Home
News Post

According to Kotaku, this is a picture of a real deal PlayStation 4 controller. It looks as familiar as it does foreign, with a large screen in the middle of the controller. According to a document obtained by gaming media a few weeks ago, the controller has a touch pad similar to what you get with the PS Vita hardware currently to provide a similar user experience.

This picture comes on top of information we have already learned about the PS4, including much beefier specs, including an eight core processor, a Blu-Ray drive and 160GB of Hard Drive space. Also, a new approach to user accounts is being purported, with user accounts being tied to controllers and not to the system -- which would theoretically allow for trophies to be earned by four different PS Users in a single co-op game.

Regardless, we're going to know more about the PS4 next week, as Sony is set to announce the console and two games, including a racing game, on February 20.

Member Comments
# 1 jyoung @ 02/15/13 07:02 PM
Another preview image surfaced today:

# 2 gigadkc @ 02/15/13 07:19 PM
if you ask me this is fake (if not a fail at least), I think this is just a modded ps3 controller. Why would they remove the convex sticks? That would be straight up dumb. The entire design just looks like this is a fake imo. Sony would really disappoint me if this is really the official PS4-controller. I'd rather use my PS1-controller than this thing.

# 3 moneal2001 @ 02/15/13 08:59 PM
it prolly is just a dev model.

# 4 billylee0000 @ 02/15/13 10:36 PM
this is the development kit, all development kits for all consoles look different from the launch models.

# 5 tril @ 02/16/13 09:00 AM
@Shigogaohu
maybe its a 160 gb flash/ssd drive. which would make the most sense.
as far as the controls. not much has changed with the sony controllere s since ps1. Im sure it will be more polished when released.

# 6 stlpimpmonsta @ 02/16/13 11:23 AM
That d-pad is making my left thumb hurt already

# 7 BlackRome @ 02/17/13 08:56 PM
The PS1 sticks are right up there with the worst sticks ever made. Like the Atari 2600. Seems as though this design has been around just as long.

# 8 dochalladay32 @ 02/17/13 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
if you ask me this is fake (if not a fail at least), I think this is just a modded ps3 controller. Why would they remove the convex sticks? That would be straight up dumb. The entire design just looks like this is a fake imo. Sony would really disappoint me if this is really the official PS4-controller. I'd rather use my PS1-controller than this thing.
I would prefer they got rid of the current sticks. Go to something my thumb can actually rest in so I have more control. Too many times I can recall my thumb slipping off the stick.

# 9 econoodle @ 02/18/13 11:41 PM
its official...that thing now looks like one of the aftermarket controllers.

# 10 howboutdat @ 02/20/13 10:38 AM
a touch screen? great ! now not only will it have something else to have a chance to go bad and make you buy a new one. i bet the price of the new controllers will top the outrageous 50 bucks we are having to pay for ones now.nice job sony. real nice job!! i dont see a thing wrong with the current controllers. the start , select buttons are simple and i have never had one fail me yet. cant wait to see how many times these "touchscreens" fail us and keep us from playing games. and only 160gb ....... wow ........ im impressed , 5 years ago............ smh

# 11 jmaj315 @ 02/22/13 05:56 PM
the 160gb to start doesnt surprise me... i bet the second wave will have 250+, and after a year or so 500+... and i feel like i heard something about streaming games from the cloud

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.