (which is fine for me).

Edit: Straight from Knight:

Quote:
Nothing in terms of a newspaper or news style pages. There are some new front end(menu) boxes that will give you league wide info...and the front end ticker will display trades/injuries/call ups now(league wide).
But there is nothing in regards to specific game by game news style articles like in the newspaper(which I really liked and wish would have stayed ....maybe in an html style format instead. Hopefully we see something that is a daily news feed similar to the paper make it back in.

# 89 riotmonster @ 01/30/13 09:04 PM
This seems pretty pointless. I've never popped in a video game and thought "I wish I could read some Twitter feeds right now".

I was hoping a team Twitter feed would be replacing the franchise newspapers, showing game related trades and news etc.

# 90 Sco291 @ 01/30/13 09:48 PM
I'm having a weird time understanding the true concept of this idea.

# 91 Knight165 @ 01/30/13 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
I'm having a weird time understanding the true concept of this idea.
I think it's just that a lot of people who follow players can now just simply do it on the player card now.
Social media is everywhere now and in everything(you see the facebook/twitter symbols on EVERYTHING)....and now it's in The Show to some extent.

It's not something I'm particularly interested in, but I'm sure some people will read it.

M.K.
Knight165

# 92 Russell_SCEA @ 01/30/13 10:45 PM

# 93 bp4baseball @ 01/30/13 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

Ha ha... For such a "small" feature that people "didn't want" it sure has got everyone talking....this threads like a sitcom.

# 94 Lovesports @ 01/30/13 11:34 PM
I think it's a really cool feature since it clearly has nothing to do with the franchise mode. It seems to be a part of the MLB Live feature which simply just adds to the immersion. Personally if I have a choice between a fake newspaper or website and fake twitter updates...I'll take the fake newspaper/website any day. Some just need to relax a bit. Technically there is no point of MLB live in a "fake" game either but it doesnt mean its not a cool feature.

# 95 Sco291 @ 01/30/13 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think it's just that a lot of people who follow players can now just simply do it on the player card now.
Social media is everywhere now and in everything(you see the facebook/twitter symbols on EVERYTHING)....and now it's in The Show to some extent.

It's not something I'm particularly interested in, but I'm sure some people will read it.

M.K.
Knight165
Haha wow...

didn't realize this was going to take place on the actual player card... my interest level has gone up by 50% now. I guess I missed that part Lol thanks Knight

# 96 ChrisHansen59 @ 01/30/13 11:45 PM
I hope Brandon McCarthy is approved.

# 97 Lovesports @ 01/30/13 11:51 PM
I actually love this for a number of reasons. One, it brings life and personality to computerized players who in reality we know nothing about. Maybe you're thinking about signing a player in your franchise but then you read his "Real" tweets and realize he's an idiot in real life and he has no business being on your team. Maybe youre about to cut a guy but then he tweets something sad that happened to him in real life and you feel bad and change your mind. I am actually extremely excited about this. Besides...who actually gets their news from twitter?!

# 98 merchant1874 @ 01/31/13 12:16 AM
Another thing that is very apparent from this thread is a lot of people don't fully understand how twitter works.

#confused

# 99 Bobhead @ 01/31/13 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Another thing that is very apparent from this thread is a lot of people don't fully understand how twitter works.

#confused
This post is genius lol

# 100 riotmonster @ 01/31/13 12:36 AM
Are there any MLB players that actually tweet baseball related things?

I guess now if you want to know what Mike Trout had for breakfast or see his fan retweets, you can view his player card.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.