Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Thanks to chrisjohnson83 (who has already confirmed his legit copy of the game with me), we have screenshots of the overall team ratings for MLB 13 The Show. This includes batting, pitching and defensive team ratings.

The ratings are accurate as of the January 24th roster update, so there will probably be subtle changes before release date on March 5th.

Overall Team Rating
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 3. Boston Red Sox
  • 4. Los Angeles Angels
  • 5. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 6. Texas Rangers
  • 7. Washington Nationals
  • 8. Atlanta Braves
  • 9. Cincinnati Reds
  • 10. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. Chicago White Sox
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 17. San Francisco Giants
  • 18. Oakland Athletics
  • 19. Kansas City Royals
  • 20. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 21. Baltimore Orioles
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Cleveland Indians
  • 25. San Diego Padres
  • 26. Minnesota Twins
  • 27. Chicago Cubs
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Miami Marlins
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Batting
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. Los Angeles Angels
  • 3. Colorado Rockies
  • 4. Boston Red Sox
  • 5. Texas Rangers
  • 6. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 7. Cincinnati Reds
  • 8. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 9. Washington Nationals
  • 10. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Atlanta Braves
  • 13. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 14. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 15. Baltimore Orioles
  • 16. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. Oakland Athletics
  • 20. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. San Francisco Giants
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. New York Mets
  • 27. San Diego Padres
  • 28. Minnesota Twins
  • 29. Chicago Cubs
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Pitching
  • 1. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 2. Washington Nationals
  • 3. Atlanta Braves
  • 4. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 5. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 6. New York Yankees
  • 7. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 8. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 9. San Francisco Giants
  • 10. Boston Red Sox
  • 11. Cincinnati Reds
  • 12. Texas Rangers
  • 13. Detroit Tigers
  • 14. Los Angeles Angels
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Oakland Athletics
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. San Diego Padres
  • 20. Seattle Mariners
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Colorado Rockies
  • 24. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 25. Baltimore Orioles
  • 26. Chicago Cubs
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Houston Astros
  • 30. Miami Marlins
Team Defense
  • 1. New York Yankees
  • 2. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 3. Los Angeles Angels
  • 4. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 5. Cincinnati Reds
  • 6. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 7. Atlanta Braves
  • 8. Chicago Cubs
  • 9. Baltimore Orioles
  • 10. San Francisco Giants
  • 11. Texas Rangers
  • 12. Washington Nationals
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 15. Boston Red Sox
  • 16. Kansas City Royals
  • 17. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 18. San Diego Padres
  • 19. Detroit Tigers
  • 20. Houston Astros
  • 21. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 22. Cleveland Indians
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Oakland Athletics
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 29. Chicago White Sox
  • 30. New York Mets

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Rodbird @ 02/23/13 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
All this talk of team ratings...

I just want to know where this guy got the game!

M.K.
Knight165
Exactly, and where is he so he can answer some more questions?

# 202 ComfortablyLomb @ 02/23/13 11:50 AM
The Red Sox ranked third overall feels incredibly wrong. An 80 win season would be a "good" outcome with that group.

# 203 Lovesports @ 02/23/13 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Blue Jays at #5 overall ranking.... Seems a bit low to me after the offseason they just had...
You my friend possess no knowledge of baseball. They're 10th at best, possibly lower.

# 204 HustlinOwl @ 02/23/13 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
So you are saying last year they did a better job of ranking MLB teams?
nope just more discussion this year

# 205 Majingir @ 02/23/13 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
You my friend possess no knowledge of baseball. They're 10th at best, possibly lower.
Why do people keep on saying this about the Jays? 2012 WITHOUT the injuries, Jays were a team already projected to finish around the 10th spot. So are people really saying that after the moves the Jays made in the offseason, that they somehow got worse....

I understand that other teams in the past have had big offseasons and still didn't live up to expectations,but some of those teams were ones who were nothing more than a below .500 team before those moves. Jays are already a mid 80s win team even before any of their offseason moves.

And even if injuries happen, the guys who will be replacing the MLB roster guys, were the MLB roster guys of 2012. Jays have guys like Happ,Cecil,Lincoln as their 6-7-8 SP(Happ was a main rotation guy for Jays in 2nd half of 2012,and now he's nothing more than a 6th starter cause of the depth the Jays added)

And for the hitters...guys like Gose,Sierra,Cooper(all regulars on 2012 roster) are now in the minors.

So even if injuries happened, Jays worst scenario is basically their 2012 team, the same one already projected for win total in the 80s.

# 206 bkrich83 @ 02/23/13 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Why do people keep on saying this about the Jays? 2012 WITHOUT the injuries, Jays were a team already projected to finish around the 10th spot. So are people really saying that after the moves the Jays made in the offseason, that they somehow got worse....

I understand that other teams in the past have had big offseasons and still didn't live up to expectations,but some of those teams were ones who were nothing more than a below .500 team before those moves. Jays are already a mid 80s win team even before any of their offseason moves.

And even if injuries happen, the guys who will be replacing the MLB roster guys, were the MLB roster guys of 2012. Jays have guys like Happ,Cecil,Lincoln as their 6-7-8 SP(Happ was a main rotation guy for Jays in 2nd half of 2012,and now he's nothing more than a 6th starter cause of the depth the Jays added)

And for the hitters...guys like Gose,Sierra,Cooper(all regulars on 2012 roster) are now in the minors.

So even if injuries happened, Jays worst scenario is basically their 2012 team, the same one already projected for win total in the 80s.
Lots of stretches and if's there. Either way a Jays fan complaining about only being #5 is laughable at best. They haven't done a thing yet to prove otherwise. Especially for a team coming off a 73 win season.

# 207 Hockeynut99 @ 02/23/13 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Lots of stretches and if's there. Either way a Jays fan complaining about only being #5 is laughable at best. They haven't done a thing yet to prove otherwise. Especially for a team coming off a 73 win season.
One can use that same logic for why the Giants should be ranked higher. They did win 2 out of the last 3 World Series. lol

Personally, I think the ratings are OK.

# 208 MLB Bob @ 02/23/13 12:47 PM
Quote:
The ratings arent based of what the team may do or have done. Its not ranked on intagables like "grit", "good managers", "team chemistry" and "being clutch"..
Most of that stuff is a way to explain the unexplainable and have no data to back it up or quantify

Its individual player stats from a 3 year formula, weighted by SCEA.

So with that, some teams look odd, but real life or in game the Jays are not over rated, SF may be a little under rated, but SF rely's on Buster, and you saw that when he was not there in 2011 due to injury and they didnt win the world series, the Red Sox way over rated if we're going by "what they have done last year"

And if it takes minor leagues into account, than this can explain alot as well. And we dont know the "grade" difference between the top team and the last team, or any team. The teams people are saying should be 5 spots higher, the difference between those 5 teams maybe 1 point..maybe less..maybe more.

God I love having numbered ratings...smh

# 209 MrOldboy @ 02/23/13 12:48 PM
I thought the team ratings reflected how good a team was on paper, the player ratings. If you go by that I can see why people are concerned over the ratings since in the end they only reflect the talent of the team not just their W-L. Maybe Jays fans believe they have better talent on paper than what the team ratings suggest. That is understandable, but that doesn't mean they are a better team. Its the same with the Giants. The game doesn't account for the things that might make them a better team than they are on paper.

Edit: Bob already said it.

# 210 gator3guy @ 02/23/13 12:51 PM
Quote:
Actually its not
Granderson
Jeter
Youkilis

Jeter and Granderson were one of the worst defenders in the entire league last year at key positions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Blue Jays at #5 overall ranking.... Seems a bit low to me after the offseason they just had...
I think we'll look back on this and say the exact opposite.

# 211 Lovesports @ 02/23/13 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

You keep refering to projections and winning mid 80's. First, Jamarcus Russell was projected best player in the draft...nuff said about the accuracy of projections. Second, they won 73 games last year and got a bunch of players from a team that won 69 games...not as impressive as everyone is making it out to be. Third, even if they won 80 some games...there are about 10 teams that won 90 plus games or close to it. I ranked my top 15 a few pages back and got them at 10 which I still think its a bit high considering they have done NOTHING and every Jays fan wants to crown them! You guys are ridiculous and clearly bias

# 212 bkrich83 @ 02/23/13 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
The ratings arent based of what the team may do or have done. Its not ranked on intagables like "grit", "good managers", "team chemistry" and "being clutch"..
Most of that stuff is a way to explain the unexplainable and have no data to back it up or quantify

Its individual player stats from a 3 year formula, weighted by SCEA.

So with that, some teams look odd, but real life or in game the Jays are not over rated, SF may be a little under rated, but SF rely's on Buster, and you saw that when he was not there in 2011 due to injury and they didnt win the world series, the Red Sox way over rated if we're going by "what they have done last year"

And if it takes minor leagues into account, than this can explain alot as well. And we dont know the "grade" difference between the top team and the last team, or any team. The teams people are saying should be 5 spots higher, the difference between those 5 teams maybe 1 point..maybe less..maybe more.

God I love having numbered ratings...smh
didn't say the Jays were overrated. Said Jays fan complaining that #5 is too low for them is laughable. And it is. Even on paper saying talent wise they are the 5th most talented team in the league is a stretch, to complain it's too low is ridiculous.

Apparently Jays fans think they've already won the title.

# 213 MLB Bob @ 02/23/13 01:02 PM
Since when does a players team record fall solely on a player or a few players?

So if a team trades for a player from a losing team that player was the reason and has to continue losing?

There may be a lot of homers on here, but thats ridiculous...RIDICULOUS to say that the best players...that have shown year in and year out (since you like to keep saying that, they are good get slammed for being on a poorly run, poorly built Marlins team. You put pujols and fielder on a team that has an absolutely terrible team, they arent going to make the team win a world series if the rest of the team are kids and rejects.

Your arguments make no sense, and are about as correct as the homer jay guys.

You have your opinion and everyone else has theres, and if they think the team is better and you dont, its ok...its a game.

# 214 Lovesports @ 02/23/13 01:06 PM
Quote:
didn't say the Jays were overrated. Said Jays fan complaining that #5 is too low for them is laughable. And it is. Even on paper saying talent wise they are the 5th most talented team in the league is a stretch, to complain it's too low is ridiculous.

I actually do think the Jays are very overrated. Giants a little underrated?!?! Do people even watch MLB anymore? Or do they just play the show and pretend its real life? I swear by reading some of the comments I get the impression that a lot of people dont even follow baseball, they just play video games.

# 215 MLB Bob @ 02/23/13 01:08 PM
Quote:

A little defensive when I didnt say you claimed them to be over rated, and I find it just as amussing that because you dont agree with other peoples opinion that its laughable. I have yet to see any argument on here actually make sense enough to sway, justify or explain the ratings...so that is laughable.

# 216 tvman @ 02/23/13 01:09 PM
These team ratings must put way more into hitting than pitching. When I see the Rockies rated at #11 compared to the Giants at #17, Colorado has one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball.

# 217 bkrich83 @ 02/23/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
I actually do think the Jays are very overrated. Giants a little underrated?!?! Do people even watch MLB anymore? Or do they just play the show and pretend its real life? I swear by reading some of the comments I get the impression that a lot of people dont even follow baseball, they just play video games.
Jays homers are out of control, yes. That's what happens when you get a ray of light after your team has done absolutely nothing for almost 2 decades.

On paper, I guess we'll see. I don't have a huge issue with where they are rated. If all those players they acquire live up to expectations I could see them in the hunt. But if you look at the changes they've made and their roster that's a lot of "big ifs".

# 218 Lovesports @ 02/23/13 01:11 PM
Quote:
Since when does a players team record fall solely on a player or a few players?

So if a team trades for a player from a losing team that player was the reason and has to continue losing?

There may be a lot of homers on here, but thats ridiculous...RIDICULOUS to say that the best players...that have shown year in and year out (since you like to keep saying that, they are good get slammed for being on a poorly run, poorly built Marlins team. You put pujols and fielder on a team that has an absolutely terrible team, they arent going to make the team win a world series if the rest of the team are kids and rejects.

Your arguments make no sense, and are about as correct as the homer jay guys.

You have your opinion and everyone else has theres, and if they think the team is better and you dont, its ok...its a game.
What in the world are you babbling about?! So we're comparing Mark Burhle to pujols now? You're not in the everybody category because plenty of people disagree with you, you're in the jays fan category which clearly makes your opinion bias to begin with.

# 219 bkrich83 @ 02/23/13 01:12 PM
Quote:
A little defensive when I didnt say you claimed them to be over rated, and I find it just as amussing that because you dont agree with other peoples opinion that its laughable. I have yet to see any argument on here actually make sense enough to sway, justify or explain the ratings...so that is laughable.
Not defensive at all. That was pretty much what you said. If you want to say that wasn't where you were going with that post, more power to you.

A team that is coming off a 73 win season, who made some nice acquisitions on paper, if those players in most cases make come backs, or live up to expectations, has no reason to complain about being "only" at #5. On paper, I can see why they are there, but still seems to be a stretch.

If you want to argue that point feel free.

# 220 crains13 @ 02/23/13 01:15 PM
Doesn't matter if my Reds are 9th or 29th, I'm gonna play the hell out of The Show '13.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.