Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Another NBA 2K13 roster update arrived this morning. The Memphis Grizzlies (with Tayshaun Prince, Austin Daye & Ed Davis), Detroit Pistons (with Jose Calderon) and Toronto Raptors (with Rudy Gay & Hamed Haddadi) trade has been completed.

Alvin Gentry is still coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter. Jared Sullinger is still active for the Boston Celtics. Jarvis Varnado was signed by the Miami Heat for the remainder of the season, he wasn't added. The same for Mike James, signed by the Dallas Mavericks.

Still no sign of Golden St. Warrior Kent Bazemore, Houston Rockets Patrick Beverley and a few others.
  • Orlando Magic - Hedo Turkoglu (Returns from injury) +3 (72)
  • Orlando Magic - Glen Davis (Injured) -10 (63)
  • Detroit Pistons - Brandon Knight +3 (76)
  • Minnesota Timberwolves - Nikola Pekovic (Returns from injury) +19 (76)
  • Minnesota Timberwolves - Alexey Shved (Returns from injury) +8 (71)

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 regGQ @ 02/05/13 02:40 PM
weekly melo reminder:

Melo is still at 90 ovr guys...

I know you guys don't put much to overall ratings so look at this

Melo's close/medium/layup ratings are 87/87/79
Westbrook's (who is also 90 overall btw) 92/88/96

also why is melo's ball security 73 he's only averaging 2.3 topg and he's bringing the ball up court like 20x a game

personally think Melo should be at least 92 (so that he's rated above Wade, who we can all agree he's playing at a higher level than) especially considering Kobe & KD are both a 95.

92 was actually Melo's rating when the game was released so what exactly has he done on the court that deserved the 2 point decrease?

# 42 Blackhail92 @ 02/05/13 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
weekly melo reminder:

also why is melo's ball security 73 he's only averaging 2.3 topg and he's bringing the ball up court like 20x a game

personally think Melo should be at least 92 (so that he's rated above Wade, who we can all agree he's playing at a higher level than) especially considering Kobe & KD are both a 95.

92 was actually Melo's rating when the game was released so what exactly has he done on the court that deserved the 2 point decrease?
FINALLY SOMEONE SEE THIS WITH ME. for whatever reason westbrooks stats are still inflated in his mid range game. His jumper has been wayyy less consistent this year then last year and even in the last update of 2k12 he didnt have a 88 mid range. But to answer your question. at the start of the game (before the season) melo was rated a 92. and i believe westbrook was a 93. Many many people complained because they said he had an off year and that he shouldnt be rated that high. which at the time was very fair.

People wanted westrbook to be lowered becasue NO one could understand why he was rated one point lower than KD(KD was a 94 at the start) Melo was lowered to an 89. and westbrook to a 90. but what was crazy was that westbrooks mid range lay up and dunk were not changed. his overall rating was and his consistency i believe. Melo on the other hand had his lay up, dunk, defense, mid range, inside, close, offensive awareness, deff awareness were all lowered. HE then led the knicks to a great start and was shooting 42 percent form three. 2k raised him to a 90. That was in November i believe. Since thta update i have been asking for melo to be raised back to a 92 because he overall is not thaty much worse than KD and Kobe. It makes no sense why melo hasnt been raised considering kobe has received 2 updates. and unstoppable KD received one also. btw melo still shoots 42 percent from three. and he is still playing consistent defense. 2k give him some credit.

# 43 Blackhail92 @ 02/06/13 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsourtime
Melo is fine with his ratings IMO. Just got done playing a game where Melo hit all 16 shots I attempted with him. Dude is lights out from outside and the finisher sig skill enables him to finish at the rim. Then inside 2 minutes in the 4th quarter? Closer skill kicks in and forget about it.

I also personally find it harder to guard Carmelo against a cheeser than any other player not named Lebron. People look too much into overall ratings...
It wasnt really his offense i was speaking about. Hid mid range could use a slight bump and three and lay up. but mostly his hustle and defensive stats should have a boost that should have him back to a 92. or even a 91. he is playing better than Wade everyone can agree. i understand wade is shooting a high percentage but look at the roles and how for most of the season melo has CARRIED the knicks on his back. MELO may not get a lot of assists but this year he has become the king of the hockey pass initiator.

# 44 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 02/06/13 01:37 PM
Wade shouldnt be a 90s plus ovr anymore IMO. Id say high 80s

# 45 Blackhail92 @ 02/06/13 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Wade shouldnt be a 90s plus ovr anymore IMO. Id say high 80s
Wade stats across the board have been down beside fg percentage. from last year. and even then we were saying he lost a step. Right now melo is the overall 8th ranked player. are there really 7 players playing better than melo right now. Yu can take lebron and kd. after that there is no one who is playing as well as melo and contributing to his team winning games.

# 46 Danthony6616 @ 02/08/13 09:40 AM
Update Paul George Lebron can't stop him but no update. Please 2k start update players gear. Like Brandon Jennings wear hex leg sleeves and Paul George arm sleeve and knee pads and he wear nikes nd not stinking 2k shoes

# 47 jeebs9 @ 02/08/13 11:10 AM
I was never bothered by missing players. Until I saw Madden the other day. I never knew they made that many changes their their roster. And I also know football is a little different sport because it's week to week. While basketball is all over the place in one week. But I'd love to see 2k get more consistent at least on a week to week. No way they are paying someone to actually updates these. Because he is doing a piss poor job.

# 48 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 02/08/13 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
weekly melo reminder:

No.

Wade is faster, better at passing, stealing, defending, layup, etc; all those things that go into creating a big overall rating.

Melo is a better shooter, which is displayed in his ratings.

Enough said.

# 49 Angel_G @ 02/09/13 01:40 AM
I hope they add Gelable, C. Johnson and Mike James who has no business not being in the game in the first place since he played for the Chicago Bulls last year.

# 50 Blackhail92 @ 02/09/13 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
No.

Wade is faster, better at passing, stealing, defending, layup, etc; all those things that go into creating a big overall rating.

Melo is a better shooter, which is displayed in his ratings.

Enough said.
the same can be said about wade over KD. Wade is faster, better at passing, stealing, defending, layup than KD. but you wouldnt say wade deserves to be higher than KD would you? HECK NO. so give melo the same respect. He is killing the game this year. and leading his team.

# 51 Blackhail92 @ 02/09/13 10:33 AM
also melo's lay up is a 79? lets look at other players lay up stats who arent even close to melo's stature in the going to the rack category.

Tony Allen- 81
Josh Smith- 82
Ray Allen -82
Grevis Vasquez- 83
Darius morris- 80
JJ redick- 82
Vince Carter-90
Jared Cunningham- 83
Gerald Wallace- 83
Lance stephenson- 83
Stephen Jackson - 84

anyone else see something wrong here? considering melo isnt a power dunker. he mostly does flashy lay ups such as kobe (95 lay up)

# 52 pelly @ 02/09/13 10:54 AM
I love Melo's game but him blowing a layup happens more than it should. Most of the time he gets the rebound and scores/gets fouled. Dude is a beast

# 53 Blackhail92 @ 02/09/13 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelly
I love Melo's game but him blowing a layup happens more than it should. Most of the time he gets the rebound and scores/gets fouled. Dude is a beast
everyone misses lay ups. melo is still one of the best going to the rack. he still s better in the lay up category over tony allen, vasquez, etc

# 54 pelly @ 02/09/13 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
everyone misses lay ups. melo is still one of the best going to the rack. he still s better in the lay up category over tony allen, vasquez, etc
I cant argue with that

# 55 jaiel26 @ 02/09/13 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
Wrong again...not a surprise...it seems to be a running theme.

I don't believe in "curses", sorry.

Given the choice, I'll take pessimism over BLIND optimism any day.

And it's not "pessimism"...it's called REALISM. I see things for what they ARE, not just blindly cheer for something because that is what an organization tries to tell me. But that's because I've been on the other side of things...whereas you are just some teenage slacker who probably hasn't competed on a team since Little League.

Unlike you, I'm able to be a Cavs fan while also not just blindly following the nonsense and propaganda that I am fed. I think for MYSELF and form my own opinions.

One of those being that Tristan Thompson was the wrong pick at #4 that year...watching him play last season only reaffirmed that to me.

If you don't think the Cavs wouldn't swap TT in a heartbeat for Nikola Vucevic...or several other players from that draft.....you're more of a blind FANATIC then you will ever admit.

Grow up....and start thinking for yourself.
As a Cleveland native and Cavfanatic I have to interject... @ Loudmouth I agree w/ you that that Andre Drummond is having a better rookie season than TT, but you're not factoring in there was no off season for rookies last year, and no time for improvement w/ the condensed schedule... As for TT i think you also have to factor in his rebound % w/ the fact that he was playing with the most tenacious rebounder in the league in Andy.. W/O Andy he has shown that he is a tremendous rebounder. Offensively while he has gotten better, getting 18% of his shots blocked as a PF is a joke.

Jonas Valanciunas.... Are you kidding me? This guy is a -131 points on the floor.. He's not a good defender, rebounder, or low post scorer.. He's Tyler Zeller a big that can run the floor w/ a limited offensive arsenal.

ClevelandFan might be a little bit too overzealous w/ TT but the names you have thrown out are ridiculous. Klay Thompson offensively is gifted but doesnt do anything else. If you compare him to an NBA vet it would be much taller Monte Ellis. Whats the good in scoring 30 if you give up 35? Kemba Walker is a one dimensional player who is a 2 guard in a pg body.. He's Ben Gordon w/ better ball handling but can't shoot as well. Ken Faried is a garbage man plain and simple. He's strictly a rebounder and a big that runs the floor.

As for your comment on Chris Grant, when you try and build a team in your vision, you have to project a player down the road, not just "how he might look his rookie season." Sure in hindsight Marvin Williams was a bad pick, but work ethic comes into play as well. In one season TT put in the work and jumped leaps and bounds from his rookie year, so to call that a bad pick is a joke. And Chris Grant turned Jon Luer into Marresse Speights, Wayne ellington, Selby AND a 1st round pick... Turned Mo Williams and Jamario Moon into Kyrie Irving, turned Ramon Sessions into Tyler Zeller... Should the Lakers make the playoffs he will have turned the 30th pick into a late teens early 20 pick.. JJ Hickson/Casspi trade is a wash..Got a 2nd round pick for DJ Kennedy. When you take an older, sorry, over paid team post Lebron and turn it into a young cheaper up and coming team in 2 years you deserve some credit. What teams in NBA history has drafted a pg, sg, pf, c in two draft, and still have 3-4 1st round picks for the upcoming draft and still have cap flexibility?

# 56 ClevelandFan @ 02/09/13 01:52 PM
Lol there was a segment during the game last night of Adam Silver, and he was praising the Cavs organization and their rebuilding process...

TT averaging 15 and 12 since the New Year. Honestly he should be in the running for Most Improved player.

Dion is also coming into his own lately.

I swear some Cleveland fans just find a reason to hate things. It's whatever tho.

(not directed at you, jaiel26)

# 57 theycallmeZZ @ 02/09/13 02:01 PM
Hopefully they can take Bargs (2 games back) and Val (4 games back) off the injury list, sucks having only Amir Johnson and Aaron Gray as your bigs

# 58 Thunder Storm @ 02/09/13 02:27 PM
Quote:
also melo's lay up is a 79? lets look at other players lay up stats who arent even close to melo's stature in the going to the rack category.

Tony Allen- 81
Josh Smith- 82
Ray Allen -82
Grevis Vasquez- 83
Darius morris- 80
JJ redick- 82
Vince Carter-90
Jared Cunningham- 83
Gerald Wallace- 83
Lance stephenson- 83
Stephen Jackson - 84

anyone else see something wrong here? considering melo isnt a power dunker. he mostly does flashy lay ups such as kobe (95 lay up)
For a SF with such a high off. awareness, 79 layup is actually VERY good. Melo is fine trust me.

# 59 herruberraschen @ 02/09/13 03:27 PM
I just got 2K13 and I find it a little ridiculous I can't play an online game with Rose who is on the cover of the game.

# 60 thedream2k13 @ 02/09/13 03:35 PM
Quote:

Tony Allen- 81
Josh Smith- 82
Ray Allen -82
Grevis Vasquez- 83
Darius morris- 80
JJ redick- 82
Vince Carter-90
Jared Cunningham- 83
Gerald Wallace- 83
Lance stephenson- 83
Stephen Jackson - 84

i have been watching your post for a while, man for you to be a knick "fan" you are only concerned with star players./ Melo is good in the game already just leave it alone

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.