Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

PlayStation.Blog has posted another MLB 13 The Show blog. This one features franchise mode, as the team goes over the revamped scouting, training, player progression and more.

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 seanjeezy @ 02/07/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The game is done.
Figured, that's why I said first roster update, the one that's usually uploaded on release day... Unless that's already locked too?

# 62 Unit303 @ 02/07/13 05:32 PM
Man, those jaggies are so bad. PS4 cannot get here soon enough. I honestly have a hard time playing games with this bad of aliasing which is damn near all consoles games. PS3 is just EHHHHHH these days for me. Can barely turn it on. I will get this more than likely despite my ridiculous backlog. Just cannot get past these visuals and at the same time it is amazing what they can still do with the PS3. But only slightly. Thing is just ancient if you aren't used to such dated visuals. I don't want to sound like I am whining cuz I know they have only so much to work with. It's just getting really old at this point. Give this game 4xMSAA and man it would look so much cleaner. Once you have barely any jaggies in games trust me there is no coming back. Things stick out like a flying elephant and bother you from then on if you are in any way picky. With all the little details it is impossible to rid the image of it too. Makes me froth for PS4 The Show because it will be reason enough to buy it just to see what they have going.

Franchise stuff looks great. Looks like this game is going to make a sterling addition to the PS4.

Dreaming....

# 63 OUSOONERS#1 @ 02/07/13 05:38 PM
You can have all the graphics all you want I jus hope they have fixed the trade logic n amount of trades in this game. This game has the best graphics of any sports game on the PS3 to me graphics has been the biggest hindrance on gameplay this gen jus hope it goes back the other way on next gen.

# 64 thaSLAB @ 02/07/13 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Where does it say that?

And if it is 2016 roster, then sorta interesting to see not many changes were even made to Jays team through simming 3-4 seasons(and Bautista still a 99)
I think you're looking too much into it, lol. I would say that screenshot is some time before 2016... there are definitely snapshots from different years in the video. If you look at the Royals (2016 season) screenshots, you see Billingsley is the starter for the next game. Later in the video you see Billingsley as a trade rumor mill player (pre-2016 Baltimore franchise, possibly in 2013). To further add to that, at the end when they show the CY, MVP winners, they are in the 2013 season, because it is displaying the previous 3 year's winners.

# 65 GreenGlen @ 02/07/13 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox5
If you look at the screen, the Player Salary is at $91.88M and the Staff Salary is at $16.76M. Their payroll is only at $108.64M but they have room to add $12.61M.

I don't think staff salary is included in the MLB's luxury tax threshold which is what fans typically consider to be the teams payroll. The player salary in 2017 of $91.88M seems reasonable since they have a ~$75M payroll currently and some playoff runs could increase that budget in theory.

On another note, the number ratings are very odd to see in this game.

Edit: OR what MLB Bob said
Ok then it sounds good. Russell also addressed another concern that small market teams might eventually have Yankee type budgets. Glad I pre ordered and I am looking forward to the 6th.

# 66 Unit303 @ 02/07/13 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
You can have all the graphics all you want I jus hope they have fixed the trade logic n amount of trades in this game. This game has the best graphics of any sports game on the PS3 to me graphics has been the biggest hindrance on gameplay this gen jus hope it goes back the other way on next gen.
I agree on some of that. Devs have been pushing way too hard on GFX but you can only do so much with a system this old. Graphics are a huge part of the medium, though. This game is going to be absolutely amazing as in draw dropping a couple years into the PS4. And gameplay is only getting better and better.

Next gen will only push harder but the low end is going to be so much easier to watch and play.

# 67 ShowTyme15 @ 02/07/13 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
I agree on some of that. Devs have been pushing way too hard on GFX but you can only do so much with a system this old. Graphics are a huge part of the medium, though. This game is going to be absolutely amazing as in draw dropping a couple years into the PS4. And gameplay is only getting better and better.
The CPU trading was talked about in the CD Franchise thread by a few members that attended the event. Your answer is in there.

# 68 Unit303 @ 02/07/13 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
The CPU trading was talked about in the CD Franchise thread by a few members that attended the event. Your answer is in there.
I think you quoted the wrong guy but yeah trading has been addressed from what I hear. Gameplay for this looks to be golden.

# 69 adamj2281 @ 02/07/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
Looks good but one concern. So in 4 years the royals payroll is at 121m. I know its nice to be a fan of a small market team and dream of this after successful seasons, but as the A's have shown having successful seasons does not always equal large payrolls.?
Yeah, and keep in mind only about $90m of that was player salary, not $121m. It will be interesting to see if the dynamic between player salary pricing and team salary is accurate enough to ensure that there is some thought in your personnel moves.

# 70 ginny @ 02/07/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Correct. Everything you see in the franchise ticker is within your virtual world... to differentiate, the left of the ticker will display the 'MLB13' badge.

However, real world info is displayed outside of any particular mode (basically, on the main game menu) - and any real life info will have the MLB logo next to it.

-- Sent from the Future...
I take it we'll still have the option to turn off real world ticker updates?

# 71 ShowTyme15 @ 02/07/13 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
I think you quoted the wrong guy but yeah trading has been addressed from what I hear. Gameplay for this looks to be golden.
Haha yeah I did quote the wrong guy. My fault. Either way they said CPU trading has improved. Still a few head scratchers, but nothing like before.

# 72 I3RIS3H @ 02/07/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
The game is done.
So release it already!

# 73 jmik58 @ 02/07/13 06:01 PM
Anyone know the significance of the training methods that show "Auto-..." compared to the others?

Some just say "Sprinting" ... others "Auto-Bullpen Session", etc.

# 74 bennyy2726 @ 02/07/13 06:07 PM
Quote:
The game is done.
i want to make sure everyone sees this again, makes me sick when some people complain before they even play the game

# 75 seanjeezy @ 02/07/13 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyy2726
i want to make sure everyone sees this again, makes me sick when some people complain before they even play the game
I don't think anyone is complaining about gameplay or anything of that nature... more in the line of small details that the average consumer/baseball fan wouldn't notice.

I think I would be sick if people didn't point out something they thought was wrong, how else would they be able to correct those mistakes, by reading our minds? Don't forget that SCEA makes weekly roster updates (which pertains to my issue) and the occasional patch, so just because the game is done doesn't mean that we're stuck with the imperfections.

# 76 Marino @ 02/07/13 06:32 PM
A few things that I noticed after first viewing of the video that I loved was the Opening Day presentation, ETAs on players, better scouting, numbers for overall rating now, and Top 50 prospects. Love it.

# 77 Retropyro @ 02/07/13 06:40 PM
Every damn year I say I'm going to skip the game. And every damn year they just suck me right back in!!

# 78 Knight165 @ 02/07/13 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Anyone know the significance of the training methods that show "Auto-..." compared to the others?

Some just say "Sprinting" ... others "Auto-Bullpen Session", etc.
As you cycle through the different options for training....you will see which attributes it effects by the color of the numbering on the bar turns green as opposed to the yellow for those unaffected.

M.K.
Knight165

# 79 bennyy2726 @ 02/07/13 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I don't think anyone is complaining about gameplay or anything of that nature... more in the line of small details that the average consumer/baseball fan wouldn't notice.

I think I would be sick if people didn't point out something they thought was wrong, how else would they be able to correct those mistakes, by reading our minds? Don't forget that SCEA makes weekly roster updates (which pertains to my issue) and the occasional patch, so just because the game is done doesn't mean that we're stuck with the imperfections.
hence why a feedback forum is posted around april, how would you feel if you spent an entire year on this game like they have

# 80 mjh91 @ 02/07/13 07:24 PM
This video was awesome. I can't wait for the game to come out. Franchise mode will be better than it ever has this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.