Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
The Show Live allows you to play any games from the 2013 MLB schedule with the most up-to-date rosters, lineups, and statistics, fed directly from MLB.com. Whether the game is starting in an hour, or was played a month ago, the presentation and commentary in The Show Live is dynamic to the landscape of the MLB on the date the game was scheduled. Relive a player’s 40th Home Run, clinch the pennant for a team that choked it away, or play along with the game you’re watching or listening to. The Show Live is a mode for the truest of MLB fans.

Source - Live with MLB 13’s The Show Live (PlayStation.Blog)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SoxFan01605 @ 02/14/13 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Nick's overall is in the high 90's but his presentation attribute is only a 70!
Pffft....overrated.

Wait, wrong thread...

# 82 Kirby_SCEA @ 02/14/13 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Maybe Camera Shy?
Trust me, he's not camera shy

# 83 Curahee @ 02/14/13 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...look what I started. Sorry! I don't think we actually need to break the guy's performance down. There's enough content to focus on, I think!
Its funny, cuz I really like Nick (at least from what Ive seen).
He reminds me of one of my best friends in HS.

# 84 HustlinOwl @ 02/14/13 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Its funny, cuz I really like Nick (at least from what Ive seen).
He reminds me of one of my best friends in HS.
sorry, you still have to wait until March 5th like the rest of us lol

# 85 ScouserHUN @ 02/14/13 02:38 PM
All right! This is awesome!

I have some questions and a theory how this thing works:

My theory:

Every player in the game has an ID number. This number is the same in MLB.tv and in MLB 13 The Show database. Let's say, no. #213 is Dustin Pedroia, and no. #143 is Jacoby Ellsbury.

Before a game starts, every team has to submit the lineup, containing the Starting Pitcher, the lineup, and the bullpen. All of the 25 players who are in that game. After things are set in stone, an info comes from MLB.tv that Boston has the following lineup:

ect...

This mode does not have rosters, instead a big pool of players who are assigned to teams, when teams submit lineups for games. This mode does not need rosters, because teams only need 25 players assigned to them before the first pitch.

My questions:

What happens if I would like to play a game before the lineup is submitted to MLB.tv? Does this mean,that every team has a 25 man roster before every game, that is up to date with mlb's data?

What happens when a player is called up from the minors (who has never played in the majors before) 2-3 hours before gametime? Does this mean that every player who is close to (let's say every AAA player) are created in the game (of course without the licensing issues) and are waiting to be called up?

Thanks in advance!

# 86 wisdom less13 @ 02/14/13 02:51 PM
Being a hardcore Franchise guy, I think I'm going to def check this mode out. Are we there yet?!

# 87 Galvatron @ 02/14/13 02:59 PM
Anyone wanna hitch a ride to March 5th?

# 88 ticats8 @ 02/14/13 03:05 PM
Will the mode be operating for Spring Training too?

# 89 Curahee @ 02/14/13 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticats8
Will the mode be operating for Spring Training too?
I asked that on page 4 and there is no clear answer yet....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044712025

# 90 ghm125 @ 02/14/13 03:27 PM
cant wait that's looks incredible!...may buy a vita just so I can lay/lie/lye on my couch too and keep up to date! wowza!

# 91 thaSLAB @ 02/14/13 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm125
cant wait that's looks incredible!...may buy a vita just so I can lay/lie/lye on my couch too and keep up to date! wowza!
Just be careful with that stuff! It can be highly corrosive...

# 92 ghm125 @ 02/14/13 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Just be careful with that stuff! It can be highly corrosive...

put it around my trees no wait that's....ehhh you know what I mean just covering all my lies

# 93 pokerlife @ 02/14/13 04:21 PM
Can we select a game that has all ready been played in real life and then watch CPU vs CPU and it will play out exactly how the game played out in real life?

# 94 Shaffer26 @ 02/14/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlife
Can we select a game that has all ready been played in real life and then watch CPU vs CPU and it will play out exactly how the game played out in real life?
No. Wouldn't you just want to watch the real game?

# 95 Factzzz @ 02/14/13 04:31 PM
Some great stuff was shown in this video, new batting stances, and some of the new presentations look phenomenal. All we need is the RTTS blog now.

Also are the interviews shown after the game actually going to have players talking or just their mouths moving? I assume it's the latter but just asking anyways.

# 96 ped3328 @ 02/14/13 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Enough said, really.

These little snippets of the extra stuff they have added to presentation are just too much
I know my question may sound stupid, but will we actually hear the post-game interview as such or will it just be the lips moving like we see on this video. Granted we have yet to hear in-game commentaries yet, but I'm just curious to see what will actually happen in that particular instance. Regardless, the game has reached a level of greatness never seen before. Since I'm not a franchise guy, I think this new live mode is meant just for me! LOL

# 97 thaSLAB @ 02/14/13 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ped3328
I know my question may sound stupid, but will we actually hear the post-game interview as such or will it just be the lips moving like we see on this video. Granted we have yet to hear in-game commentaries yet, but I'm just curious to see what will actually happen in that particular instance. Regardless, the game has reached a level of greatness never seen before. Since I'm not a franchise guy, I think this new live mode is meant just for me! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Some great stuff was shown in this video, new batting stances, and some of the new presentations look phenomenal. All we need is the RTTS blog now.

Also are the interviews shown after the game actually going to have players talking or just their mouths moving? I assume it's the latter but just asking anyways.

Yes, it's the latter. The commentators will be doing their post-game wrap-up during these scenes. Also, the TOPPS player of the game cards are still in, but the look a lot better this year.

# 98 Kirby_SCEA @ 02/14/13 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

The RTTS blog is coming soon. Get pumped! Haha.

# 99 Curahee @ 02/14/13 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
No. Wouldn't you just want to watch the real game?
But you cant watch every game if you dont have MLB.TV.
I get to watch the Cubs, Sox and whatever is on ESPN, FOX or MLBN.
I dont get the luxury of YES, MASN NESN, CSNW or whatever else.

So while I prob wouldnt watch the CPU play the CPU, it might be cool to catch a game or two.

# 100 thaSLAB @ 02/14/13 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby_SCEA
The RTTS blog is coming soon. Get pumped! Haha.
Ha! "Can't Wait!"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.