Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RoyalBoyle78 @ 02/14/13 09:16 PM
Yeah the graphics blow the ps2 away...I still play the show 12 on my vita and still floored by the graphics... I love this game

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

# 22 rynecandy @ 02/14/13 10:03 PM
I liked the Vita version and the graphics overall are top notch but if you are to find something to complain about, it would be that the fake players have a puffy/bloated look to them.

# 23 Nexgenrulz @ 02/14/13 10:41 PM
I wish they could somehow make the ball smaller. I know their reasons why they don't, but it doesn't hurt to wish.

# 24 thaSLAB @ 02/14/13 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgenrulz
I wish they could somehow make the ball smaller. I know their reasons why they don't, but it doesn't hurt to wish.
It is smaller in 13.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 25 MrOldboy @ 02/14/13 11:45 PM
Glad some attention was at least paid to the marketing of the Vita version, but I really need to see some gameplay or a verification that the performance is there. The game already plays great, but it was the framerate, crashes and other performance issues last year that made me stop playing the Vita version. I'm already getting the PS3 version so I'm not sold yet on the Vita version this year.

# 26 nomo17k @ 02/15/13 12:11 AM
I bet you may be able to play the demo/real version on Vita at Best Buy or something once it gets released. Why don't you wait till then??

# 27 MrOldboy @ 02/15/13 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I bet you may be able to play the demo/real version on Vita at Best Buy or something once it gets released. Why don't you wait till then??
My issue is if I do want to buy the game I want to get the $80 preorder bundle from amazon. Since I don't know if what I personally want improved was improved (performance), its hard for me to justify even $20 on the game if I don't play it when I buy it. If I wait and see if its better for me personally I'll have lost out on the $20 savings since I am getting the PS3 version anyways.

# 28 nomo17k @ 02/15/13 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
My issue is if I do want to buy the game I want to get the $80 preorder bundle from amazon. Since I don't know if what I personally want improved was improved (performance), its hard for me to justify even $20 on the game if I don't play it when I buy it. If I wait and see if its better for me personally I'll have lost out on the $20 savings since I am getting the PS3 version anyways.
I understand, but you are not going to be able to check what you want to check from trailers anyways. They of course won't include the game footage where frame rate drops, etc. You can really only check by playing.

But given that you can get $20 off with the bundle, it's not that bad to get the Vita copy, and then re-sale as new (or slightly used) once you decide not to play it at all. I actually did something similar last year... I ordered both PS3 and Vita versions online as a bundle, but no discount was available (I was in Canada then.... people's lives aren't as driven by getting things cheap as in US, which I actually liked) and upon learning that the items wouldn't arrive within a couple days of release, I got a Vita version from a retailer. And I sold the shrink wrapped version on kijiji (Canadian version of craigslist??). It's a minor inconvenience but you won't lose much... You might still get a small discount off of $20 that you save.

# 29 MrOldboy @ 02/15/13 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I understand, but you are not going to be able to check what you want to check from trailers anyways. They of course won't include the game footage where frame rate drops, etc. You can really only check by playing.

But given that you can get $20 off with the bundle, it's not that bad to get the Vita copy, and then re-sale as new (or slightly used) once you decide not to play it at all. I actually did something similar last year... I ordered both PS3 and Vita versions online as a bundle, but no discount was available (I was in Canada then.... people's lives aren't as driven by getting things cheap as in US, which I actually liked) and upon learning that the items wouldn't arrive within a couple days of release, I got a Vita version from a retailer. And I sold the shrink wrapped version on kijiji (Canadian version of craigslist??). It's a minor inconvenience but you won't lose much... You might still get a small discount off of $20 that you save.
Yeah there are ways around my issue like buying it and selling it, but its more that I want to buy the damn game! I want the framerate to be there! I want to give them my money. Knowing the issues of last years game its hard to preorder it since like you said you might not know until you play it. Trailers no you can't tell, but some straight gameplay shot off a screen knowing what to look for like the crowd for instance you might be able to see some things. Its just there hasn't even been any of that like there was last year.

# 30 geisterhome @ 02/15/13 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Trailers no you can't tell, but some straight gameplay shot off a screen knowing what to look for like the crowd for instance you might be able to see some things. Its just there hasn't even been any of that like there was last year.
yes that would be great! what abt that photo thaslab took at the CD for which he needed the permission from Russell to post it?
I guess Russell won't happen to clean his inbox anytime soon, so we
might have to forget abt it...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

# 31 Nexgenrulz @ 02/15/13 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
It is smaller in 13.

-- Sent from the Future...
Didn't know that. That's awesome! Thank you sir!!

# 32 Aggies7 @ 02/15/13 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Yeah the graphics blow the ps2 away...I still play the show 12 on my vita and still floored by the graphics... I love this game

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
Agree 100% here. I was so blown away by Vita graphics. I probably played the Vita version 80% of the time compared to the PS3 version.

To me all I needed to see added was some kind of celebration for home runs and I would have been more than happy to buy 13. And from what I have heard home run celebrations have been added so I see another 80/20% split again this year in favor of the Vita.

# 33 Blublub @ 02/15/13 03:13 PM
Great to see HR celebrations are in. Still hoping for populated dugouts, but can live without that if the frame rate would take a hit. The Vita/PS3 bundle is one of the best gaming values out there in my book.

# 34 geisterhome @ 02/15/13 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blublub
Great to see HR celebrations are in. Still hoping for populated dugouts, but can live without that if the frame rate would take a hit. The Vita/PS3 bundle is one of the best gaming values out there in my book.
dugouts will be empty, unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

# 35 earp4530 @ 02/15/13 08:06 PM
Love this time of the year! Hurry up March 5th..

# 36 dajar777 @ 02/15/13 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Finally we get to see a bit more of the vita version, awesome!

The trailer isnt too conclusive for me though regarding improvements.. we get to see a little bit of the homerun trots at least. Did you guys recognize anything else in the video thats new/improved?
City of Miami in the background of Marlins Park!!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.