Home
MLB 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

We've also captured some MLB 2K13 screenshots from the video right here.

Still no word on any new features for MLB 2K13 and there isn't much time left, since the game releases on March 5th, almost 2 1/2 weeks away.

Major League Baseball 2K13 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 scottyo60 @ 02/16/13 11:21 PM
Just picked up 2k7 today for 360 and if 2k13 comes out at $60 ill gladly keep playing 2k7 even though I like the pitching now so much better.

# 42 kehlis @ 02/17/13 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by destructocid
Some people are just into masochism.
Another example of how to get banned.

# 43 macavity @ 02/18/13 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
For what system? I had no frame rate issues on the 360, minus a pop here and there on foul balls that had no bearing on gameplay at all.

I doubt they invested time in cleaning that up.
PS3. Sounds like it may not have been as big an issue on the 360 but I tend to agree, chances are they may not have fixed the problem (although I live in hope!)

# 44 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/18/13 07:42 AM
Played 2k12 this weekend just to remind myself why I don't need 2k13.

# 45 GHmanRON @ 02/18/13 07:54 AM
I'm gonna hold off on reviews and to see what is changed. I really want to get 13, but I need to see changes. Dammit 2K.

# 46 DaveDQ @ 02/18/13 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What I don't get is why NBA 2K13 gets a pass for its visuals and MLB 2K13 does not. It looks like the same art team. It might come off as different when you're in an arena, with different camera angles, and possibly superior animations, etc... but I think both games pretty much have the same look in terms of player models and textures.
I'd say for the most part it is trendy to hate on 2K Baseball. I'm not saying it's some game of excellence. I play NBA 2K13 and really enjoy it, but for what ever reason, 2K baseball just never pulled me in like their NBA game does. Part of that may be because it wasn't developed by the same group for a good amount of time this gen. I know we are a few years into VC having it, but it still doesn't seem to have that touch on it.

# 47 mlblover15 @ 02/18/13 06:35 PM
The reason they have made 13 is that MLB didn't want to have a void on the xbox for a year while they look for a bigger taker for the game. This is completely opening the window for EA to come in and run with it. Both Sony and MS have gotten their respective builds out for the next get systems to all gaming companies.

So it goes to say that i would imagine that EA has gotten their xbox build and will have already been working feverishly on the next gen title for xbox for a baseball game. Either that OR MS will take their baseball game code out of mothballs and or combine it with Acclaims All-Star Baseball code they have (i think they have the rights) and are going to be making their own first party game.

So as for 13 it will be the last of the breed by this company that is currently putting it out.

# 48 lnin0 @ 02/18/13 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
The reason they have made 13 is that MLB didn't want to have a void on the xbox for a year while they look for a bigger taker for the game. This is completely opening the window for EA to come in and run with it. Both Sony and MS have gotten their respective builds out for the next get systems to all gaming companies.

So it goes to say that i would imagine that EA has gotten their xbox build and will have already been working feverishly on the next gen title for xbox for a baseball game. Either that OR MS will take their baseball game code out of mothballs and or combine it with Acclaims All-Star Baseball code they have (i think they have the rights) and are going to be making their own first party game.

So as for 13 it will be the last of the breed by this company that is currently putting it out.
So you would have us believe that a company who has consistently lost money on the MLB license, who called it a losing proposition they wanted no part of, would suddenly re-up for another deal, out of the blue, after no development time and at the 11th hour, just because baseball came begging with their tail between their legs, begging all because they were scared of stores only carrying MLB games for PS3 and Vita?

# 49 jr86 @ 02/19/13 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
So you would have us believe that a company who has consistently lost money on the MLB license, who called it a losing proposition they wanted no part of, would suddenly re-up for another deal, out of the blue, after no development time and at the 11th hour, just because baseball came begging with their tail between their legs, begging all because they were scared of stores only carrying MLB games for PS3 and Vita?
Apart from the Re-upping for another deal(as MLB came to them) i would be fairly sure that is exactly what happened.Whatever 2k makes this year will be mostly profit(no exclusive license to pay and what looks like minimal development time)
I guess we will see how much effort was put into this project on March 5th.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.