Home
Tiger 14 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the new Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshots, right here.

TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14 NEW GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS
DELIVER ON-THE-COURSE AUTHENTICITY

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 will feature a host of community-driven gameplay enhancements that will significantly change the in-game experience and how players approach a round on the links. From swing styles and greater ball control to era specific equipment and true ball physics, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 continues to elevate the authenticity of the franchise and blur the lines between real life and virtual golf.

Go back in time and experience golf through the various eras, starting in the late 1800’s through present day. As users advance through the timeline, they will see and feel the true ball physics and equipment representative of each era. In the early eras, ball spin and trajectory are slower and lower in comparison to how the ball reacts to today’s equipment. Fans will be able to hit the links with retro golf clubs, such as Mashies, Brassies, Baffing Spoons, Jiggers and Niblicks. Pairing the old equipment with the true-to-life ball physics from those early years gives golf fans an authentic gameplay representation of what it was like to play a round in those eras.

Presentation elements in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 have been completely revamped to put players right into the action and emotion of a PGA TOUR broadcast. The first thing users will see is new situation specific data, scoring and a broadcast presentation package that emulates a tournament-like television experience. Additionally, statistics will surface throughout each round, letting you track your performance against the rest of the field in a variety of categories such as, driving distance, putts per hole and birdies. This year, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 will feature over 3,300 camera shots, including overhead, close-up and green-side angles in addition to many others. Even the look and feel of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 will shift alongside its real-life majors as players will also see the leaderboards that are distinct and synonymous with the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship.

Twenty four unique golfer swing styles are available this year, enabling players to customize gameplay to the next level. Users can tailor the career mode golfer by selecting power versus control, fade versus draw, trajectory and handedness. Players now have the opportunity to choose whether they want to be a power-draw hitter like Dustin Johnson or swing like Luke Donald who has pin point accuracy off the tee. Each pro golfer in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 has their own authentic swing style.

This year’s game features a new enhanced Strike Meter which enables gamers to hit the ball with consistency out of any lie with a properly executed stroke. The Strike Meter introduces a left to right movement to simulate scenarios players would face in real life, such as side hill lies which demand an altered reach, to create an authentic ball striking experience in any given situation.

A fifth difficulty setting has been added to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 this year. Simulation difficulty was designed for those players who want to experience what the PGA TOUR pros face each week. In Simulation difficulty, the swing meter, green grid, zoom to aim, along with other aids are turned off. This mode is the truest test of skill for the hardcore fans. With this difficulty setting, users can implement the new advanced shot shaping feature to work the ball and attack courses with creativity, just like the pros and Legends.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mike24forever @ 01/31/13 10:16 AM
Cannot wait for this game. It looks awesome.

# 2 jmik58 @ 01/31/13 10:29 AM
Unfortunately, the "Deer Antler Spray" boost pin will not be available in this year's edition.

# 3 Matt10 @ 01/31/13 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Unfortunately, the "Deer Antler Spray" boost pin will not be available in this year's edition.
But Vijay's many putting strokes/combos will be

# 4 Matt10 @ 01/31/13 10:35 AM
Btw - the Simulation difficulty setting is EXACTLY what this series needed. I used to play on a PC tour (yes, I"m a dork) called the Clambaker's for TW 08. It was the most fun I have ever, ever had in a video game. You could not use any guides/grids etc - and you had an assigned handicap. I'm glad to see EA figured this one out and I welcome the challenge.

# 5 BLB34 @ 01/31/13 10:58 AM
Wow, looks awesome. The presentation and statistical improvements sound great, as well as the new simulation difficulty setting. It looks like they have really listened to the community with many of these enhancements. Bravo.

By the way, what's up with that "wristy" putting stroke by Seve in the video? Doesn't look right to me, but what do I know. That aside, I'm getting pumped for this game...

# 6 OnlookerDelay @ 01/31/13 11:47 AM
Finally... some substantive information on Tiger 14! This new simulation difficulty truly seems to be an answer to a lot of long expressed community desires. Wouldn't it be cool if we never see a sub-60 round again? At least in simulation difficulty! I can't wait to read some more detailed information on the advanced settings of the new interface and more about Swing Styles!

# 7 shupirate98 @ 01/31/13 12:34 PM
As a career mode only guy I still haven't seen the one word I'm looking for...

Playoff

# 8 cdawg44 @ 01/31/13 01:38 PM
Bravo EA. This looks like it may be a special year for Tiger PGA Tour. Got my Historic and Regular editions pre-ordered. Those different swings will for sure go a long way to making things feel more unique. I also hope our swings differences inpact the ball flight and spins we create on the higher difficulty levels.

Old Tom Morris looks great too!!

# 9 Lieutenant Dan @ 01/31/13 02:27 PM
Looking real good so far, and Simulation level sounds great as long as there is a real good way to read the green in a 2-d medium. Otherwise, I'll need that putting grid.

Jazzed about the presentation elements and swing mechanics, we'll see how it all shakes down. I'll be pre-ordering soon.

# 10 SinisterAlex @ 01/31/13 03:04 PM
imagine the OS country club with these new sim settings...... oh my.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

# 11 Hunkerdown @ 01/31/13 04:00 PM
Career mode fixes need to be in, like playoffs and no ties, wind conditions, etc.

# 12 Barto @ 01/31/13 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Career mode fixes need to be in, like playoffs and no ties, wind conditions, etc.
agree 100%.

Fix all the windy and rainy rounds. I don't mind playing in wind/rain every once in a while, but at least let the wind/rain leave during the round. It would also be neat if you could change in and out of your rain gear mid round.

# 13 Panicshade @ 01/31/13 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Playoffs are finally in this year

http://kotaku.com/5980708/at-last-ti...-death-to-life

# 14 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/31/13 08:07 PM
Simulation Mode sounds interesting. I don't know how well I'll fare with no grids on the green, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Even though I enjoyed the Country Club a lot in 13, it kind of sucked seeing rounds in the double digits under par on a regular basis. If simulation mode provides a challenge for everyone across the board I think it will make things very interesting. I'm starting to excited about the game with this bit of news today.

# 15 BenGerman @ 01/31/13 08:23 PM
It's been three years since I bout a TW game, but I'll almost certainly be getting this. With majors, playoffs, and ball physics, there is no way I could go back to my older game.

# 16 OnlookerDelay @ 01/31/13 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
It's been three years since I bout a TW game, but I'll almost certainly be getting this. With majors, playoffs, and ball physics, there is no way I could go back to my older game.
You're the kind of gamer about whom I was curious to see if Tiger 14's feature set would bring back to the table. I have a hunch that there are a number of you out there who were waiting for today's news. I hope the gameplay lives up to the design!

# 17 Hurricain @ 01/31/13 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade

Wow, very exciting. This alone will make me purchase the game, add on the other improvements and now &^() just got real.

# 18 mountaindew77 @ 01/31/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Btw - the Simulation difficulty setting is EXACTLY what this series needed. I used to play on a PC tour (yes, I"m a dork) called the Clambaker's for TW 08. It was the most fun I have ever, ever had in a video game. You could not use any guides/grids etc - and you had an assigned handicap. I'm glad to see EA figured this one out and I welcome the challenge.
Heh, I used to play on Clambakers. Lots of fun with TW on PC back in the day. I agree with you though, the simulation difficulty is what the game needs.

# 19 Matt10 @ 02/01/13 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindew77
Heh, I used to play on Clambakers. Lots of fun with TW on PC back in the day. I agree with you though, the simulation difficulty is what the game needs.
Yes! A fellow Clam! Fantastic.

You're right - the closer it can get to the difficulty like the PC was, will allow this game to really flourish. I think it might even tempt me to play in a club. I too was turned off by the double digit scoring. You remember in Clambaker's they were very strict about that - granted they had guys that created software specifically for the tour. Let's hope 14 is the perfect 6 year wait (since TWO 08) that was necessary to reach a top golf game.

Btw - I hope this pushes the "competition" even harder just in case

# 20 Jackdog @ 02/01/13 11:35 PM
It would be cool if the developers could add the 16th hole stadium and crazy crowd at The TCP Scottsdale Tournament. Love watching The Phoenix Open because of that hole.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.