Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 will offer 5 different difficulty levels. Amateur, Pro, TOUR Pro, Tournament and for the hardcore players a new 5th difficulty level, Simulation. Read all about it in the latest Developer blog.

Which level will you be playing on?

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rules @ 02/14/13 08:13 PM
This looks like the year for PGA Tour. I am really excited about the additional sim level and the presentation upgrades.

# 42 globalbeats7 @ 02/28/13 10:56 PM
wow i completely missed this added difficulty...i was adamant about not getting 14 but the sim difficulty was what many of us hardcore golf gamers have been asking about for years...and now it looks like its here. So, there is no way I can pass this up like I originally thought.

# 43 Love13 @ 03/05/13 04:21 PM
With the adding of sim difficulty and the other presentation aspects that they've added, now all we need to hope for is the ridiculously almost illegal Sunday pin positions get fixed. I can't tell you how many tournaments I lost due to Sunday pin positions, especially majors. I think uk open was the worst last year, I can't tell you how many times I shot above 85 in the final round of that tournament on Sunday with every other stat besides putting being good enough to shoot at least par.

# 44 rmaccari @ 03/06/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
In the versions I played at TWCD, that is what I saw....ball physics on the greens also are much improved with proper bounce and roll physics....
Please someone answer.

# 45 DivotMaker @ 03/06/13 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaccari
Please someone answer.
Answer what? Download the demo and see for yourself......

# 46 rmaccari @ 03/07/13 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Playing in tournaments, I just felt that I was by myself and didn't have any playing partners. It seemed to take the tournament feel out of the game...
Have improvements been made in this area?
In career mode offline. We play always alone?

# 47 OnlookerDelay @ 03/16/13 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaccari
In career mode offline. We play always alone?
Unfortunately, yes. It would be cool if you could at least play with shot tracers, based on the order of play rules of golf, of your AI playing companions, but EA's lawyers say even playing with the shot tracers of unliscenced pros would tread on shakey legal ground. The best idea you get of what the other players are doing in your group is to see the leaderboard after the hole, find your playing companion, and see what he made on the last hole. Doesn't quite get the job done, does it?

# 48 globalbeats7 @ 03/20/13 01:09 AM
ugh...after playing the demo extensively, sim difficulty is challenging but very boring at the same time. its weird to say that but i feel like im playing golf with blinders on. if that is the way they have decided to make the game more difficult then im not buying. i was excited SOLELY for this difficulty too.

# 49 sooner1 @ 03/20/13 09:06 PM
Yeah simulation setting to me seems bad on demo. Needs much more than just blindly hit it lmao.

# 50 CallCenterZombie @ 03/20/13 09:21 PM
You guys must have spent half an hour with it. SIM mode is for the hardcore TW fan. It's not for everyone. Boring? I couldn't disagree more. This mode is boss and it takes TIME to master and or become consistent at it. This is a mode that I have the most fun. I've been wanting it for years. EA finally came through.

# 51 chi_hawks @ 03/21/13 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallCenterZombie
You guys must have spent half an hour with it. SIM mode is for the hardcore TW fan. It's not for everyone. Boring? I couldn't disagree more. This mode is boss and it takes TIME to master and or become consistent at it. This is a mode that I have the most fun. I've been wanting it for years. EA finally came through.
What was said that would cause you to say/beleive this? The masses diagree with you....so they must not have played it enough? You and Divot have both defended EA and the omission of yardages on SIM mode with quite a bit of ferver. Thats fine - but why say things like this to many others (and there are many) who objectively disagree with you and feel that it takes away from and otherwise cool idea and mode?

# 52 CallCenterZombie @ 03/21/13 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
What was said that would cause you to say/beleive this? The masses diagree with you....so they must not have played it enough? You and Divot have both defended EA and the omission of yardages on SIM mode with quite a bit of ferver. Thats fine - but why say things like this to many others (and there are many) who objectively disagree with you and feel that it takes away from and otherwise cool idea and mode?
Simple. That was my opinion. If you don't like how it was implemented then try a lower difficulty. Like I said, it's not for everyone. I'm not defending EA. I have no reason to. I'm just a big fan of sim mode and if you're not then that's fine. The other difficulties await your arrival.

Edit: Maybe we should open up a new thread for other difficulties...

# 53 Skyboxer @ 03/21/13 02:17 PM
It's not about being difficult or "hatdcore" player..whatever that is.
It's about getting real difficulty within SIM mode and not difficulty just for difficulties sake.
I've never once played golf and not had yardages etc.. available.

# 54 CallCenterZombie @ 03/21/13 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
It's not about being difficult or "hatdcore" player..whatever that is.
It's about getting real difficulty within SIM mode and not difficulty just for difficulties sake.
With regards to yardages, I agree. I think they should have been put in.

# 55 DivotMaker @ 03/21/13 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
Lets get something straight....I have not defended the decision. All I have said is that it doesn't bother me playing the game. I respect that others want yardages, but EA went the other way. I have also stated that if the feedback is overwhelming in favor of bringing yardages back, they will likely introduce yardages of some kind in TW15. You can always enable zoom to target if you can't play without yardages. There is no shame in playing Simulation this way.....

# 56 Skyboxer @ 03/21/13 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallCenterZombie
With regards to yardages, I agree. I think they should have been put in.
That's the main beef. Otherwise I really love the way the game is coming together.

# 57 DivotMaker @ 03/21/13 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I have the retail Historic Edition version on the 360 and just shot a -7 in my first Amateur Tournament in default Simulation mode. Did not miss yardages per se, and hit 11 of 14 fairways with a Control/Draw Golfer who was at Level 72......the only area I feel yardages could be beneficial is on the Tee, but even then, the limited just above your shoulder camera view would not be all that helpful. What I work on is hitting the middle of the fairways and then work on my approach shots using the HUD which gives you yardage to the hole. Is it perfect? No, but it is what it is and I am making the most of the challenge.

# 58 Skyboxer @ 03/21/13 04:19 PM
Quote:
I have the retail Historic Edition version on the 360 and just shot a -7 in my first Amateur Tournament in default Simulation mode. Did not miss yardages per se, and hit 11 of 14 fairways with a Control/Draw Golfer who was at Level 72......the only area I feel yardages could be beneficial is on the Tee, but even then, the limited just above your shoulder camera view would not be all that helpful. What I work on is hitting the middle of the fairways and then work on my approach shots using the HUD which gives you yardage to the hole. Is it perfect? No, but it is what it is and I am making the most of the challenge.
Sounds good Divot. I believe we can do early download tomorrow sometime, correct?

# 59 OnlookerDelay @ 03/21/13 04:23 PM
Quote:
I have the retail Historic Edition version on the 360 and just shot a -7 in my first Amateur Tournament in default Simulation mode.
Have they indeed fixed the demo "bug" where the putting camera actually zooms out when the putt is struck? IOW, does the camera hold its position, or better yet, zoom in slightly as the putt is struck? I'm pretty sure that this would only apply to Follow cam, as Sean Wilson suggested that the Broadcast cam coverage of putting probably would not change.

# 60 chi_hawks @ 03/21/13 04:26 PM
Quote:
Lets get something straight....I have not defended the decision.
Sure you have - post 285 on the demo thread:

Quote:
I can tell you for a fact that there were many here and at the Tiger forums who complained about hitting every fairway in TW13. Part of this was due to the ease of hitting straight with the new TSC in '13. Another major factor was the fact that you could zoom out to the exact landing point your ball would hit giving the user way too much information to make the swing with. I am sorry that some of you feel the yardages need to be in the Simulation mode, but how many times have you seen a PGA TOUR Pro miss the fairway even when they thought they aimed their shot to the right area and executed the shot the way they intended? It happens more than most of you think.

Leaving the yardages out forces users to:

a) learn their club distances

b) learn the course layouts and hazard locations

c) brings the rough BACK into play

d) learn to use the HUD as it tells you every thing you need to know to make an approach shot

e) learn to manage the risk/reward factor when driving the ball

This is certainly more realistic than being able to zoom out and see yardage markers or a camera that shows where your ball will land when aimed. Should there be yardage markers that you can see while zoomed above the golfers shoulder as in Simulation mode? I can see making a case for that as long as the yardage markers give some sort of indication where the aiming marker is at, I get that. Lets see how this works out in the final game release. Human nature is to resist change. I was not a fan of not having yardage markers at first, but I have since come to want to play without these yardages as it is an extreme test of how well you can manage the course from the Golfer's perspective. Again, I respect those who feel differently now, but lets circle back and discuss this again a month or two after the game is released and we will see how realistic the impact to scoring is. You guys may be right and I may be wrong, but at least EA is giving you the option to play the game the way YOU want to play and there are options for those wanting even more challenge.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.