Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

PlayStation.Blog has posted another MLB 13 The Show blog. This one features franchise mode, as the team goes over the revamped scouting, training, player progression and more.

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bennyy2726 @ 02/07/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanreyes
Why wasn't there pictures for a lot of the players?
The two screens you probably most saw that in was upcoming free agents where players were wearing free agent outfits and the fantasy draft at the very end. When a player is taken of their original game release team then they have a cyber face

# 42 thaSLAB @ 02/07/13 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
just to be clear...ticker updates are for the virtual season and not the real life season, right?
Correct. Everything you see in the franchise ticker is within your virtual world... to differentiate, the left of the ticker will display the 'MLB13' badge.

However, real world info is displayed outside of any particular mode (basically, on the main game menu) - and any real life info will have the MLB logo next to it.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 43 ShowTyme15 @ 02/07/13 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
That, but if he was asking about 1:33-1:37, those guys are free agents in the franchise and wouldn't have their photos anymore - they'd be replaced with the cyberfaces and an appropriate cap when they sign.

As for Wilson, since he's a real-life free agent right now I'm guessing that's why he has a photo + that MLB cap. Will probably change if he signs, but whether he'd have a photo or a cyberface remains to be seen.
I don't think the FA pics were what he was talking about, but I get what you mean though. Also have to remember this video is a few years into franchise mode also which by that time most players may have a cyber face due FA signings or trades. This an early build though and we were already told everyone will have a picture to begin with as long as they were submitted on time.

# 44 bp4baseball @ 02/07/13 05:01 PM
I don't believe so, but on the team achievement screen with World Series, Cy Youngs, etc. ....... Any chance that updates during your franchise or maybe something that could in the future with more memory?

# 45 Majingir @ 02/07/13 05:06 PM
lol, Sergio Santos Cy Young candidate.

Since when is John Danks on Jays? And seems like ratings heavily impacted on 2012 season, cause Romero isn't even a 86 overall, yet he's only had 1 bad season(2012). But guys like EE have jumped up big time, after 1 good season.

In the training assignments stuff, are they now actual game modes or not? If they're not, then what's the difference between manual and auto training?

# 46 thaSLAB @ 02/07/13 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I don't believe so, but on the team achievement screen with World Series, Cy Youngs, etc. ....... Any chance that updates during your franchise or maybe something that could in the future with more memory?
Yes, it does update. It will display the last three years of your franchise. So for example, in year 2017 it will display the award winners from 2016, 2015 and 2014.

# 47 Knight165 @ 02/07/13 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

Since when is John Danks on Jays? And seems like ratings heavily impacted on 2012 season, cause Romero isn't even a 86 overall, yet he's only had 1 bad season(2012). But guys like EE have jumped up big time, after 1 good season.

In the training assignments stuff, are they now actual game modes or not? If they're not, then what's the difference between manual and auto training?

I believe you're looking at 2016 in those screens.

M.K.
Knight165

# 48 HustlinOwl @ 02/07/13 05:09 PM
Quote:
one game into season with only a couple teams played why not?

# 49 Majingir @ 02/07/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I believe you're looking at 2016 in those screens.

M.K.
Knight165
Where does it say that?

And if it is 2016 roster, then sorta interesting to see not many changes were even made to Jays team through simming 3-4 seasons(and Bautista still a 99)

# 50 MetsFan16 @ 02/07/13 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC26
amazing how the season opener, only two things, first the players should wear hats in their hands and second the pitcher should be in line and not in the bullpen.
No, the starting pitcher doesn't stand in line with his teammates because he is throwing in the bullpen getting warmed up for his start while they are lined up. Sometimes the catcher is with him, if the backup isn't in the bullpen.

# 51 Russell_SCEA @ 02/07/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Where does it say that?

And if it is 2016 roster, then sorta interesting to see not many changes were even made to Jays team through simming 3-4 seasons(and Bautista still a 99)
Wasn't everyone just complaining that in previous years there was to much player moment? Also the way overalls are calculated is different for each position. If Joey B was playing CF he would drop down considerably.

# 52 Knight165 @ 02/07/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Where does it say that?

I'm just going off the Royals screens from the vid and guessing they took all the shots from that one season.

Could be game 1 of 2013....I really don't know for sure.

M.K.
Knight165

# 53 Factzzz @ 02/07/13 05:16 PM
These things also apply to RTTS too right?

Specifically, the opening day presentations, ticker at the bottom with updates, being able to see team depth charts, etc.

# 54 HustlinOwl @ 02/07/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Where does it say that?

56 second mark shows 2017 budget

# 55 Majingir @ 02/07/13 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Wasn't everyone just complaining that in previous years there was to much player moment? Also the way overalls are calculated is different for each position. If Joey B was playing CF he would drop down considerably.
I'm not complaining bout amount of player movement I saw. All I said was that it was interesting(meaning diff from previous years)

# 56 Russell_SCEA @ 02/07/13 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
These things also apply to RTTS too right?

Specifically, the opening day presentations, ticker at the bottom with updates, being able to see team depth charts, etc.
They share the same logic but you won't see the same screens because you aren't the GM.

# 57 Factzzz @ 02/07/13 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
They share the same logic but you won't see the same screens because you aren't the GM.
Thanks for the response, can't wait for the RTTS blog!

# 58 seanjeezy @ 02/07/13 05:24 PM
Are MLB player potentials up for discussion for the first roster update? I know, early build, but Chris Tillman and Jacob Turner (both have MoR upside) should not be A's, neither should LoMo or Lombardozzi.

# 59 Chai2112 @ 02/07/13 05:27 PM
All this stuff looks great, but have there been any improvements to trades? I don't just mean trade logic, I mean are there trade capabilities amongst more than two teams at a time? Does the CPU reject trades for more reasons that simply the owner is not willing to take on more money? And is there a way to eat some of the contract so that you can trade a player with a large contract to a team that otherwise wouldn't want to pay the contract?

Thanks.

# 60 Russell_SCEA @ 02/07/13 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Are MLB player potentials up for discussion for the first roster update? I know, early build, but Chris Tillman and Jacob Turner (both have MoR upside) should not be A's, neither should LoMo or Lombardozzi.
The game is done.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.