Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

PlayStation.Blog has posted a new MLB 13 The Show blog detailing the hitting enhancements in the game. They also discuss the new Push/Pull hitting Trajectories Engine, 16 batting views and you can also customize your own.

Source - Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed (PlayStation.Blog)

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 csura999 @ 01/30/13 02:41 PM
The new hitting system with the pull, push, and balanced looks really nicely implemented. The new ball physics system looks terrific.

I've noticed many new batting stances as well! Braun's new stance isn't finally open, but now closed. Longoria as previously noted is changed now. Carlos Gonzalez, Bautista, and Ortiz were among others whom I noticed have new, updated batting stances this year.

Game looks great, and I can't wait until March 5th!

# 22 Baseballking888 @ 01/30/13 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
This is video footage from an old build. Most players will have real pics as their mugshots.
This might be a stupid question to ask, but did most players receive new mugshots this year or is it only for players who switched teams during the offseason and rookies and such? Just curious.

# 23 MrOldboy @ 01/30/13 02:50 PM
I really hope the push pull system pans, out it could really give each player a different feel when batting and pitching.

Opinions on any of the new stances shown? That's always the first thing I look at with these videos that get released even if the builds might be old and the stances could have been updated, i.e. Kemp in a previous video.

Glad Longoria got a fixed stance, looks alright. Ortiz's stance looks, odd, I get what they were going for though. Glad they made Braun's stance more closed.

I really hope when the next console is upon us the batters in the game wont all grip the bat the same, so tightly and sometimes overly-rotated around the bad. I think it could change a lot about how the batters look in the game, even it was only like 3 options. Loose, normal, tight for batting grip it could make all the difference.

# 24 sbmnky @ 01/30/13 03:03 PM
Really excited at the implementation of push/pull. I hope it gives a completely different feeling of hitting with different types of hitters. Just curious if the L, C and R display colors are static or dynamic based on hitter tendency? They appear to be static in the video - the highest number doesn't always correlate to the red zone. It's probably because it's an older build, but wasn't sure if this was by design or not. I'm at work, otherwise I'd post a pic - you can see what I'm talking about during the 1:34-1:43 mark.

# 25 Lorne_SCEA @ 01/30/13 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
This might be a stupid question to ask, but did most players receive new mugshots this year or is it only for players who switched teams during the offseason and rookies and such? Just curious.
If we were provided with their mugshot by MLB, they are in the game.

# 26 Baseballking888 @ 01/30/13 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
If we were provided with their mugshot by MLB, they are in the game.
Oh okay. Thank you!

# 27 MrOldboy @ 01/30/13 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
You will never be happy. I've observed your posts lately. You always have something to gripe about. I could understand to a point if all you do was watch a video game, but most people play it as well.
If I just pointed out the things that are great all the time where would that get us? I complain about things because I love the game and I see things that I think, my opinion, could be improved. Its a message board about a MLB video game, if this isn't the place to post opinions about the game then where is.

I haven't even seen the push/pull system yet, how can I say anything about it except that I hope it pans out? I never said it looks bad, or it looks great. It has potential and I can't wait to actual see it in action.

I don't just say, "That looks bad!" I explain why I feel that way, which I feel is completely valid.

I also said I liked Longoria's new stance and that they fixed Braun's open stance. You overlooked that.

Go back and look at this thread and see what happened. Where complaining about a gripe got us. post #41 on
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044663340

# 28 Factzzz @ 01/30/13 03:32 PM
Some of those stances look great, and Bryce's eye black looks awesome.

The way hitting works now is beautiful, and can add a lot to the gameplay and the strategy used while playing.

This game is going to be spectacular, I WANT MORE BLOGS!!

# 29 nomo17k @ 01/30/13 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Painted! Planted! Spaced! Windowed! Arch Patterned!

In addition to the solar panel and truck grille in LCF!
u need to thank thaSLAB if u see improvements. he remembered all these without looking at your posts..

# 30 jeffy777 @ 01/30/13 04:07 PM
Very cool. Great job Ramone, and everyone on the team.

# 31 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/30/13 04:32 PM
I saw a quick shot of the new diamond shaped jumbotron in Dodger stadium which looked fantastic but I hope next year they enlarge the HD screen to fit the entire diamond shape like whats in the picture

# 32 nemesis04 @ 01/30/13 04:34 PM
Couple things about the push pull system. I thought you could really see a difference in the hitting tendencies against the CPU batters. I did not get the same sense when I was up at bat. My ability appeared to totally override the system, for example when using Jeter because of my early timing he was a solid pull hitter for me. Also worth mentioning due to a lack of time there currently is no AI for fielders to automatically adjust defensively based on the specific type of hitter. You can manually make the adjustments for yourself against the CPU but do not expect the CPU to adjust against you. The only one that is hard coded is the extreme shift for certain batters.

Overall I like how the system is differentiating hitters but it did not feel complete to me in its current state. It does not hurt the game at all but to me at times I felt disconnected with it. The other guys may have different observations with it.

# 33 PsychoBulk @ 01/30/13 04:34 PM
Fantastic blog, so much footage to enjoy, so many different teams and ballparks featured.

That guy voicing it over sure sounded like he knew what he was talking about too

# 34 TheSwoosh23 @ 01/30/13 04:41 PM
Man, everything looks so great. Unbelievable job by everyone involved. I'm big on stances, deliveries, etc. so seeing the updated ones for Posey, Braun, Ortiz, Longoria, and what I think I could make out for Harper and S. Castro, got me all excited. One thing I keep seeing that bothers me is that they keep giving Joey Votto eye black, which I don't remember ever seeing him wear, being a Reds fan that watches nearly every single game.

# 35 HustlinOwl @ 01/30/13 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwoosh23
Man, everything looks so great. Unbelievable job by everyone involved. I'm big on stances, deliveries, etc. so seeing the updated ones for Posey, Braun, Ortiz, Longoria, and what I think I could make out for Harper and S. Castro, got me all excited. One thing I keep seeing that bothers me is that they keep giving Joey Votto eye black, which I don't remember ever seeing him wear, being a Reds fan that watches nearly every single game.
I know, I thought I asked them to remove that in one of the CD threads

# 36 metsfan4life1 @ 01/30/13 05:31 PM
Of Course they has Ike Davis striking out against the braves. When I initially watched I thought he hit a home run but the view didn't look right. Then I went back and he struck out:/ and hopefully they got his stance updated. This is an older build so maybe.

# 37 OUSOONERS#1 @ 01/30/13 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Couple things about the push pull system. I thought you could really see a difference in the hitting tendencies against the CPU batters. I did not get the same sense when I was up at bat. My ability appeared to totally override the system, for example when using Jeter because of my early timing he was a solid pull hitter for me. Also worth mentioning due to a lack of time there currently is no AI for fielders to automatically adjust defensively based on the specific type of hitter. You can manually make the adjustments for yourself against the CPU but do not expect the CPU to adjust against you. The only one that is hard coded is the extreme shift for certain batters.

Overall I like how the system is differentiating hitters but it did not feel complete to me in its current state. It does not hurt the game at all but to me at times I felt disconnected with it. The other guys may have different observations with it.
Tell me this is gonna help with opposite field home runs n hits cause to me there has been way to many of both in this series for to long?

# 38 tvman @ 01/30/13 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
Tell me this is gonna help with opposite field home runs n hits cause to me there has been way to many of both in this series for to long?
I hear you on that one.

I thought the vid said that on inside pitches with normal timing you would pull balls, outside with normal would be hit to the opposite field. Is that not the case? Anyone?

# 39 OUSOONERS#1 @ 01/30/13 06:02 PM
The video says exactly that and looks good in that video jus hope when I get my copy and play it week it doesn't go back to what has been the norm way to many hits n homeruns with perfect timing solid contact n ball goes opposite field way to much.

# 40 OUSOONERS#1 @ 01/30/13 06:04 PM
The CD guys could answer it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.