Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

PlayStation.Blog has posted another MLB 13 The Show blog. This one features franchise mode, as the team goes over the revamped scouting, training, player progression and more.

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Doran @ 02/07/13 10:49 PM
Just wanted to say I have no complaints. Looks like I'll 'Chise it out all year this year.

# 102 Curahee @ 02/07/13 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Sometimes the footage is month's old B.Harper has a regular photo the build is old.
I woulda thought everyone on here knew this by now.
Obviously not!

# 103 Kalkano @ 02/07/13 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yep. Damn majority! LOL

-- Sent from the Future...
I prefer the numbers, but I thought someone said they were optional.

# 104 econoodle @ 02/08/13 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
I prefer the numbers, but I thought someone said they were optional.
They are optional.
Optional to look at.

# 105 nomo17k @ 02/08/13 03:17 AM
Were people really complaining about the game not having ratings in numbers? If they were, I must have missed them and I read pretty much all the posts in this forum...

# 106 rjackson @ 02/08/13 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demizebf3
Looking forward to play 162 games
I'll be playing a lot more than 162 games!!!

I'm not worried about the numbers. They will be nice if they show in attributes like baserunning ability or contact vs. L. I just ignore the overall because you can miss out on some useful situational bench players that way.

RUSSELL & WOODWEAVER: I have to side with seanjeezy here. It is great that letter grades are affected by position (which is awesome btw) but it would be nice to have some input, maybe just the most egregious players, for the roster updates. You guys do so much for us and listen to us more than any devs I've known and it is soooo appreciated!!! I'm not asking for a mile from the inch you've given but it is for your benefit as well since the OSFM rosters add so much replay value and furthers sales from previous owners...

# 107 prot22 @ 02/08/13 05:08 AM
Looking forward to the improvements to franchise mode, but is it just me or is the scouting way too much due to the fact that not many gamers can even finish an entire season? All the scouting options make it seem like NCAAFB. Instead, I wish they'd use some of the design space from these scouting options and just make a better statistical in game experience during franchise play.

# 108 tabarnes19_SDS @ 02/08/13 05:45 AM
Scouting can be as in depth or as hands off as you want. If you feel you do not want to do the scouting portion you can set it to auto and let the cpu do the work.

# 109 ripwalk @ 02/08/13 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Were people really complaining about the game not having ratings in numbers? If they were, I must have missed them and I read pretty much all the posts in this forum...

People who post on OS represent only a tiny fraction of people who buy The Show. I believe SCEA said they had done focus groups to get feedback.

# 110 cuba4life @ 02/08/13 09:14 AM
Where are the vendors and tv contracts? Please tell me they are not taken out

# 111 zbundy3 @ 02/08/13 09:49 AM
I have a question about training, how often does the player inprove in the slected catagory you set for the player, a day, a couple days, a week, a month? or does it depend on player to player? I assume it is the later but i was just wondering.

# 112 pirates1fan @ 02/08/13 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
This blog makes me sick....

Seeing Cutch wearing a Nationals hat
Wow, nice catch! It took me forever to find it and get the video paused at 2:43.

# 113 Bluejaysfan65 @ 02/08/13 10:08 AM
Love the MLB ETA feature and the fact that we have numbers available for the player overalls.

# 114 pirates1fan @ 02/08/13 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba4life
Where are the vendors and tv contracts? Please tell me they are not taken out
Haha, I think they did. I remeber hearing Russell say in one of the interview, or maybe hear on one of the formus how they took that out because it was just kind of pointless stuff that took up a lot of time. All it did was get you more money and funds that you could only use on so much. I kind of like it, and I have to agree with them.

# 115 Curahee @ 02/08/13 10:41 AM
I noticed that some players have a Twitter logo on their player card.
Does that mean that their Twitter feed is included in the game?

# 116 NYYanks26 @ 02/08/13 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I noticed that some players have a Twitter logo on their player card.
Does that mean that their Twitter feed is included in the game?
Just another way to view the tweets. You can view them going into the "MLB on Twitter" option or you can just click on the player card and view them.

# 117 Curahee @ 02/08/13 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
This blog makes me sick....

Seeing Cutch wearing a Nationals hat

He will be a Yankee one day, just watch!

# 118 jnavarro @ 02/08/13 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
Loving the number ratings!
I'm glad someone else said it because I like it too. Overall is not the be all end all number, but it helps me in comparisons. Just another tool and I'm happy to have it.

# 119 tnixen @ 02/08/13 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnavarro
I'm glad someone else said it because I like it too. Overall is not the be all end all number, but it helps me in comparisons. Just another tool and I'm happy to have it.
Add me to the list too!

I also am very happy to see the number ratings added

# 120 erkizzlemynizzle @ 02/08/13 01:16 PM
So when a player moves to a new team in the game, their picture turns into a render with them in the new team's cap? That's a pretty awesome little touch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.